ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

power-lost
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by power-lost » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:09 am

peachy36 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:10 am
peachy36 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:36 am
Hi all,

I sent an email to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on December 18th and just received a reply! They said my application has been granted and that my invitation letter was sent 14th of December. I applied on September 20th - so it's been 3 months.

This is what I included in the email in case it helps:
Application number:
Name:
Date of Birth:
Current Nationality:
Immigration Status:
Contact Phone:

Yay! Good luck everyone!!
UPDATE - Received my letter yesterday - dated 06 December. Just called today to make my appointment for the next ceremony which is January 15th. Thanks to everyone on this forum - I'm sure the letters are coming. :D :D

Hi all.
I have received my letters of approval today. just to give you quick update of the whole process,

I applied with my wife and child using NCS joint with passports on 3rd October 2017 but they said to me that they send documents to Home office once a week only so they sent mine on 9th Oct which was coming monday i believe. i received letter for my Biometrics on 14th oct dated 12th Oct. got my Biometerics Recorded on the same day 14th october. on 8th December for the 1st time i randomly checked my online status of application and it said "Awaiting a Decision" but later on that day i checked it again and to my surprise it was changed to "Decided". I email them on 19th December asking them that i haven't received my decesion yet to which they replied on the 20th saying that they have dispatched my letters to me on 14th december. i received them today 22nd December however i have already booked with the council as they received the notification on 18th of December.

Good Luck everyone.

gaffarn
Mood:

Post by gaffarn » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:44 pm

my case reference number never worked on the online application status page the home office put up. I complained about it on that new beta page for applications and also by email trying to get information from them about the status of my application, waiting now to hear from them.

When I called they brushed me off with the caseworker will call you if there is anything he/she needs with regards to making a decision on your application. Also they said we have no database showing people's information on applications that I can answer your queries. But its clear they do from what others are saying on this thread so I'm guessing some reference numbers were on this database but some were never entered into the database (like mine) or if they were they just state Awaiting decision with nothing further.

I think they don't intend to give my this citizenship quickly they will make the decision perhaps 5 or 6 months and maybe worse like a colleague at work said they contacted her after 6 months for more information and she got the citizenship letter only after 8 months of applying. Even though her application was straight forward she was never an asylum seeker or even someone who committed treason or whatever... :lol: I read someone said he considers the UK as an enemy and told the UKBA staff at an interview some years ago and as a result his waiting 2 years for citizenship, well its understandable. But in my case I work I pay tax (tax office will confirm this with them) a credit agency will confirm my good character similarly the police based on my finger prints no caution or convictions that's it type up the decision letter, what is the delaying about.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:04 pm

gaffarn wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:44 pm
my case reference number never worked on the online application status page the home office put up. I complained about it on that new beta page for applications and also by email trying to get information from them about the status of my application, waiting now to hear from them.

When I called they brushed me off with the caseworker will call you if there is anything he/she needs with regards to making a decision on your application. Also they said we have no database showing people's information on applications that I can answer your queries. But its clear they do from what others are saying on this thread so I'm guessing some reference numbers were on this database but some were never entered into the database (like mine) or if they were they just state Awaiting decision with nothing further.

I think they don't intend to give my this citizenship quickly they will make the decision perhaps 5 or 6 months and maybe worse like a colleague at work said they contacted her after 6 months for more information and she got the citizenship letter only after 8 months of applying. Even though her application was straight forward she was never an asylum seeker or even someone who committed treason or whatever... :lol: I read someone said he considers the UK as an enemy and told the UKBA staff at an interview some years ago and as a result his waiting 2 years for citizenship, well its understandable. But in my case I work I pay tax (tax office will confirm this with them) a credit agency will confirm my good character similarly the police based on my finger prints no caution or convictions that's it type up the decision letter, what is the delaying about.
Did you apply in September? Then little time has passed. The Home Office processing time is six months, so be prepared for a wait, they will not give out information til that time has passed, you have to wait like the rest of us did. It is also Christmas now so there ma be a little delay. Patience is a virtue.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:07 pm

gaffarn wrote:

You only applied 3 months ago. HO states very clearly that you need to wait 6 months before any information might be given.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gaffarn
Mood:

Post by gaffarn » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:21 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:04 pm
gaffarn wrote:

Did you apply in September? Then little time has passed. The Home Office processing time is six months, so be prepared for a wait, they will not give out information til that time has passed, you have to wait like the rest of us did. It is also Christmas now so there ma be a little delay. Patience is a virtue.
How long did yours take?

My case reference number not being recognised on that page they put up when everyone else on this thread got information from it either Awaiting a decision or Decided, straight away told me the reference number they gave me was one they don't intend to work on quickly. 5 or 6 months minimum.

Anapplicant
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Anapplicant » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Update - finally received my approval letter yesterday dated 15 December :D applied on 12 July and application was acknowledged on 18 July so it took around 5 months.Booked ceremony for 11 Jan as the next private appointment was on 4 January so not worth the £100.

Great Christmas gift from immigration authorities 😁 wishing everyone the best!

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:26 pm

gaffarn wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:21 pm
mrgs1 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:04 pm
gaffarn wrote:

How long did yours take?

My case reference number not being recognised on that page they put up when everyone else on this thread got information from it either Awaiting a decision or Decided, straight away told me the reference number they gave me was one they don't intend to work on quickly. 5 or 6 months minimum.
Four months and status never changed just "Awaiting a decision".

googleit

Post by googleit » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:45 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:09 am
Unfortunately I will not be able to do ceremony today as I have still not received my letters

Council says that they have very strict instructions not to organise ceremony without letters or HO will reject the letter

I am off on holidays until 8th Jan so I will do ceremony when I am back. I hope I have letters by then :)

Attended my ceremony without invitation / approval letter as I contacted council and they allowed me to book a private ceremony without approval letter as the guy said council received all paperwork so that was more important, I still haven’t received approval letter , poor 2nd class deliveries sent by Home office

Moonset007

Post by Moonset007 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:39 pm

Why some applications are taken more time than others even if it's straightforward app. What HO check ? Credit check , Tax check, police check? I belive it will not take more than few weekes to get all checks as everythings is automated data bases

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:23 pm

googleit wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:45 pm
MAS99 wrote:
Unfortunately I will not be able to do ceremony today as I have still not received my letters

Council says that they have very strict instructions not to organise ceremony without letters or HO will reject the letter

I am off on holidays until 8th Jan so I will do ceremony when I am back. I hope I have letters by then :)

Attended my ceremony without invitation / approval letter as I contacted council and they allowed me to book a private ceremony without approval letter as the guy said council received all paperwork so that was more important, I still haven’t received approval letter , poor 2nd class deliveries sent by Home office
That's great to know.
But I think depending on the council and who dealt with your call

My council said no, without invitation letter, which carries the poll/cover number " in particular "

But following day, my invitation letter Arrived and I booked ceremony immediately.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

googleit

Post by googleit » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:36 pm

smallpie wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:23 pm
googleit wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:45 pm
MAS99 wrote:

That's great to know.
But I think depending on the council and who dealt with your call

My council said no, without invitation letter, which carries the poll/cover number " in particular "

But following day, my invitation letter Arrived and I booked ceremony immediately.

Yes agreed , it’s from council to council. I didn’t see anyone attending ceremony without approval letter , was bit surprising for me as well

gaffarn
Mood:

Post by gaffarn » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:58 pm

Moonset007 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:39 pm
Why some applications are taken more time than others even if it's straightforward app. What HO check ? Credit check , Tax check, police check? I belive it will not take more than few weekes to get all checks as everythings is automated data bases
This is what I was thinking too.

mmali

Post by mmali » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:58 pm

rafabeton wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:04 am
So, the UKVI office is testing a new online service which is great as I won't be anxious about the post every single day

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Still in beta, and it seems like applications done in less than 4 weeks might not be traceable yet.
This service is unavailable , any clue when it will be available?

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:07 pm

mmali wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:58 pm
rafabeton wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:04 am
So, the UKVI office is testing a new online service which is great as I won't be anxious about the post every single day

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Still in beta, and it seems like applications done in less than 4 weeks might not be traceable yet.
This service is unavailable , any clue when it will be available?
Read what it says when you click the link. That's all the information you will get. It's up to Home Office if and when they activate it.

Sufyan2090
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Sufyan2090 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:42 pm

Hi guys just would like to get advice from someone here . I have applied in November but i have some debts like a loan and i have paid for few months till i lost my job then I couldn't afford then i started to receive benefits then the collection agency called me to make arrangement to repay my loan so i pay now 21£ a month so
Do u think that will affect my application???
Or do i have to write a letter to the home office and explain my situation???

Note !!! No court at all . So do u think as long as my case didn't reach the court then no worries????
Plz i need someone to tell me what to do
Thanks alots

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Sufyan2090 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:42 pm
Hi guys just would like to get advice from someone here . I have applied in November but i have some debts like a loan and i have paid for few months till i lost my job then I couldn't afford then i started to receive benefits then the collection agency called me to make arrangement to repay my loan so i pay now 21£ a month so
Do u think that will affect my application???
Or do i have to write a letter to the home office and explain my situation???

Note !!! No court at all . So do u think as long as my case didn't reach the court then no worries????
Plz i need someone to tell me what to do
Thanks alots
I don't think you need to worry as long as there is no CCJ outstanding, however you might want to create a separate topic about this, as it's unrelated to this thread.

Sufyan2090
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Sufyan2090 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:57 pm

Thanks mate for ur reply. I just read at November timeline that someone have applied on 7 of November and got the approval letter this week 😃 even he had 2 CCJ.
Hope no problem then in shaa allah
Thanks guys

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:01 pm

Sufyan2090 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:57 pm
Thanks mate for ur reply. I just read at November timeline that someone have applied on 7 of November and got the approval letter this week 😃 even he had 2 CCJ.
Hope no problem then in shaa allah
Thanks guys
It's all at the discretion of the individual Caseworker. I'm sure all the information will be on the system for them to check.

power-lost
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by power-lost » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:55 am

No updates guys??

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Aply 6 November EU MN1+AN nothing my son you need study police cure I hop good news for every one

ag03
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ag03 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:12 pm

Applied on 18th July and received approval on 23rd Dec. Ceremony booked for Tuesday at the council near my workplace.

politeGuy
Newly Registered
India

Post by politeGuy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Applied on 05th Oct and received approval letter on 30th Dec (Letter dated 15th Dec). also received invitation letter for ceremony on 20th Feb.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:40 am

applied 19 july .... still waiting......

Kman munzuc
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

??

Post by Kman munzuc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:49 am

Case ID: xxxxxxx
Hi dear sir/madam i have made application on 19th may 2017 it has been over six months no response regarding my BRP, please let me how long will it take more?

Best regards

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

????

Post by ariskar » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:59 am

Kman munzuc wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:49 am
Case ID: xxxxxxx
Hi dear sir/madam i have made application on 19th may 2017 it has been over six months no response regarding my BRP, please let me how long will it take more?

Best regards
Please note this is a naturalisation/citizenship forum section. Unless you refer to BRP return (document return) as part of the naturalisation application, please post in the correct forum section. I would also advise you not sharing your *exact* HO case id number publicly as this is a sensitive personal information that could be used by third parties. All the best!