ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application - missing Company Registration Cert

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

StillHopefull
Newly Registered

OCI Application - missing Company Registration Cert

Post by StillHopefull » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:32 pm

I submitted my OCI application this week. I have provided all the documents except the Company Registration Certificate. I have submitted my full tax returns with the application.

I am a self employed contractor and file my returns annually to HMRC.

I only realized after submission of application that I hadn't included the Company Registration Certificate.

Can I go and submit it now separately ?
Does it matter if its missing?
Will they ask me the document later on resulting in delaying the process?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

ekta

Re: OCI Application - missing Company Registration Cert

Post by ekta » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:04 am

hello there, I need help.

I am in same situation.I am a director of a limited company and do not have accountant so can you please advise what documents did you submit and is accountant letter is necessary? Please advise.

Many Thanks
Ekta

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Ideally submit whatever you have. As long as VFS takes your application, it is fine. If they want any more documents, they will send message on OCI status enquiry and email. Application can get slightly delayed but not cancelled.

ekta

Post by ekta » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:40 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I called VFS helpline and they said, they only need HMRC proof of tax return SA302 and Company registration certificate. They didn't mention of accountant letter so wanted to know is that what you submitted or anything else?

Thanks
Ekta

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:02 pm

My case is different as I dont have any company. I think that they are flexible. As long as basic documents India Passport, British Passport, Surrender certificate, Naturalization certificate, is there-application will be taken. If VFS takes it, application will be accepted. If they want anything, they have a procedure of sending Enquiry on case to case basis but application will not be rejected. At most it can be delayed by a week or so.Go ahead with whatever you have got. All the Best.

ekta

Post by ekta » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:05 pm

Thank you.

Devil81
Mood:

Post by Devil81 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:56 am

Hi

Even I am a director of a Ltd company and due for an OCI application.
I still fail to understand why would Indian government need to see our proof of earnings in UK. They have absolutely nothing to do with earnings made abroad as we are Brits and no more Indians. Even NRIs don't pay any tax in India and UK government have already done substantial checks with HMRC during our naturalisation process.

For previous extensions (Tier1G), ILR & Naturalisation, I have submitted arsenal of documents for my Ltd Company. List includes Accountant letter, VAT certificate, Company Incorporation Cert, SA302s all previous years, P60s all years, Payslips, Dividend vouchers, Invoice copies, Business bank stats and personal bank stats.

Do they expect us to submit all of the above for an OCI application? :roll:

Still wondering what would they expect to see for earnings from someone who submits an OCI application and living on or claiming benefits in UK.

Any thoughts!!

Thanks

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:12 pm

This is a very confusing part. Not everyone is employed or on Benefits. It should be a straightforward process for those people who were Indian Citizens in the past and became British by Naturalization. India passport, British passport, Surrender certificate, Naturalization Certificate should suffice as far as India Foreign Ministry rules are concerned. Extra documents should be required only for those who were not Indian Citizens in the past but applying due to parents/spouse etc. Income is not any criteria for OCI card!!!!
I have a friend in Canada applying for OCI card and he was asked Landing Card (when they settled in canada) and Marriage Certificate even though his OCI was not on the basis of marriage. I think in every country, the agency like VFS or BLS or CKGS has made up their own rules.

Devil81
Mood:

Post by Devil81 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:25 pm

If income is not a criteria for OCI why ask for income/earning documents as circumstances may be different for everyone i.e. Employed, Self-employed, Director or Un-employed.

Absolutely agree that if applicants were Indian citizens before naturalisation, it should be a straightforward process of only submitting British passport, Indian passport, Naturalisation and Surrender certificate. Not sure what are they verifying with income details. :?

Again it's not for agencies like VFS to decide what is required for an OCI application. They are only acting as a third party on behalf of High Commission of India and have no role to play in deciding applications.

Few years ago, all services (OCI, PIO & Passport renewal) was handled by HCI in UK.

Thanks

alien.uk
Mood:

Post by alien.uk » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:09 am

I just finished my OCI submission and I have to say that it is one of the bizarre application process that i have come across in my life.
I am not the typical moaner of Indian system who after settling here point fingers at India and complain. infact I speak in support of Indian traffic, crowd, cleanliness when such a topic is brought up by my friends.

But this OCI application process is absolute trash in my opinion.

1. Why are they asking for the cancelled indian passport copy when they have the surrender certificate? What is the reasoning behind this? Do they doubt themselves on the Surrender Certificate Issuance that they are doing an audit on their past process?

2. For Directors / Contractors who own a Limited company, the process gets even more messier and rubbish.
I submitted, 4 items because i declared myself as a 'Businessman' - My current active contract with the company i work for , my comp reg certificate, my 2016/17 tax returns and my own company letter declaring me as an employee.

The VFS courier boys/girls make the process even more tougher / harder demanding for rubbish documents which are totally unnecessary. For e.g, when you declare someone unemployed, there is nothing that they are to submit as a part of the application, but VFS courier boys ask for last 3 months bank statement. This is plain ridiculous and absolute waste of money / time.
Alien UK
ILR received - November 2014
Applied for Naturalisation - Feb 2016
Naturalisation Approval - Mar 2016
Passport Received - April 2016

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:33 am

Scanning of Signature and document uploading is unnecessary as we are submitting Original plus Copy. Not everyone has scanners or access to computers if at the end of the day, we are going personally to center. A small mistake in online and the process becomes cumbersome.