ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA EXTENSION -33 Months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

SPOUSE VISA EXTENSION -33 Months

Post by Aadil123 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:50 pm

HI Team

i need to apply for visa extension of my wife, who is currently on "Spouse visa of British citizen" category granted for 33 months initially.

We had used IELTS Academic score card for English language proof which was accepted.now IELTS has been expired.

1. does she need to pass IELTS test again
2. Can we use IELTS-Academic as English language proof as it is required for her studies continuation?

appreciate your help

Regards
Adil

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Re: SPOUSE VISA EXTENSION -33 Months

Post by princesssarah » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 pm

I have a question that is something similar with this. I am applying for an extension as well next year (I'm currently on my first 2.5 years spouse visa). Is it okay to use my previous IELTS for the second time? Even if it expired last Feb 2017? I used it for my first application. Thanks to whoever respond.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:07 pm

from what I understand from the web, you hv to sit again for an approved test..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ENGLISH REQUIRMENT FOR SPOUSE VISA OF BRITISH CITIZEN

Post by Aadil123 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:59 am

HI Team,
I need to apply for the extension of my wife UK Visa under category of Spouse Visa- British Citizen She had attempted IELTS test in Feb 2015 and had scored 8.5, the same ielts result was used for the visa application.
can we use the same IELTS test results for visa extension though it is now expired ?

appreciate your help

Thanks & Regards
Adil

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:02 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:06 am

Was the IELTS test at level A1 or A2 or above?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aadil123 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:22 am

Hi

It was academic IELTS however the score was well above A1 /A2 requirements and attempted at one of the approved test centre of Home office .

Text copied from FLR(M) version 04/17 form

Note 3: Please see the list of approved tests on gov.uk at: https://www.gov.uk/government/
publications/guidance-on-applying-for-uk-visa-approved-english-language-tests
You must provide your Secure English Language Test (SELT) unique electronic reference
number provided by the awarding body as evidence of your test with your application.
If you sat an English language test before 6 April 2015 you will not have a SELT unique
electronic reference number.

"You may still be able to use your test with this application but only if
it is at or above the appropriate level and was accepted as part of a successful previous partner
or parent application. See section 21e) of the FLR(M) guidance notes"

Regards
Adil

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:33 am

Irrespective of her scores, she must have chosen a level of her test. If it wasn't B1, then it must have been at A1, since A2 was only offered to applicants in the UK?

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aadil123 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:49 am

Hi Vinny

Thanks for your reply, ielts attempted in 2015 i think two options academic and general were available that time.
I just had look at the cross relation of IELTS score and CEFR , IELTS score 8.5 corresponds to CEFR level C2 marked as proficient user.

i amnot sure that an expired IELTS can be use for visa extension?

Regards
Aadil

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:29 am

32D of Appendix FM-SE?

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:44 am

Aadil123 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:22 am
Hi

It was academic IELTS however the score was well above A1 /A2 requirements and attempted at one of the approved test centre of Home office .

Text copied from FLR(M) version 04/17 form

Note 3: Please see the list of approved tests on gov.uk at: https://www.gov.uk/government/
publications/guidance-on-applying-for-uk-visa-approved-english-language-tests
You must provide your Secure English Language Test (SELT) unique electronic reference
number provided by the awarding body as evidence of your test with your application.
If you sat an English language test before 6 April 2015 you will not have a SELT unique
electronic reference number.

"You may still be able to use your test with this application but only if
it is at or above the appropriate level and was accepted as part of a successful previous partner
or parent application. See section 21e) of the FLR(M) guidance notes"

Regards
Adil
Adil, we are on the same situation. I do not have a SELT number. Its just a regular IELTS Academic test I took on Feb 2017. However, it was accepted in my previous spouse visa application and now I am wondering if I could still use it for my extension of visa this April. My score was equivalent to C1.

The thing is nobody can exactly says 100% that "yes you can still use it". By reading on your above quote, it seems like we don't need to sit another test?

sheedatali

Post by sheedatali » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:03 pm

I have similar question, has anyone used the same certificate that was used at part of successful previous application? From the Guidance Notes it is clear that you don't need it, however I have not seen any posts of people using the same certificate again.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _1.21.pdf
In the document section 2.5, it is clear that same document can be used even it has passed its validity date and is at or above the current requirement ( which is A2).

I would like someone to confirm if they re-used the same certificate as used in initial application.

Thanks

Alfred888
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Alfred888 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:14 pm

Hi. Any update in this forum? Did anyone use their previous eilts results? Thanks.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:54 pm

Yes you can use previously used IELTS

IELTS Academic for UKVI is definitely more than sufficient for the requirements of extensions