ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority postal Tier 2 got delayed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tamara93
Newly Registered
Mood:
Slovenia

Priority postal Tier 2 got delayed

Post by Tamara93 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:28 pm

Hey all,

Just wanted to double check has anyone's priority postal application been delayed this time round? If they claim it is 10 working days to get a decision I am quite worried that I haven't received any correspondence from the UKBA. Today is the tenth day and I'm of course worried because of Christmas (I have a New Year's flight booked).

Do you think it is ok to call them and ask for help? I do not know who to call though (the company lawyer did the application and he is just telling me not to worry, while not doing anything to help and I'm worried something is wrong).

Any advice would help, cheers!

mastenfr
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Re: Priority postal Tier 2 got delayed

Post by mastenfr » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Hi,

I applied for extension on Monday 11/12/17 and received the decision + all my supporting documents today (21/12/17) via UPS.

You could contact prioritypostalrequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to request a progress update. Alternatively, you could contact UK visas and immigration about your application using the following link: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

You can ask for your passport to be returned here: https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

The Home Office might be particularly busy during the holiday season and hence the delay. I have heard similar stories such as yours.

Good luck :)

Tamara93
Newly Registered
Mood:
Slovenia

Post by Tamara93 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:07 pm

mastenfr wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:22 pm
Hi,

I applied for extension on Monday 11/12/17 and received the decision + all my supporting documents today (21/12/17) via UPS.

You could contact prioritypostalrequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to request a progress update. Alternatively, you could contact UK visas and immigration about your application using the following link: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

You can ask for your passport to be returned here: https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

The Home Office might be particularly busy during the holiday season and hence the delay. I have heard similar stories such as yours.

Good luck :)
Thanks!

I applied on the 7th and the lawyer gave them a call yesterday to ask what is going on. He was told to call on Friday if we don't hear back (which we didn't). I am getting really frustrated as I paid for a priority service for a reason (I want to go home for the holidays). It should be a clean cut case as I am just switching Tier 4 to Tier 2 (so less documents) and had a lawyer double check everything plus went to a high rated educational institution for postgrad and my pay/SOC are all within guidelines.

I am so worried right now that something is wrong. Hopefully it comes soon (who knows maybe the letter and documents arrive together like in your case). But I can't ask for my documents back as I won't be able to travel home without the visa regardless. :cry:

Tamara93
Newly Registered
Mood:
Slovenia

Post by Tamara93 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:55 am

Turns out my application got delayed because I did not have a NIN. Which I did not apply for simply cause as soon as I started working I started the visa process (which issues one automatically so made no sense to double apply). I even asked the lawyer who said it was fine. And now it's delaying my application (as if it takes years to create a number).

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:15 am

Tamara93 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:55 am
Turns out my application got delayed because I did not have a NIN. Which I did not apply for simply cause as soon as I started working I started the visa process (which issues one automatically so made no sense to double apply). I even asked the lawyer who said it was fine. And now it's delaying my application (as if it takes years to create a number).
How you've been working in the UK without NIN (National Insurance Number) ?
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Tamara93
Newly Registered
Mood:
Slovenia

Post by Tamara93 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:36 pm

makky86 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:15 am
How you've been working in the UK without NIN (National Insurance Number) ?
I actually don't need a NIN as I am from Serbia and we have a bilateral agreement with the UK so our national number is used for insurance purposes, but for some reason they still issue it with the Tier 2. It's quite odd. Actually I've been notified that my application and documents was sent back a week ago, and the no one received it (because my lawyer changed offices, and it was sent to the wrong one so it bounced back). I am just hoping the thing arrives on time for my flight, just not sure if my passport and visa would arrive together or just my passport. It's crazy, I can't believe these things happened :lol:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:31 pm

Tamara93 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:36 pm
I actually don't need a NIN as I am from Serbia and we have a bilateral agreement with the UK so our national number is used for insurance purposes, but for some reason they still issue it with the Tier 2. It's quite odd. Actually I've been notified that my application and documents was sent back a week ago, and the no one received it (because my lawyer changed offices, and it was sent to the wrong one so it bounced back). I am just hoping the thing arrives on time for my flight, just not sure if my passport and visa would arrive together or just my passport. It's crazy, I can't believe these things happened :lol:
You are mistaken. You cannot work without a NIN. Why do you believe it only has something to do with insurance?? Whoever is advising you seems confused.

NIN is required for income tax before you start working. Not 'insurance'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.