ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alex1990
Haiti

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by alex1990 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:20 pm

Ans wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:26 pm
THIS IS A joke they said we haven’t provide EEA national Passport or ID card copy I can’t believe I provide them and they saying I didn’t this is not right they just refuse without any reason telling me i didn’t provide copies I gave them I can’t miss important document.
Ans really i am so sorry to hear that!! Thats not normal really
Never give up ans

PETER09
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by PETER09 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:09 am

I applied from Madrid on 18-08-2017 and still have no news. I escalated it twice, and received the usual Not Straightforward emails. (In total 125 days today, total days without calculating working days)

I have read on this site that 2 or 3 that applied in Madrid between July and August got the Permit, and i feel sorry for ANS who published today that she got refused.

Anybody else from Madrid that can help with any news???

Regards and good luck to all

kmazyar
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by kmazyar » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:21 am

Dear Ans,

I'm so very sorry for your refusal, it sounds really not right. Do you have the right to appeal? I would take it to court, but waiting time for the appeal results may be even longer that to reapply. I've got my previous FP through appealing, but it took about 6 months to get appeal to court. I think if I will get a refusal after such a long wait, I would just fly without FP and applying for Residence Card from within the UK.
Rheeb1 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:07 pm
kmazyar wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:36 am
Ans, finally!

I check my email 10 times a day to see this kind of message.

I wish you luck and finally get your FP to reunite with your family!
My congrats for ans !
Kmazyar whene did you applied?
Rheeb1, I've applyed from Tel Aviv, Israel on 16/8/17.
After 3 escalations and a letter from the MP, no results. Very frustrating, never thought it will be like that.

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:45 pm

PETER09 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:09 am
I applied from Madrid on 18-08-2017 and still have no news. I escalated it twice, and received the usual Not Straightforward emails. (In total 125 days today, total days without calculating working days)

I have read on this site that 2 or 3 that applied in Madrid between July and August got the Permit, and i feel sorry for ANS who published today that she got refused.

I applied from Madrid too before you. 26-May-2017, 150 working days STILL WAITING.
Do not be afraid to take a big step , a precipice hopping is not passed.

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Merzit wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:45 pm
PETER09 wrote:

I applied from Madrid too before you. 26-May-2017, 150 working days STILL WAITING.
Hi merzit
Have you contacted a lawyer for your cause of the judiciary, I do not think there is a solution except the judiciary or just keep waiting and this stressful for me

Mughlii
Spain

Post by Mughlii » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:17 pm

PETER09 wrote:

i applied on 17 aug still pending

PETER09
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by PETER09 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:40 pm

Merzit wrote:
PETER09 wrote:

WOW, thats super long time.. Ive read on this forum some people that applied in Madrid in Aug and already got it... Merzit i wish u all the best luck and I would appreciate if you keep us posted, since i believe you should be having some news very soon!!

PETER09
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by PETER09 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:40 pm

Merzit wrote:
PETER09 wrote:

WOW, thats super long time.. Ive read on this forum some people that applied in Madrid in Aug and already got it... Merzit i wish u all the best luck and I would appreciate if you keep us posted, since i believe you should be having some news very soon!!

Alex0206
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Alex0206 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:36 am

Dear members of the forum,

I have been reading this forum since Sep 2017. I have applied on 12.09.2017 in Russia and still waiting.
However, Ans refusal (few posts up) made me really worried. My application form was filled in using my husband's ID card info. However, center staff refused to accept his ID card as it wasn't in A4 format and I had to give them a certified copy of my husband's passport. I'm seriously worried because supporting documents (his passport info) and info in the filled-in form don't match. Now I'm planning to send to Sheffield a certified copy of his ID card. Please anybody, could you tell me how can I send it to Sheffield ! I'm so lost.

All the best

Ans
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Ans » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:33 am

ALL I can say is my application was totally ignored for about 7 months then straightaway got refusal when I escalate the case this is so bad because on refusal my name was wrong rufusal wording led me to think is (look like they just copy and & paste without assessing my case they can’t refuse like this if that was a sonario they could have refuse on first stage when they send me email stating your file is being prepared and check for consideration then next email stating your file and documents has been check now is ready for a decision and then is rufused got (not strayfarward email in May ) and refusal in December this is totally joke

Ola2
Nigeria

Post by Ola2 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:13 pm

hi guys, it seems that UK have started to process visa quicker as usual, 15 working days for Non-settlement Visas, but am not very sure if they do the same with EU Family permits, which in my opinion and by law should be processed on the basis of accelerated procedure.

Any ideas guys?

hasan123
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by hasan123 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:21 pm

I got sms today from Dhaka VFS to collect my passport as it is ready for collection.
:Applied in sept 10 from Dhaka VFS,
:Got not straight forward mail on 29 sept.
:My wife called to sheffield on 7th December to know the reason for late. They just informed we will get a mail within 29 dec.But did not get any yet.
:Did not get any other mail without not straight forward one.
:Took 76 working days.
PRAY FOR ME .

hasan123
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by hasan123 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:03 am

Alhamdulillah.. Got my FP today after 76 working days.
Just keep faith on Almighty.. you will have it must

dany6695
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by dany6695 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:54 am

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my story:
Applied first time in Lisbon on 10th November, got a refusal after 13 working days on 29th of November because some documents were missing (there was a confusion with the officer of our visa centre. The application was processed in Croydon.
Applied second time in Madrid on the 5th December since there were no appointments available in Lisbon until 2 weeks time... received an email yesterday, on 27th, about the decision made and today they shipped my passport and docs back to me.
I’ve been reading this topic when I applied for the second time and was terrified when reading about people that are waiting for so many days for their visa and I don’t understand what’s the reason behind it. My second application was processed in 14 working days, even being sent from Madrid where everything happens so slow. I hope you all get your permits soon. Check your documents a million times before you send them.

Paschal
Nigeria

Post by Paschal » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:09 pm

Hello guys,

I got this email this morning.

Thank you for your enquiry

As we have previously advised the processing of your application has not been straightforward, we continue to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.

This may mean that we hold the application for longer than normal, but in some cases it is essential that we do so. Our published guidance states that additional checks may be carried out in certain cases and as soon as we have completed our checks we will notify the applicant of the outcome of the application.

We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made.

We apologise for this delay to your application.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
ed
UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

This is really frostrating

As an Italian citizen can I ask my wifes passport back to be able to apply from Italy? At list am sure that will not take long and I can be visiting her in Italy instead of traveling to nigeria.

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:04 pm

hasan123 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:03 am
My congrats

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:27 pm

Paschal wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:09 pm
Hello guys,

As we have previously advised the processing of your application has not been straightforward, we continue to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.

This may mean that we hold the application for longer than normal, but in some cases it is essential that we do so. Our published guidance states that additional checks may be carried out in certain cases and as soon as we have completed our checks we will notify the applicant of the outcome of the application.

Kind Regards
ed
www.GOV.UK

As an Italian citizen can I ask my wifes passport back to be able to apply from Italy? At list am sure that will not take long and I can be visiting her in Italy instead of traveling to nigeria.
after very long waiting i got the same mail 2 weeks ago
135 working days and still waiting

hasan123
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by hasan123 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:05 pm

alex1990 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:04 pm
hasan123 wrote:
My congrats
Thanks buddy.. keep patience .. u will have it too.

Ola2
Nigeria

Post by Ola2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Paschal wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:09 pm
Hello guys,

Kind Regards
ed
www.GOV.UK

Hey Paschal, did your wife apply from Lagos or Abuja? and when did she apply. I thought they have started speeding things up now.

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:36 pm

hasan123 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:05 pm
alex1990 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:04 pm
hasan123 wrote:
My congrats
Thanks buddy.. keep patience .. u will have it too.
Inshallah

Paschal
Nigeria

Post by Paschal » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:45 pm

My wife applied from Lagos Ikeja..

Ola2
Nigeria

Post by Ola2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:39 pm

Paschal wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:45 pm
My wife applied from Lagos Ikeja..
when did she apply, how long now, if you dont mind me asking.

Paschal
Nigeria

Post by Paschal » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:43 pm

We submitted the application on the 28 July 2017 with all the necessary documentation required.

Ola2
Nigeria

Post by Ola2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Paschal wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:43 pm
We submitted the application on the 28 July 2017 with all the necessary documentation required.
try and contact your MP, i did same and the MP called them few times and the hurried them up, although they refused the visa due to not submitting my bank statement. by my wife has since reapplied over a month ago, still waiting. the first application was on the 6th of July. she applied in Abuja. their processing time has been reduced for applications processed in November.

I do not know if Dokie, another guy on this forum whose wife applied also from Nigeria has received a decision yet.
Last edited by Ola2 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paschal
Nigeria

Post by Paschal » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:07 pm

My MP said I should contact him after 6 months if the Home Office do not make a decision.

So am really worried and thinking about asking to get back my wife’s passport in other to apply for her to come to Italy.