ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrender Indian passport in India/Visiting visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

middletier 1

Surrender Indian passport in India/Visiting visa

Post by middletier 1 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Hi,

my daughter got her British passport and currently we are in India and I am going to UK to collect her British passport and citizenship registration certificate and comeback to India and surrender her Indian passport in India at Indian passport office and then apply for OCI in India as well.
My question is once my daughter surrender her Indian passport does she need any visitor visa to stay in India until she get her OCI or nothing is required.

Please clarify me

Thanks

middletier 1

Re: Surrender Indian passport in India/Visiting visa

Post by middletier 1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:06 am

Hi forum members and seniors,
Please reply to my queries
Thanks

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:45 am

How about doing this OCI and Surrender in UK once you return back here with daughter?
If it is within the grace period of using Indian Passport, use that to return to UK as per the law.
What was the status of daughter when she went to India from UK? UK Citizen or Indian citizen? What document you used to enter India?
How long do you intend to stay in India?

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:04 am

http://nriinformation.com/articles3/oci_india.htm

This is procedure for getting OCI card in India.

FRRO office in India can tell how one can apply for Indian visa in India if one is applying for Surrender certificate?

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:11 am

Hi takdeerwala,

thanks for the valuable replies.

when she back from UK she is Indian citizen only and she is going to stay in india for another 3-6 months. Thus I am thinking to go UK alone myself and collect her British passport and certificate and return india. Then here in india surrender her Indian passport and OCI.

but I am getting her UK passport on my own without her presence in UK is there any issue?

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:46 am

British Passport and citizenship certificate is already obtained, lying there at home or there is a process to obtain it? I am not sure whether one can do it when the candidate is not in the country. Admin can answer this question.
If there is any ceremony, you can check with the British Embassy / Consulate in India whether they can allow you to do it in india although chances are slim for that.
Ideal situation will be to bring daughter also to UK for sometime, get citizenship certificate, British passport, get surrender certificate (8-9 days), get e-visa to India and then apply for OCI card in india.
Getting visa and surrender in India will create a huge delay-already OCI takes 3 months when applied in India.

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:26 pm

Both passport and certificate to be collected and I am thinking to go on my own get both and do everything in India if it is in the grace period.

Please seniors advise me