ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nirobsagar7
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Post by nirobsagar7 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Congratulations
Faysal wish you a very cheerful life.Just wondering on online checking ,have you checked your application status and how it works?Is online HO updated same day or not?

kingfaysal
BANNED

Post by kingfaysal » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:52 pm

nirobsagar7 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:23 pm
Congratulations
Faysal wish you a very cheerful life.Just wondering on online checking ,have you checked your application status and how it works?Is online HO updated same day or not?
Hi,

Thank you, I have checked the status around 6 pm on Friday and it was saying "Awaiting decision" but next day when I have received the parcel it has changed to "Decided". However, my FLR FP status is still "Awaiting decision" hence I haven't received my application fee and iHS fee refunded.

Hope it will cover your question.

Thanks
Faysal

nirobsagar7
Newly Registered
India

Post by nirobsagar7 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:17 pm

Excellent King and mr Faysal!!Many tanks!

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:31 pm

livelife2017 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:17 pm
PEO Croydon: FLR FP to SET LR (applied within 28 days)
Applied: 03 Oct 2017
Outcome: 18 November 2017
Decision: Refused

Need help friends what is next option to take.
What was the reason of refusal ?

Newly Registered

Post by 43817375 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:14 pm

Hello Guys, posting my case here in case somebody else is facing the same difficulty.

Application type - ILR application based on Tier 1 general 5 year stay
Applied at - PEO Glasgow
Status - Application on hold for further checks
Employement - Contracting through limited company

I submitted my application on 20th Nov at glasgow peo office (as no appointment was available anywhere else), used an approved agent who came along verified all my docs etc. The CW then came out gave me a standard further checks required letter and mentioned the earnings I stated in my last Tier 1 general renewal are not matching with HMRC database. He also suggested i have not paid or avoided tax and that i have stated incorrect informaton etc. So while i was still recovering from the shock, i was trying to make sense of what he is saying. He later quoted a number which he could see in the HMRC systems which made things clear.

So here is what I think happened, as a contractor I draw a standard salary + dividends which are accounted for my yearly 40k salary. But what he could see in the system is only my salary not my dividends and as dividends upto a mark are not taxable they were probably not poping up in his access or something. So i asked if i can submit my tax returns for the past 5 years, with sections where dividends are highlighted, but he won't accept it resulting in application put on hold.

Obviously this is a massive inconvenience i had to change my christmas plans and lost loads of money in the same. But bigger issue is what next, its been two weeks and I don't know where to call or what to do. Any suggestions will be more than welcome, thanks in advance.

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:33 am

Application type - ILR after completing 6 Years on DL [ was failed asylum]

Letter recived from the case worker
Your application is valid but there are some further enquiries that need to be made on your case and as such your application has been passed To team where these enquiries can be made.In light of this we are retaining all of the other documents submitted with your original application will be held until a final decision is made.
Rest of the letter is just infotmation like dont contact us for progress etc

Please senior please shed some light

One thing i forget the lady who hand over above letter told me that your 6 years r complete but we wud like further enquiry about ur wife and not to penalise her etc

I cud not understand this if that was the case should not they grant me and put my wife case on hold for further check
Please any one shed some lights and how long they can take to decide
MKHARI

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:44 am

mkhari wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:33 am
Application type - ILR after completing 6 Years on DL [ was failed asylum]

Letter recived from the case worker
Your application is valid but there are some further enquiries that need to be made on your case and as such your application has been passed To team where these enquiries can be made.In light of this we are retaining all of the other documents submitted with your original application will be held until a final decision is made.
Rest of the letter is just infotmation like dont contact us for progress etc

Please senior please shed some light

One thing i forget the lady who hand over above letter told me that your 6 years r complete but we wud like further enquiry about ur wife and not to penalise her etc

I cud not understand this if that was the case should not they grant me and put my wife case on hold for further check
Please any one shed some lights and how long they can take to decide
Please continue your questions in your other topic(s) you are posting in, to avoid this one again becoming a duplicate of what you already have in your other topic(s). Most members in this topic will not have knowledge of DLR route applications.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/are-we-reall ... 77-20.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anna1986
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by anna1986 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Dear members of this forum,

First of all, good day and thank you for all the information - so very helpful.
I have been an observer up until this point but thought I'd post my situation as I can't seem to find answers to my question. In short,

I have applied for ILR using PEO at Croydon on 2nd of November 2017. After a few hours waiting I got a dreading letter of 'further enquiries'. My solicitor and I were both surprised as my case is supposed to be straightforward and 'clean'. I have been employed for the same grade A sponsor (multinational advertising agency, part of huge group). This September I have been promoted to a position of Client Director and my salary rose to £44,000 (from £34,000) annually. No criminal history, supplied all P60s, SMS system updated, MSc degree from the UK university. Two of my colleagues and friends applied 1 week later from the same agency and got an approval on a day - absolutely the same list of documents BUT they didn't get such a promotion as I did.

Last Monday (so 4 weeks since application) my company was visited by HO - according to the officer that visited, this had nothing to do with my application and was just one of the checks they have to do for the sponsors. I was interviewed, and so was one of my colleagues. We gave all information about the company, all requested files, job descriptions, pay slips - you name it. My employer explained that due to my promotion, I had a significant pay rise as this is in line with our wage brackets and that I have really deserved it. I gave my full immigration history and examples of my daily work with a focus on my promotion and how my duties have changed since. She seemed v happy, and yesterday our HR received an email stating we passed this test successfully (but that the formal report will follow within the next few months).

Question 1 - given the good news that the compliance check has been passed and we maintained A grade as a sponsor, does it mean my ILR is soon to be approved as well?

Question 2 - I cannot view the status of my application online and HO doesn't reply any letters (even our CFO wrote a formal letter stating that I have to travel to meet clients and we loose revenue because of my inability to do so). I know the name of my officer and can write her an email - do you think it's worth doing it? In 'further enquiries' letter it stated that we shouldn't try contacting them... super annoying!!!

Thank you in advance!

raghu1043
Newly Registered

Post by raghu1043 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi ,
Attended peo appointment in Sheffield today morning.
Unfortunately they gave a letter saying application intact but require further checks and decision can’t be given today .
They said it will take few weeks for further checks . They didn’t mention what’s checks in specific ?did any one faced same situation and any experiences on this please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:48 pm

raghu1043 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:43 pm
Hi ,
Unfortunately they gave a letter saying application intact but require further checks and decision can’t be given today .
They said it will take few weeks for further checks . They didn’t mention what’s checks in specific ?did any one faced same situation and any experiences on this please?
Likely to check there were no sudden salary increases to meet the ILR requirement, genuine job/role, sponsor complied with all their obligations including SMS reporting etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raghu1043
Newly Registered

Post by raghu1043 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:32 pm

Thanks cr001 for throwing some light.
To be honest yes there was a salary increase recently but only 3k. Which I believe my hr didn’t update sms.
Other than that everything is genuine.
Can you please suggest what would be their next step based on your experience in forum postings

Will they make a visit for audit?
Any chance of refusals for not updating sms?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:15 pm

raghu1043 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:32 pm
Thanks cr001 for throwing some light.
To be honest yes there was a salary increase recently but only 3k. Which I believe my hr didn’t update sms.
Other than that everything is genuine.
Can you please suggest what would be their next step based on your experience in forum postings

Will they make a visit for audit?
Any chance of refusals for not updating sms?
Did all employees get an increase or only you?

If it was not of the company's annual salary review and only you got it with no increase in responsibilities etc, then it should have been reported on the SMS system. If your increases was very recent only to meet the ILR requirement, this would have flagged instantly to HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

raghu1043
Newly Registered

Post by raghu1043 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi cr001,
It’s an annual pay rise based on performance , the same happened last year at the same time.
So how can we convince home office and overcome this obstacle.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:33 pm

raghu1043 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:31 pm
Hi cr001,
It’s an annual pay rise based on performance , the same happened last year at the same time.

Thanks
Then you should not worry and just wait patiently. Nothing you or your sponsor can do unless HO specifically asks for documents etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

05balol
Newly Registered

Post by 05balol » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:05 am

Hi all, I've been an observer for some time and have just received my ILR so I thought I would post my experience in case anyone is facing the same worries I did.

I entered the UK September 2007 on a Tier 4 Student Visa at 13 years old and have been on that for the past 10 years. So I applied for SET LR on the basis of 10 year Long Residence. I had all the documents needed except for my first passport that I used to enter the UK (it was stolen). I was very worried about this but I had a police report confirming that the passport had been stolen and I was assured by my solicitor that this would be sufficient.

Other documents I added to be thorough:
- cover letter from myself explaining missing passport
- letters from schools and universities confirming attendance
- university degrees
- guardian letter and copy of passport (has to be UK resident)
- doctors letters, national insurance, drivers license, etc

I applied in person at PEO Croydon on 5th of October and was given the 'further enquiries' letter due to my missing passport because they had to make sure I was not over the days out limit . After over 2 months of painful waiting I received my ILR on the 14th of December with my passport and other documents coming the day after!

Wishing everyone luck!!!

iforilr
inactive
India

Post by iforilr » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:03 pm

raghu1043 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:31 pm
Hi cr001,

Thanks
Hi raghu1043,

Hope your ILR result would be positive.
I am in the similar situation, going for a PEO appointment next week.

I too got an annual increase of 2k in August (4 months ago) which was updated in SMS in October by HR.

Questions are:
1) Can you please let me know how many days/months before ILR did you get your payrise?

2) Did your payrise helped you to go above the £35,000 threshold?

Please let me know as I am on the same boat as you and it would be a huge help for me.

Thanks

raghu1043
Newly Registered

Post by raghu1043 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:56 am

Hi ifilr,

I got pay rise in Oct-nov and I went to visa in December .
My previous pay before Oct is at 35k.

romrom_86
Newly Registered

Post by romrom_86 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:16 pm

raghu1043 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:43 pm
Hi ,
Hi Raqghu
We are in the same boat. I applied at Croydon in person on 13th Dec 2017, and was given the same letter and they just said they need to do further checks, and they did not say what sort of checks they want to do.
I was shocked when faced this, as I was expecting the same day decision.
They said once the decision is made they will call me and will ask me and will ask if I want my documents picked up or delivered to my address.
I have not yet heard of them as yet, and I don't know how Christmas and new year holidays can affect the delivery time.
I also tried to call them number given on the website and choosing option3 , and then option 2, and then option 1, and they do not even get satisfied to check my status in the system and update me with the status.

After reading some of the posts here from different people, I think if your case is straightforward, they would contact you after about 2 weeks. However, I hope this is not going to take longer.
Please share if you have any other updates, as it will help me and others as well.
Thanks

raghu1043
Newly Registered

Post by raghu1043 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi romrom_86,
Will update you for sure.
when they handed me that letter,I asked them if they want any more documents, as I carried additional documents like historical p60’s and payslips.
But she said no more documents required from your side, but we need to carry some additional checks from our side.
I assume they will visit company to make further checks.

Newly Registered

Post by 43817375 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:06 pm

43817375 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:14 pm
Hello Guys, posting my case here in case somebody else is facing the same difficulty.

Application type - ILR application based on Tier 1 general 5 year stay
Applied at - PEO Glasgow
Status - Application on hold for further checks
Employement - Contracting through limited company

I submitted my application on 20th Nov at glasgow peo office (as no appointment was available anywhere else), used an approved agent who came along verified all my docs etc. The CW then came out gave me a standard further checks required letter and mentioned the earnings I stated in my last Tier 1 general renewal are not matching with HMRC database. He also suggested i have not paid or avoided tax and that i have stated incorrect informaton etc. So while i was still recovering from the shock, i was trying to make sense of what he is saying. He later quoted a number which he could see in the HMRC systems which made things clear.

So here is what I think happened, as a contractor I draw a standard salary + dividends which are accounted for my yearly 40k salary. But what he could see in the system is only my salary not my dividends and as dividends upto a mark are not taxable they were probably not poping up in his access or something. So i asked if i can submit my tax returns for the past 5 years, with sections where dividends are highlighted, but he won't accept it resulting in application put on hold.

Obviously this is a massive inconvenience i had to change my christmas plans and lost loads of money in the same. But bigger issue is what next, its been two weeks and I don't know where to call or what to do. Any suggestions will be more than welcome, thanks in advance.

Guys need an urgent help please!.. so my case is summarised above which i posted in Nov. I have not recieved any response yet from Home Office and now my child's visa is expiring on 10th Jan. Issue is, i initially thought i will get ILR and my child can then automatically apply for residence bieng a child born in uk of ILR parent. But now my ILR has not come and i am in panic as not sure what to do. I am thinking of booking a peo appointent for my child for her visa extension (FLR (M) ??) which i am sure will go on hold but atleast she will not be a "over stayer" .. Any suggestions welcome.. thanks for all your help.

anna1986
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by anna1986 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:17 am

gmr84 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:25 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:54 pm
gmr84 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:44 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:30 pm

How long before applying for ILR did you receive an increase?

What was your salary before getting this increase?

How many other employees also got increases at or around the same time?
Thanks for your response.
The pay rise took effect from January. My pay rose from £27k.

I'm the only person in the company who does my role, and it was re-evaluated, as it's expanded and become more specialised over the last seven years I've worked in it.
Unfortunately, a £8,000pa increase is an instant red flag to HO, especially if you are the only one in the company to get such a substantial pay rise. There are many Tier 2 G ILR applicants who had substantial increases shortly before applying for ILR, so HO is very aware of this and investigating the issue/sponsor/details.

All you can do now is wait for the outcome of your application.
Hi - thanks again for your response.

I do fully understand why it will have flagged up. I had just been hopeful the decision would be forthcoming after the compliance check, as it appears from several other users' experiences that the compliance check and sponsor investigation seems to be how HO investigates these concerns? I was curious if anyone else has experience this further wait.
Hi gmr84,

I'm in the same boat as you - have you got any updates? Did you get your ILR approved? Trying to understand timelines after compliance visit...

Thanks

samia123
Mood:
India

Post by samia123 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:42 am

Hi gmr84,

I'm in the same boat as you - have you got any updates? Did you get your ILR approved? Trying to understand timelines after compliance visit...

Thanks
[/quote]

Hi Anna, did you get any updates since? mine is still nothing :cry:

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:00 pm

Applied Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extention at end of Sep 2017, varied to SET(LR) on 4th of January 2018 at Cardiff PEO.
Appointment at 9:00
Fingers prints. 9:20
9:30 CW called me & gave a letter that we can’t decide now, we need further checks.

anna1986
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by anna1986 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:55 am

samia123 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:42 am
Hi gmr84,

Thanks
Hi Anna, did you get any updates since? mine is still nothing :cry:
[/quote]

Hey Samia,

Still nothing for me too! :evil:

Cheers

toby_o
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toby_o » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:17 pm

Applied for ILR on 13th of DEcember 2017 at croydon PEO.
Appointment at 13:00
CW called me in & gave a letter that we can’t decide now, we need further checks at 5pm.
I was told i would get a call within 2 weeks, no news yet

same boat