ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Nationals who have PR does it mean exercising treaty rights even if not working?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hunpak
Member of Standing

EU Nationals who have PR does it mean exercising treaty rights even if not working?

Post by hunpak » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi,

if an EU national has a PR and not working does that mean they are exercising their treaty rights?

we need to make an EEA (FM) application however due to looking after my toddler son i am not able to work but i would like to call my noneea mother in law over to uk.

Thanks
Next Mission
Get my MOM EEA Resident Document

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: EU Nationals who have PR does it mean exercising treaty rights even if not working?

Post by dan1988uk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:01 pm

People holding PR are not subject to immigration controls so it does not matter if they work or not.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Re: EU Nationals who have PR does it mean exercising treaty rights even if not working?

Post by hunpak » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:12 pm

dan1988uk wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:01 pm
People holding PR are not subject to immigration controls so it does not matter if they work or not.
Thanks :) could you please point me to some link where this mentions so i can put this as a reference in my application?
Next Mission
Get my MOM EEA Resident Document

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:55 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -03-17.pdf

Section 10 of the EEA (FM) application form "Sponsor has permanent residence"