ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sinspider
Newly Registered

Re: my application details

Post by sinspider » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:20 am

Hi Rajiv,
Where did you do your degree from? If it is from UK or any other English speaking country and you have submitted your original degree, then there is nothing to worry.
Self Assessment is good enough.
rajiv502 wrote:Hi all,

I am sending my application details

Date Applied :19th march
Reached Home office : 20th march
Credit card charged: 25th March
Reference Number received :28th March ( PB3001....)
Decision : Awaited

I haven't sent any proof of my English qualification, with the assumption that it was validated by the self assessment tool.
Please let me know if that is fine. I am worried now as everyone seems to be taking IELTS, etc.

Thanks and best of luck,
Rajiv

ayleee
Newly Registered

Re: Hi Aylee

Post by ayleee » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:27 am

Hello nibbs08

Definately submit your CU certificate as your Ielts is 6 years old.
dont give the case worker a weak point in your case.
i had a english language certificate from my university back home from where i did my bachelors , but i spent £100 to give Ielts In January 2008 , just so that there is no delay or error made by that incompetent case worker for confirming if my bachelors degree was taught in english or not.

remember keep this in mind ..... the case worker is an idiot and doest have common sense , spoon feed him your case.

make sure your covering letter is very detailed and has all the information that you want him to know. cause thats the first thing they read before even seeing any thing.

any other questions do ask
Regards
Ayleee
nibbs08 wrote:Congrats on getting thru Tier 1
Can I ask for suggestion plse,I am submitting the documents in few days,My Calcutta University certificate is thre for english language requirement.I also have IELTS 7.5- though done 6 years ago.
Do u think I should submitt the iELTS & CU certificate togather .

Thanks

Nibbs08

nibbs08

Post by nibbs08 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:28 am

thanks for ur message
Sinspider,I calcutta degree is approved by self assessment tool as well

cheers

nibbs08

nibbs08

Post by nibbs08 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:31 am

Thanks Aylee,I am submitting the english medium certificate (got from my institution)along with the Calcutta uni certificate

Thanks for reply

nibbs08

abhishekagrawal79

Re: UK Tier 1 - Applying From India

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:26 am

Hi Urgent,

Thanks a lot for the help. Really appreciate your help. I belive what I'll do that I will show my UK account with required balance and also show my indian accounts just to be on a safer side. What you think.

Thanks again,
Abhishek

irf_bar

hi guys

Post by irf_bar » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:08 am

Urgent: thanx a lot for adding me in the list.

by going through this tier1 post i have a question. if any body can answer this for me plz...

I have finished my M.sc in UK, still waiting for my convocation i.e i don't have my original degree certificate. But i submitted my application with university letter stating clearly that i have been awarded the M.Sc degree, and for safety side i have ask my HOD to give me the personal letter stating the same reason, original transcript. As im claiming education point on my M.Sc basis.

So what i really like to have suggestion of you guys that this document is enough for me or do i need any other kind of letter from my uni.....

Regards.
irf

urgent

Re: hi guys

Post by urgent » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:34 am

I think that is enough provided they are on the good quality paper( i mean on the university letter head ..properly signed...if possible with university seal ) + your marks transcript.

irf_bar wrote:Urgent: thanx a lot for adding me in the list.

by going through this tier1 post i have a question. if any body can answer this for me plz...

I have finished my M.sc in UK, still waiting for my convocation i.e i don't have my original degree certificate. But i submitted my application with university letter stating clearly that i have been awarded the M.Sc degree, and for safety side i have ask my HOD to give me the personal letter stating the same reason, original transcript. As im claiming education point on my M.Sc basis.

So what i really like to have suggestion of you guys that this document is enough for me or do i need any other kind of letter from my uni.....

Regards.
irf
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

Gob00st

new progress update from HO-Possible backlog of Tier 1

Post by Gob00st » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:36 am

I've phoned HO twice this morning for faxing my IELTS result, and progress checking ofc.

One rejected my query saying that they can't not provide any progress information just like Alyeee mentioned, another however kindly told me that my case is in the system but haven't been assigned to a case worker yet.

Since my application fee was debited in 20th March, so for those who's money being debited around or after 20th of March, it possible that your case may still hanging there without a caseworker if the caseworker was telling me the truth.

And I reckon there were backlog of Tier 1 application around the mid of March.

Regards,
Gob00st

irf_bar

Re: hi guys

Post by irf_bar » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:37 am

Yes mate i did that ( with uni.. letter head and seal, date of letter etc..)

thanx urgent for advice.

Regrads.
irf.

urgent

Re: new progress update from HO-Possible backlog of Tier 1

Post by urgent » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:48 am

GobOOst,

I guess he was lying.If you see aylee his application was approved on 19th March (ofcourse stamping was pending ) that means 2 weeks is over after his application is approved, and for sinspider the application was rejected.

If u see the starting date( that is when the applicant was charged ) there is 2 days difference for u and sinspider and 7 days difference between you and aylee..that means your application would have processed by this time and result they are not telling.

Just wait for few days...Anyway all the best for ur application and for all.

Thanks for posting the forum with your update.

Gob00st wrote:I've phoned HO twice this morning for faxing my IELTS result, and progress checking ofc.

One rejected my query saying that they can't not provide any progress information just like Alyeee mentioned, another however kindly told me that my case is in the system but haven't been assigned to a case worker yet.

Since my application fee was debited in 20th March, so for those who's money being debited around or after 20th of March, it possible that your case may still hanging there without a caseworker if the caseworker was telling me the truth.

Regards,
Gob00st
indian,

irf_bar

Hi Gob00st

Post by irf_bar » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:48 am

Hi Gob00st,

Yes mate we are near to each other. That we recived the ref no.
On the same week. But im just wondering about HSMP...2007 i haven't here any think from him/her since strating of this thread.

About yours quiry on IELTS, i think if u better call to them at the end of this week or next week, so that you can able to contact the case worker rite on the time (In case if your case isn't hand over to case worker. As you knew that we can't trust HO call centre pupils).

Best of luck with yours application mate.

Reagrds,
IRf.
Last edited by irf_bar on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gob00st

Re: new progress update from HO-Possible backlog of Tier 1

Post by Gob00st » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi Urgent:
Thanks for comments and analysis. I think they were just trying to hang up on me as quickly as possible so they could probably say anything and they sounded really impatient when I told them I need to do a progress check.

Their possible answer so far:
1> They can't give any information for progress checking;
2> Under consideration;
3> Hasn't been assigned to a caseworker yet;
To be updated...

All the best for ur application as well and for all.
Gob00st

urgent wrote:GobOOst,

I guess he was lying.If you see aylee his application was approved on 19th March (ofcourse stamping was pending ) that means 2 weeks is over after his application is approved, and for sinspider the application was rejected.

If u see the starting date( that is when the applicant was charged ) there is 2 days difference for u and sinspider and 7 days difference between you and aylee..that means your application would have processed by this time and result they are not telling.

Just wait for few days...Anyway all the best for ur application and for all.

Thanks for posting the forum with your update.

Gob00st wrote:I've phoned HO twice this morning for faxing my IELTS result, and progress checking ofc.

Regards,
Gob00st

Gob00st

Re: Hi Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi Irf:
Yes, it seems hsmpaspirant2007 has vanished after his initial post here.
And Irf_bar, could you please also call HO and try a progress checking ?

BTW I have already faxed my IELTS result alone with a covering letter to HO with the number they provided.

Regards
Gob00st
irf_bar wrote:Hi Gob00st,

On the same week. But im just wondering about HSMP...2007 i haven't here any think from him/here since strating of this thread.

About yours quiry on IELTS, i think if u better call to them at the end of this week or next week, so that you can able to contact the case worker rite on the time (In case if your case isn't hand over to case worker. As you knew that we can't trust HO call centre pupils).

Reagrds,
IRf.

irf_bar

Post by irf_bar » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:54 pm

Hi Gob00st,

i will try 2 ring them on Monday early morning.
i hope they sum news for me......

Regards,
Irf.
Gob00st wrote:Hi Irf:

BTW I have already faxed my IELTS result alone with a covering letter to HO with the number they provided.

Regards
Gob00st

On the same week. But im just wondering about HSMP...2007 i haven't here any think from him/here since strating of this thread.

Reagrds,
IRf.

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:04 pm

Hi....I have not disappeared....just got a bit busy with work....i have not heard anything abt my application yet....waiting for the result like all of you....lets update each other....thanks

Regards,
Irf.

Regards
Gob00st

Reagrds,
IRf.

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:10 pm

Hi hsmpaspirant2007:

Nice you see you posting here again and GL with you busy working schedule.
But could you please also call HO and try a progress checking see if you can find out if you case has been assigned to a caseworker yet?

I've done that and irf_bar will probably do it next Monday.

Regards,
Gob00st

hsmpaspirant2007 wrote:Hi....I have not disappeared....just got a bit busy with work....i have not heard anything abt my application yet....waiting for the result like all of you....lets update each other....thanks

Regards,
Irf.

Regards
Gob00st

Reagrds,
IRf.

urgent

Ashraya and asiar08, You are in the list now

Post by urgent » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:20 pm

Dear ashraya and asiar08,

What about your application. As per my understanding you are in the list now. You should be getting it any time, who knows you may be getting it today/tomorrow.

Please update the forum with your status once you receive your application.
indian,

irf_bar

Hi guys,

Post by irf_bar » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:01 pm

As per the discription from Aylee, his/ her income is from UK.

just i copied the reply from Aylee which is as follows:

now this is the question which was bugging me when i was applying, since my claim period was april 2007 - march 2008 and all my earnings were from the UK i did not have a tax return (P60) as it is generated at april end , so i sent all my payslips which had my gross and net salary written on it and my 12 months bank statement, i did not bother to highlight the net pay in the payslip and then in the bank statement as i did not want to tamper or infact give them any excuse that i have marked some thign on it.

So thats why i think he got his application clear first.

I think it is bit easier for case worker to get the info from Uk itself, instead like mine (i shown my earings international level). So it seems that they are facing difficulties to contact international level.

what do you guys think about my opnion?

regards,
Irf.

Gob00st

Re: Hi guys,

Post by Gob00st » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:51 pm

Hi irf_bar :
I am not sure about that, but according to sinspider, they would never bother to try to call a International place (The Swedish University in sinspider's case ) to verify something. They would probably reject that if they have any doubts about it.

So we just wait for a couple of days /weeks as long as they are still considering it, what else could we applicants do?

Anyway with all the best for your case and to all.
Gob00st

irf_bar wrote:As per the discription from Aylee, his/ her income is from UK.

now this is the question which was bugging me when i was applying, since my claim period was april 2007 - march 2008 and all my earnings were from the UK i did not have a tax return (P60) as it is generated at april end , so i sent all my payslips which had my gross and net salary written on it and my 12 months bank statement, i did not bother to highlight the net pay in the payslip and then in the bank statement as i did not want to tamper or infact give them any excuse that i have marked some thign on it.

I think it is bit easier for case worker to get the info from Uk itself, instead like mine (i shown my earings international level). So it seems that they are facing difficulties to contact international level.

regards,
Irf.

ayleee
Newly Registered

Post by ayleee » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:04 pm

Hello Irf_bar

No it is nothing like that, 7 days and application approved this shocked me as well , i called my employer's and asked them if they got call from home office to confirm any thing for me.the answer was no , no confirmation calls.

the reason being because the bank statements and the payslips are two different sources (any where in the world ) and they can see the net payment credited into the bank and then they can see the payslips showing that amount being paid and all my slips have the date when the payment will be credited in to the bank .........

so it just makes it easier ........ if one has a P60(Tax Return) in addition to this .it just makes it even more stronger case.

hope this helps.
any other qs please ask.
Regards
Ayleee.

regards,
Irf.
:P

irf_bar

Post by irf_bar » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:17 pm

Thanks alyee,

It makes me more clear of how does HO works.

Regards.
irf.
ayleee wrote:Hello Irf_bar

No it is nothing like that, 7 days and application approved this shocked me as well , i called my employer's and asked them if they got call from home office to confirm any thing for me.the answer was no , no confirmation calls.

the reason being because the bank statements and the payslips are two different sources (any where in the world ) and they can see the net payment credited into the bank and then they can see the payslips showing that amount being paid and all my slips have the date when the payment will be credited in to the bank .........

so it just makes it easier ........ if one has a P60(Tax Return) in addition to this .it just makes it even more stronger case.

hope this helps.
any other qs please ask.
Regards
Ayleee.

regards,
Irf.
:P

ayleee
Newly Registered

Post by ayleee » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:39 pm

i just thought i should share this info with you all ......

how the case is filed in the home office and when does the case worker see it and what docs are seen at the EC stage.

Each application with evidence is received and scanned page by page by a processor, within a different building than those who are actually reviewing the applications. This building serves as a storage location, as well as an archive. They keep the recorded paper copies on file and keep the images in an internal govt. database. Then they remove the application's 1st page, and then fees are taken. Fees are actually taken 1st. Then each page is scanned. The only reference number at this point is the processing fee. They claim that are too many pages for them to scan into the database as there is a limited memory, and they've reached their limit. So after a certain while, they can no longer process applications and must stop. But they continue to process payments.

Then when they approve or reject a certain amount to free up memory on their database they delete these images and notes from their database and continue the process. At this point, documents are assigned to caseworkers in a batch of 50 per caseworker. The number of caseworkers are unknown and they assign reference numbers many weeks in advance of ever reviewing your document. Once they review it, they may send it to a verification department for confirmation of the references and company details, also for a confirmation of birth certificate records with whichever government body has issued the document. Such as the registry of vital statistics in the states. At that point, perhaps 6-10 weeks have passed ( and then they return your documents by airmail which may take another 2 weeks to arrive depending on delivery.

Also the scanned images are sent to respective high commission. Which means when u apply for EC they know what docs u had provided for HSMP. So if u change any one or leave any doc at EC ur EC is rejected. Then comes the verification, if u have not applied from UK, verification is hardly done at HSMp level but at EC level. Therefore, u get ur decision with in a time frame of five weeks.

hope this clears a lot of confusion.
i knew about this and this is how HO works, but these arent my words i copied it from another forum for your knowledge.

if you know any thing more or different .. please add
Regards
Ayleee.

asiar08
Newly Registered

Tier -1---LTR

Post by asiar08 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:09 pm

Hi,

Today, I called to HO and they informed me that my application has not been assigned yet to case worker. I don't know what happening over there??

Date Applied : 11 March
Reached Home office : 12th march
Credit card charged: 13th March
Reference Number : PB299***
Decision : Awaite

Thanks
Asia08

abhishekagrawal79

Re: Ashraya and asiar08, You are in the list now

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi Urgent,

Just thought of reminding you about the cover letter for Maintenance Funds.

Thanks,
Abhishek

abhishekagrawal79

Re: UK Tier 1 - Applying From India

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:02 pm

Hi Urgent,

I have one query. I am applying from within UK. But I am showing my earnings from india, as I have just came to UK. Now about the maintenance funds, I am planning ( after reading your information) that I'll show one letter from bank ( from india) of having enough funds for last 3 months and a letter and statement from HSBC UK for present funds ( more than 800 GBP. Will this complicate the case. Or is it fine ???

Please advice.

Thanks
Abhishek
urgent wrote:Hi jedi001,

Please see the message which I copied from the BIA webiste:
====
This page explains what proof of maintenance you must provide to support your application to Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker under the points-based system to work, train or study in the United Kingdom.

Normally, when applying from within the United Kingdom, you will have to show that you have enough funds, by sending documentation showing you have had savings of at least £800 for at least three months before applying.

Because this is a new requirement and it may be difficult to prove this immediately, we have put transitional arrangements in place for applicants and their family members submitting their applications within the United Kingdom up to and including 29 June 2008.

Up to 29 June 2008, you do not have to show you have had the funds for at least three months before your application. You must only show you have the required funds at the time you apply. The types of documents you need to send to support your application are detailed below. Until 29 June 2008, they do not need to cover the three-month period, but they must be dated no more than a month before your application.

Actual URL : http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/
====
Initially when they introduced the Tier 1, it was mentioned on the website that you need to show 800 pounds for the past 3 months and after every transaction it shouldn't go down below 800 poubds...that means your closing balance on any day cannot be less than 800 in the past 3 months....but later on they modified(which is printed above ) and now they says that you need to show enough funds atleast while applying.

Ans 2: It looks like you are applying from outside UK ? Then you need to show enough funds as Entry clearence is tough as they expect those funds should feed you couple of months in UK even if you don't get a job and hence it is important.

Ans 3: probabily you don't need any letter from NARIC certified that your degree is equalent to UK degree. if your degree is recognized on the self assessment tool it is okay...but if u have time and want to make sure your case more strong then you may try for a certificate from the NARIC.
Jedi001 wrote:Hello Friends,

I have few questions regarding Tier 1 application as I planning to apply, could someone please help me out with these questions:

1. Maintenance fund: I am confused about Maintenance fund, Do I have to keep 800 Pounds in my bank account for the period of 3 months or Do I need 2800 pounds for the same period? Or 2800 pounds is amount which I have to show when I apply for visa clearance. Please advise.

2. Dependants Visa: I am married and I want to apply for me & my wife together though I would like to visit UK first so that I can get settled over there and then my wife will join me. I have checked lot of immigration forums and there I have learnt that few people got their Entry Clearance rejected because the Case Worker thought that "the person doesn't wants to make UK as their home". Please suggest what should be best possible option for me.

And if I have to take my wife with me then what would be the amount which I have to show in my bank account to get the visa approved?

3. NARIC Certificate: I have passed my Bachelors degree from Bangalore university. I have checked the http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk website wherein Bangalore University is listed in their database. Do I really need a NARIC certificate to prove my English proficiency?

For the moment I have these many questions only. I would really appreciate if you could please advise me on the above questions.

Kind Regards,

Jedi001