ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jj06
Newly Registered
Spain

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by jj06 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:07 pm

138 working days applied in Madrid still waiting..

tina_tan
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by tina_tan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:44 am

I am hopeless right now reading these messages posted in this timeline. I applied last July 11,2017 and I still have no visa. I cried when I read that it is not a GUARANTEE for how long the months I have waited doesn't mean they're gonna grant me the visa. I spent my Christmas and new year without my husband and my birthday will be in February and I still have no idea if they're going to grant me or not. I am really losing hope. I patiently have waited for almost 5 months now.

[quqote=Bollox post_id=1514964 time=1501567148 user_id=157794]
Hello all
I have applied on 03/04/2017 and still awaiting reply. Last email I have received from UKVI is on 20/04/2017. No news after that. By end of this week it will be 90 working days.

I will be emailing next Monday and inquire as 90 working days will be over.

Has anyone applied on or before03/04/2017 and still awaiting reply?
[/quote]

tina_tan
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by tina_tan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:48 am

jj06 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:07 pm
138 working days applied in Madrid still waiting..
128 working days and counting. I have appied in Cebu,Philippines to be with my husband.

Ans
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Ans » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:52 am

I have applied and received refusal after 156 working days thinking they taking long and definitely give me visa but end up refusal after waiting 7 months

Ans
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Ans » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:54 am

Sent me refusal without consider my case stating u have not provide some documents but I provide them i m 100% sure

tina_tan
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by tina_tan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:03 am

128 working days and counting when are they going to grant me my visa. I have applied here in VFS Cebu,Philippines. I hired an agent who process documents like EEA and she's a lawyer by profession. She requested me everything that I could provide documents needed for my EEA visa application to U.K. It's January now I haven't receive any news from the U.K embassy. I have spent Christmas and New year without my husband. If its refused then they have to send me my passport so I could reapply again. My concern is,it is not a GUARANTEE that they're going to grant me my visa whether I HAVE WAITED FOR ALMOST FIVE MONTHS NOW. I just read some of reviews in this timeline he waited for 7mos and he was refused to have a Family permit visa. Most likely I would end up in a refused visa. I am pessimistic thinker now cos I have no idea what is going on with the decision they're making now. I am so depress and I feel bad about what's happening now. But still I am hoping for miracles that our Heavenly Father could touch their hearts to feel that we applicants need to be in our family.

tina_tan
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by tina_tan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:06 am

Ans wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:54 am
Sent me refusal without consider my case stating u have not provide some documents but I provide them i m 100% sure

How are you by the way? I feel sad about your case. Actually I am crying right now cos most likely I am gonna end up like having a refused visa. I have provided the document needed and I even added supporting documents when I applied for EEA in VFS.

Ans
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Ans » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:11 am

THE conditions I’m suffering is not possible to describe here but all I can say is I’m so upset because off mental torture every moment I waited just for refusal after such a long time this is not a fair ????????????do you think I deserve for that ?????

Ans
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Ans » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:13 am

BUT the thing is is all about your luck really

Ans
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Ans » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:14 am

I will pray they issue you a visa and you meet your family

tina_tan
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by tina_tan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:22 am

Ans wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:11 am
THE conditions I’m suffering is not possible to describe here but all I can say is I’m so upset because off mental torture every moment I waited just for refusal after such a long time this is not a fair ????????????do you think I deserve for that ?????
I am sorry about your case. I feel sad at the same time knowing that we have applied the same visa. Where did you apply for EEA? Did you apply with the support of agency who dealt with processing visas abroad? Actually before the Sheffield sent back my docoument to my husband'd address in U.K I have received an email that they cannot find the appendix 2. So I email my agent about it since I am living far from Cebu. I have to take a flight just to get there,she told me that appendix 2 is only applicable for spouse visa,so my agent and my husband sent the UKvisa that appendix 2 is not applicable for my EEA. They apologised for the inconvenience and since then I had no news from them.

Reapply is the only option we can have. Some of us here have appied thrice already and kept on waiting.

Actually, I am no longer expecting my visa to come. I am just waiting for my passport to return back to me and reapply for the second time.

mnpfep
Newly Registered
India

Post by mnpfep » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:26 am

Hi there,

I have been following this forum ever since I received the "not straightforward" email on September 12th. I submitted my biometrics on 24th August 2017 at VFS Mumbai (North) India.

I received my passport with a refusal letter on 29th December, and I am taken aback by the reasons for refusal. I can't believe the visa office needed 4 months to refuse my permit on these grounds.

The Decision:
You have failed to submit valid identification in your name in the form of a passport which is required for your application. Therefore, this department is unable to confirm your relationship to your sponsor. As such, this department is unable to confirm that you are the family member of an EEA national in accordance with Regulation 7 of the (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016.

You have failed to submit any evidence that your relationship with your EEA national sponsor is as claimed. As evidence of your relationship we would expect to see evidence in the form of an official marriage certificate along with other historical documentary evidence or wedding photos that show that a marriage actually took place.

In view of your failure to provide sufficient satisfactory evidence, I am not satisfied that you are the family member of an EEA national in accordance with Regulation 7 of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016.

I therefore refuse your EEA Family Permit application because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of Regulation 12 of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016.

Your application does not attract a right of appeal under regulation 36(4) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 as you have failed to supply any evidence of your sponsor's identity and that you are related as claimed to your EEA national sponsor.

I am wondering whether it is even a possibility to make a visa application without submitting the passport. How could they say that I haven't submitted my passport when it was actually held with them for over 4 months.

Given below is the list of documents I submitted:

1. My Original Passports (Old & New)
2. Notarised copies of my husband's (Sponsor) passport, OCI, Portugal Citizen Card, Provisional Driving Licence
3. Notarised copy of my husband's declaration as a sponsor
4. Notarised Sponsorship Undertaking (Form SU07/12)
5. Attested copies of my husband's (sponsor) bank statement (1 year)
6. National Insurance Number
7. Original Employer's Letter
8. Attested Payslips (6 months)
9. Attested P60
10. Attested copies of my bank statement highlighting foreign remittances received from my husband since February 2014
11. Western Union money transfer receipts
12. Screenshots of WhatsApp call log
13. My husband's boarding passes for his visits to India
14. Notarised copy of the Letter from the Landlord
15. Original council tax, electricity, broadband, TV services and gas bills
16. Photos of our civil registration marriage, family pictures, other outings/celebrations since 2007, my father's funeral etc were also submitted

I am thinking of reapplying by the following week. However, I do not understand what additional documents must I produce for a successful application. My husband is currently in India with me, and hence, he will be unable to notarise certain documents in the UK.

Could someone help me with the following:

Can we notarise his passport etc in India?
Can we submit the same papers as last time or do we need to get fresh ones, since it has been over four months?
And what is that I need to submit that will satisfy the reasons for refusal?!

Is there anyone who received the same refusal letter?! Were you successful in your second attempt?!

Please advice:)

samiprakash
Newly Registered

Post by samiprakash » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:57 am

Applied on 23rd june 2017 still waiting :roll:

kmazyar
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by kmazyar » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:31 am

Hi all,

After escalating for the 3d time today I've received the following email from the contact centre:

"Dear Kmazyar ,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. If you have requested a courier service, you can track the location of your travel document on line. If you have opted to collect your decision from a Visa Application Centre team they will notify you that your documents are ready for collection."

The tracking on the DHL site shows that the documents were sent yesterday from Istanbul and today have arrived to Tel Aviv DHL offices. Waiting for the courier in the next few days and hoping for a positive decision. Today are 98 working days for me applied from Tel Aviv, Israel. Keeping my fingers crossed and biting my nails.

Keep the good faith everyone, sooner o later the decision will come for everyone.

tina_tan
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by tina_tan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:55 am

samiprakash wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:57 am
Applied on 23rd june 2017 still waiting :roll:
Hello there!

Well,I have applied since July 11,2017 and still counting and insanely depressingly waiting😥

kaffuk

Post by kaffuk » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:17 pm

mnpfep wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:26 am
Hi there,

I have been following this forum ever since I received the "not straightforward" email on September 12th. I submitted my biometrics on 24th August 2017 at VFS Mumbai (North) India.

I received my passport with a refusal letter on 29th December, and I am taken aback by the reasons for refusal. I can't believe the visa office needed 4 months to refuse my permit on these grounds.

The Decision:
You have failed to submit valid identification in your name in the form of a passport which is required for your application. Therefore, this department is unable to confirm your relationship to your sponsor. As such, this department is unable to confirm that you are the family member of an EEA national in accordance with Regulation 7 of the (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016.

You have failed to submit any evidence that your relationship with your EEA national sponsor is as claimed. As evidence of your relationship we would expect to see evidence in the form of an official marriage certificate along with other historical documentary evidence or wedding photos that show that a marriage actually took place.

In view of your failure to provide sufficient satisfactory evidence, I am not satisfied that you are the family member of an EEA national in accordance with Regulation 7 of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016.

I therefore refuse your EEA Family Permit application because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of Regulation 12 of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016.

Your application does not attract a right of appeal under regulation 36(4) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 as you have failed to supply any evidence of your sponsor's identity and that you are related as claimed to your EEA national sponsor.

I am wondering whether it is even a possibility to make a visa application without submitting the passport. How could they say that I haven't submitted my passport when it was actually held with them for over 4 months.

Given below is the list of documents I submitted:

1. My Original Passports (Old & New)
2. Notarised copies of my husband's (Sponsor) passport, OCI, Portugal Citizen Card, Provisional Driving Licence
3. Notarised copy of my husband's declaration as a sponsor
4. Notarised Sponsorship Undertaking (Form SU07/12)
5. Attested copies of my husband's (sponsor) bank statement (1 year)
6. National Insurance Number
7. Original Employer's Letter
8. Attested Payslips (6 months)
9. Attested P60
10. Attested copies of my bank statement highlighting foreign remittances received from my husband since February 2014
11. Western Union money transfer receipts
12. Screenshots of WhatsApp call log
13. My husband's boarding passes for his visits to India
14. Notarised copy of the Letter from the Landlord
15. Original council tax, electricity, broadband, TV services and gas bills
16. Photos of our civil registration marriage, family pictures, other outings/celebrations since 2007, my father's funeral etc were also submitted

I am thinking of reapplying by the following week. However, I do not understand what additional documents must I produce for a successful application. My husband is currently in India with me, and hence, he will be unable to notarise certain documents in the UK.

Could someone help me with the following:

Can we notarise his passport etc in India?
Can we submit the same papers as last time or do we need to get fresh ones, since it has been over four months?
And what is that I need to submit that will satisfy the reasons for refusal?!

Is there anyone who received the same refusal letter?! Were you successful in your second attempt?!

Please advice:)
Hi,

What is your situation?
- Where do you live
- Where is your husband/spouse
- Have you lived together before?
- How long have you been married?
- Have you had a visa for UK before?

Thanks.

kaffuk

Post by kaffuk » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:17 pm

kmazyar wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:31 am
Hi all,

After escalating for the 3d time today I've received the following email from the contact centre:

"Dear Kmazyar ,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. If you have requested a courier service, you can track the location of your travel document on line. If you have opted to collect your decision from a Visa Application Centre team they will notify you that your documents are ready for collection."

The tracking on the DHL site shows that the documents were sent yesterday from Istanbul and today have arrived to Tel Aviv DHL offices. Waiting for the courier in the next few days and hoping for a positive decision. Today are 98 working days for me applied from Tel Aviv, Israel. Keeping my fingers crossed and biting my nails.

Keep the good faith everyone, sooner o later the decision will come for everyone.
Hi,

What is your situation?
- Where do you live

Thanks.

kmazyar
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by kmazyar » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:16 pm

kaffuk wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi,

What is your situation?
- Where do you live

Thanks.
Hi,

I live in Israel.
My husband is in the UK since August 2017, working.
We are married for 8 years and have been living together for about 10 years.
I've had a EEA FP in 2015, expired now.

Hope this is of help.

PETER09
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by PETER09 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:21 pm

Guys!

I applied on the 18th of August in MADRID, and escalated my case twice, ones in October and the second time in November. On the 29th of December i got an email saying that the decision has been made, then on the 2nd of January i received the email saying that my passport was ready to collect in Madrid...

I GOT MY PASSPORT TODAY, with the Family permit.. BUT THE BAD NEWS ARE THAT the visa was issue on the 30th of August and just now today i got y passport... SO BASICALLY I HAVE ONLY 2 MONTHS OF VISA....

I have called the usual number and i have escalated the cae again and they said that it may have been a mistake that in some cases they call back people to re issue the visa and correct the mistake... LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS... they are supposed to contact me back within 15 working days....

HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCE A SIMILAR CASE??

THANKS

kaffuk

Post by kaffuk » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:52 pm

kmazyar wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:16 pm
kaffuk wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi,

What is your situation?
- Where do you live

Thanks.
Hi,

I live in Israel.
My husband is in the UK since August 2017, working.
We are married for 8 years and have been living together for about 10 years.
I've had a EEA FP in 2015, expired now.

Hope this is of help.
Where is your Husband from?
When did you first apply?

kmazyar
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by kmazyar » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:59 pm

My husband is from Romania.
I applied on Aug 16th from Tel Aviv, Israel.

kaffuk

Post by kaffuk » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:03 pm

kmazyar wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:59 pm
My husband is from Romania.
I applied on Aug 16th from Tel Aviv, Israel.
I can only suspect that he didn't stay in the UK for very long before you apply and doesn't have a lot of proof that you will stay in UK for the future. Maybe this is why it takes long...

kmazyar
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by kmazyar » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:54 pm

He has arrived to the UK on Aug 9th and I've applied on the 16th.
I don't really understand why does it matter if I'll stay in the UK or not.
The Family Permit gives me the right to join him there regardless of the fact if I'm staying or not.
I'm not sure of why does it take so long, maybe the fact I've stated in the application that I intend to work in the UK.
Anyway, I didn't get my passport yet, and don't know the result. I was refused in July just after two weeks of waiting and now I waited for 5 months.

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:13 pm

kmazyar wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:54 pm
The Family Permit gives me the right to join him there regardless of the fact if I'm staying or not.
I'm not sure of why does it take so long, maybe the fact I've stated in the application that I intend to work in the UK.
Anyway, I didn't get my passport yet, and don't know the result. I was refused in July just after two weeks of waiting and now I waited for 5 months.
Why you were refused before?

kaffuk

Post by kaffuk » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:18 pm

kmazyar wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:54 pm
This is the requirements list:

EEA Family Permit Requirements (for non-EU citizens outside the UK):

The EU citizen intends to exercise their Treaty rights in the UK (employment, self-employment, study, self-sufficient, etc)
The couple must be legally married to each other / in a civil partnership with each other
They must have met each other
They must intend to live together
The couple must be travelling to the UK together or the EU citizen should already be in the UK

If he only arrived in the UK it is difficult to prove that he has a permanent job (still on probation) or that he will stay for a long period of time...