ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement of Parent of a British born British children

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dan11
Newly Registered

Settlement of Parent of a British born British children

Post by dan11 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi There,

I was granted LR on the basis of my British born British children. When this LR expired, I reapplied for the extension of visa in the same category. After the visa was granted, I moved into the house to leave with my children where they were leaving with their mother.
In the new application, I added the detail of the other half as she asked me to do so. Although, I did not apply for, but the home office granted me a LR with a spouse visa. I inform the home office that I have not applied for and to explain to me why they put me on spouse visa with a 10 years rout. They replied to me re-apply using a correct form and pay the fee.
Now as It has been continuous 5 years since my previously granted LR on the basis of children and I would be eligible for settlement if I was granted the last visa in the same category (parent of a child 5 years rout) but it is not.
Is there anyway, now I can apply for settlement(ILR) on the basis of my children? any advice would be much appreciated?
Regards
MR

Casa

Re: Settlement of Parent of a British born British children

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:59 pm

If you are living with the other parent of your children, you no longer qualify under the Parent route to settlement. This is for a parent living separately from their child/children or have sole parental responsibility.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dan11
Newly Registered

Post by dan11 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:03 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:59 pm
If you are living with the other parent of your children, you no longer qualify under the Parent route to settlement. This is for a parent living separately from their child/children or have sole parental responsibility.
Thank you Casa,
I did not know that when i was moving to the same house, I moved only for the sake of children to support. However, I know this now. Now I do not want to keep the spouse visa status, there are reasons for it. I would like to switch to parent of a child. However my question was, as I did not apply for the spouse visa but I was granted anyway, and i have sent a couple of letters to HO, Is there any chance I can apply for the settlement now?

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:58 pm

You stand a better chance of winning the National lottery than UKVI granting you settlement.

dan11 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:03 pm
Casa wrote:
Thank you Casa,
I did not know that when i was moving to the same house, I moved only for the sake of children to support. However, I know this now. Now I do not want to keep the spouse visa status, there are reasons for it. I would like to switch to parent of a child. However my question was, as I did not apply for the spouse visa but I was granted anyway, and i have sent a couple of letters to HO, Is there any chance I can apply for the settlement now?
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

dan11
Newly Registered

Post by dan11 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:56 am

Choc-Ice wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:58 pm
You stand a better chance of winning the National lottery than UKVI granting you settlement.
dan11 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:03 pm
Casa wrote:
Thank you Casa,
Haha
That's great I would love to win a lottery, it will be a lot easier as UK immigration is now all about money not rather principles. Rules are rules and respect rules, but rules should be based on principles not just for the sake of it. Why would I be punished for helping my children to live in with them.