ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to update my address on my OCI card?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

insomniac

Do I need to update my address on my OCI card?

Post by insomniac » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:48 am

Hello,

This is my situation - I have an OCI card (I am an ex-Indian national), my wife has a PIO (she is a foreign national) and we have a newborn for which I wish to apply for an OCI. Both the PIO/OCI cards reference our old London address.

Since there is a March 2016 deadline to convert the PIO to OCI, I thought I'd do both wife and the baby's application together.

Since we now have a new address, and I'll have to supply my OCI photocopy for both wife and baby applications, do I need to get a new address on my OCI card too?

Thank you,
Anuj

preti
Newly Registered
India

Re: Do I need to update my address on my OCI card?

Post by preti » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:41 am

Hi Anuj,
I'm stuck with the same situation as yours. Though this post has been from 2015, please share your experience.
The address in my OCI card is different to the one which we are staying right now and I'm about the apply OCI for my new born baby.
Should (is it mandatory) I need to change my address (OCI) before applying for my child?
Thank you for your time.
Best Regards,
Preti.