ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 year multi entry visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pratibha2107
Newly Registered
India

5 year multi entry visit visa

Post by pratibha2107 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi,

My mother currently has 2 year visit visa, that expires in June 2018. She is visiting us till 30 March.
How soon can I apply for another visit visa, this time for 5 years? We do have financial proofs and property in India in her name.

This year starting, we applied for a Adult Dependent Visa, that was rejected.
Will this impact our next application.

Casa

Re: 5 year multi entry visit visa

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:10 pm

pratibha2107 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:44 pm
Hi,

My mother currently has 2 year visit visa, that expires in June 2018. She is visiting us till 30 March.
How soon can I apply for another visit visa, this time for 5 years? We do have financial proofs and property in India in her name.

This year starting, we applied for a Adult Dependent Visa, that was rejected.
Will this impact our next application.
Unfortunately the failed Adult Dependent visa application is highly likely to close the door for future visitor visas due to the prior intention to settle.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

pratibha2107
Newly Registered
India

Post by pratibha2107 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:54 am

Hi Casa,

Its quite sad to know that the rejection will act as a barrier for further visa applications.

The intentions to settle is genuine, but that should not impact the fact that post rejection, we are willing to make her visit 6 months in a year and multiple times in next 5 years and hence is the need for that visa.

Are there any documents that we can attach to support our case. She does have a property and pension in India.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:38 pm

The intentions to settle is genuine
Well that is the point, she would not be viewed as a 'genuine visitor' then. She is lucky her current visitor visa was not cancelled. Did you apply for the ADR within the UK or from home country?
but that should not impact the fact that post rejection,
But is does because HO will likely believe she has no intention of leaving the UK as her intention to settle has been made. She would be considered high risk.
we are willing to make her visit 6 months in a year and multiple times in next 5 years and hence is the need for that visa.
So you basically trying to find a way so she can 'live' in the UK, hence not a 'genuine visitor'?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pratibha2107
Newly Registered
India

Post by pratibha2107 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:14 pm

What is the best way to go forward in this case?
Should we wait for a year and apply next year? or Try a different visa category- Tier 1- Entrepreneur or Tier5 - temporary work visa.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:18 pm

pratibha2107 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:14 pm
Should we wait for a year and apply next year? or Try a different visa category- Tier 1- Entrepreneur or Tier5 - temporary work visa.
You mean what's the best way to circumvent the immigration rules?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:23 pm

pratibha2107 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:14 pm
How does she qualify for Tier 1 Ent? Does she have a business plan and £200k?

She is too old for Tier 5. Most of them have an age limit and those that don't she would need to be sponsored by a company/charity etc.

Why did you apply for the ADR? Did you do any research on this very difficult visa to get before simply just applying?

Was your mother in the UK when you applied or did she apply from home country?

How long has she been visiting the UK on her current trip?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:28 am

I think it is likely that any future visit visa will be rejected not only because of the ADR application, but also because your mother seems to be violating the Immigration Rules for visitors, which do not allow for "frequent and successive visits" (See Rule 4.2 (b)). Six months in the year, on a repeated basis, is almost certainly going to be construed as attempting to reside in the UK on a visit visa, which is not allowed. Also see this recent case of a mother's visit visa being reduced from six months to three months at the airport.

The UK Immigration Rules are not designed for chain immigration of parents. Therefore attempting to get around the restrictions, especially now that you have effectively notified the UKV&I of your intentions, won't work.

You have not mentioned if any member of your family is a British citizen. If they are, you may want to look at moving to another EEA country. Under EU law, if your mother can prove financial dependence on you or your spouse and if one of the two (or both) is a British citizen, then your mother will have a right to reside with you in another (i.e. not the UK) EEA country. There are of course requirements for that route as well, but that only applies if either your spouse or you are British citizens. If you let us know if you meet this requirement, we can advise further.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

smj_jak

Post by smj_jak » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Hello Everyone.

I am in a similar situation. My mother is also having 2 years Visit visa which is expire on [b]5th May 2018[/b]. I am planning for her next visit from[b] March 2018[/b] to July 2018.

Can anyone help and advise me where can I apply for 5 year Visit visa in Jan/Feb 2018 before the end of current 2 years visit visa ?

Thanks for your help and advise.
Regards
Jak

smj_jak

Post by smj_jak » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:32 pm

Hi All,

Can any one confirm that we can apply for for 5 years visit visa before the expiry of current 2 years visit visa ?

Regards