ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by smallpie » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:08 am

se18_billy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:46 pm
smallpie wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:28 pm
se18_billy wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:54 pm
haris_zam wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:09 pm
Possibly from amongst a handful of july applicants who have not received anything yet.. applied on the 19th . sent emails to both emails citizensupport and the other ,from the past two weeks have sent thrice but no reply. called them and they said hasn't been 6months, but i just want an update as to the progress!! it's taking a toll on me and the patience is running thin...... such a setback..
:| :x
I applied on 7th July and only got the approval letter this weekend (approval letter dated 20th Dec - before Christmas!).

Funny enough - I emailed citizenship support on 20th Dec (exactly the same day when my application got approved). They only responded to me on 3rd Jan saying it had been decided and I'd receive a letter within 10 working days.

I agree with you - it's been a frustrating process. Keep your chin up - you'll receive yours soon I'm sure. Good luck!
@ se18..

Congratulations...

Are you from the same se18 area? (southeast London)?

My ceremony is coming up in that area next week.
I was living in Woolwich when I registered to this site some years ago, but I've now moved to Croydon. Their next group ceremony is on 31st Jan, so I've booked a private one for tomorrow!
@se18,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I live in Abbeywood near Woolwich.
My ceremony is next week at Woolwich town hall.

And yeah I know Croydon so well ☺

Congratulations once again bro, our "becoming British" journey is over for good one.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Esther67
Newly Registered

Status check online

Post by Esther67 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:58 pm

Hi All,

Can someone please provide me with the link to check visa application status on Gov UK. The one I had doesn't work anymore.
Thanks

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by smallpie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:21 am

Esther67 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:58 pm
Hi All,

Can someone please provide me with the link to check visa application status on Gov UK. The one I had doesn't work anymore.
Thanks
It's been closed down by Home office, itself... Since last year December.
There's no other site or link available to check status at the moment.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Esther67
Newly Registered

Post by Esther67 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:16 am

Oh wow!

Okay. Thank you so much for replying Smallpie.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:34 am

Esther67 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:16 am
Oh wow!

Okay. Thank you so much for replying Smallpie.
No worries.

When did you apply? And what did you apply for?
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Ab1691
Newly Registered

Post by Ab1691 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:44 pm

Hi,
I applied on 9th January 2017 and still waiting for the decision over a year long wait.

king123
Newly Registered

Post by king123 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:24 pm

hello i applied 15th jan 2017 ....
still no decision.

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:11 pm

Hi . I applied on 27th of April 2017 but still haven't received my decision yet.

Jegz82
Newly Registered

Post by Jegz82 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:42 am

Hi

Applied on 14th Nov 16, still pending!
did a PAP recently, requested them to give precise time frame to make a decision!
It did not work, same rubbish response with excuses!
Useless service
One other member applied in 2015 has been called in for a interview next month!
hopefully he can share some useful insight into the delays
Thanks

Bathroom11

Post by Bathroom11 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi guys for those who applied for more than a year can you explain if you did have any conviction before or you were overstayers before or you got ilr through refugee route or what because if you are not one of those then that's really not fair to wait that long
Thanks
I have applied 30 october 2017 and nothing yet but I am panicing because there are many people who applied in late October and already got there approval although I am very straight forward case but I am start doubting now

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:36 pm

Bathroom11 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:22 pm
Hi guys for those who applied for more than a year can you explain if you did have any conviction before or you were overstayers before or you got ilr through refugee route or what because if you are not one of those then that's really not fair to wait that long
Thanks
I have applied 30 october 2017 and nothing yet but I am panicing because there are many people who applied in late October and already got there approval although I am very straight forward case but I am start doubting now
I agree. Going beyond a year is ridicolous considering the application fee levels! It could help if there was a refund policy like with any other "product"...

I applied 23rd October 2017 and haven't heard back anything after submitting biometrics, either. I think 3-3.5 months from application to decision letter delivery should be a recent average (my subjective opinion reading timelines).

shaftri
Newly Registered

Post by shaftri » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:31 am

Applied on 09 May 2017, under 10 Year Route. no conviction, no overstays, and decision letter not received yet.

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:47 am

shaftri wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:31 am
Applied on 09 May 2017, under 10 Year Route. no conviction, no overstays, and decision letter not received yet.
Hi
Don't worry mate it will arrive soon or may be a bit late but finally it will arrive.I am waiting for a decision since October 2015 and still not decided yet.I did everything but no body could help me so far.My advice that just to wait.To be honest there is noting which we can do but wait, wait and wait.
Good Luck

Bathroom11

Post by Bathroom11 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:46 am

Maxmilan wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:47 am
shaftri wrote:
Hi
Don't worry mate it will arrive soon or may be a bit late but finally it will arrive.I am waiting for a decision since October 2015 and still not decided yet.I did everything but no body could help me so far.My advice that just to wait.To be honest there is noting which we can do but wait, wait and wait.
Good Luck
Hi mate you said you applied in October 2015 can you explain your situation exactly that's more than 2 years surely there is something not straight forward with your case and you know what is it or at least you feel there is a reason in your mind to explain why the delay in your application and I wish you all the best

Jegz82
Newly Registered

Post by Jegz82 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:44 am

Bathroom11 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:22 pm
Thanks
Hi
My one is straight forward, 5 year highly skilled + 1 year ILR route
no conviction , no CCJ, I cannot think of anything that could delay the application.

If you applied in Oct 17, I would say not to panic now, my wife applied in Aug 17, still Pending
you have wait patiently for at least 6 months
thanks

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:49 am

Bathroom11 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:46 am
Maxmilan wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:47 am
shaftri wrote:
Hi
Good Luckc
Hi mate you said you applied in October 2015 can you explain your situation exactly that's more than 2 years surely there is something not straight forward with your case and you know what is it or at least you feel there is a reason in your mind to explain why the delay in your application and I wish you all the best
Hi
I had a driving offence for drove a car without insurance on 2006 which the points been cleared on 2010 and after that nothing at all even a deriving penalty.I am a refugee which been in the UK since 2005 and have an Indefinite Leave To Remain in the UK since 2013.I have passed Life in the UK test and B1 to support my application and in my opinion my case was straight forward and no any idea that why my application should take that long.The HO mentioned that they randomly choose an applicant for checking for Good Character and that's it.Two weeks a go HO invited me to attend an interview to discuss my outstanding Naturalization application on February 2018.

Bathroom11

Post by Bathroom11 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Let's just hope everything will be alright with positive outcome

Faryal
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Faryal » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi i applied for leave to remian visa with my husband and kids in sptember and we did biomatrics on 28 oct 2017 and still we didnt get any reply from them could you please tell how i check my visa status thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:14 pm

Faryal wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:12 pm
Hi i applied for leave to remian visa with my husband and kids in sptember and we did biomatrics on 28 oct 2017 and still we didnt get any reply from them could you please tell how i check my visa status thank you
Can you please stop tagging your question onto status checks topics you find in all the sub forums.

immigration-for-family-members/check-ap ... l#p1583203

What exactly have you applied for?

This topic you have posted in is for British Citizenship applications and NOT for leave to remain questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Faryal wrote:
Hi all applications may take up to 6 months.If it takes more than 6 months and you didn't get the result you need to contact with them by Email or Phone.
Good Luck

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:25 pm

Maxmilan wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:23 pm
Faryal wrote:
Hi all applications may take up to 6 months.If it takes more than 6 months and you didn't get the result you need to contact with them by Email or Phone.
Good Luck
The user has applied for ILR, not citizenship and is posting the same question all over the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shankar981
Mood:

Post by shankar981 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:29 pm

I applied for MN1 for my 3 year old daughter under section 1(3) on 14-Sep through NCS/JCAP. The biometric information was provided a week later. But I haven't received the registration certificate/passport yet. Mine is a straight forward case - Entered UK through Tier 2 General Visa in Aug 2012. Got the ILR in Aug 2017. I'm worried as it is about 4 months now, yet no information from HO. Can you please let me know if it is normal that HO takes such a long time?

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 pm

shankar981 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:29 pm
I applied for MN1 for my 3 year old daughter under section 1(3) on 14-Sep through NCS/JCAP. The biometric information was provided a week later. But I haven't received the registration certificate/passport yet. Mine is a straight forward case - Entered UK through Tier 2 General Visa in Aug 2012. Got the ILR in Aug 2017. I'm worried as it is about 4 months now, yet no information from HO. Can you please let me know if it is normal that HO takes such a long time?
Do not worry mate in most cases they will send them whenever they decided.Hopefully they will decide before 6 month time and if for any reason take more than 6 month then contact with HO.Good Luck.

Ele231703
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Post by Ele231703 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi all, finaly received this morning my approval letter :) , exactly 5 month after my biometric done.
Thought, i will never receive it, but patience paid in the end......
So Guys, be patient( i know it's not easy for you who are waiting, because you know i've got my approval now,and perhaps you think it's easy to say that now, but few hours ago i was ago i was in the same bag than you).
Try to think about somthing else, life is too dear!!! Your turn will come too.....if you know you haven't done nothing wrong.
Thanks to this forum and all the members.
Wish best of luck to everyone waiting for approval......
Will try to help members to answer questions in this forum....

i-need-time
Newly Registered

Post by i-need-time » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:53 am

I applied for citizenship via nationality checking service on the 09Oct17.
I received a confirmation letter on 17oct17 saying that my application has been received. Their letter was dated 13oct17.
So it took 4 days for the application to be in their system.
A further 4 days for the confirmation letter to arrive.

I sent an email to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on 27dec17
They replied on 08jan18.

"Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 29th October 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker."

I think although my contribution letter is dated 13Oct17, The true date for the application to be places in the queue system is 29Oct17.

In summary, from the date you submit your application, it takes 3 weeks (approximately) for the application to be assigned and logged on the queue system.
So the 3.-3.5 months on decisions is after the true date.