ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years qualification

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GAMBUN
Newly Registered
Guinea Bissau

ILR 10 years qualification

Post by GAMBUN » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:57 am

Morning to All

I have applied for tier 1 entrepreneur extension in December 2017 and now waiting to hear from home office.

By 1st Feb 2018 I will be lawfully resident for 10 years without any gap in my visa or resident status.

Part of the 10 year is 4 year on tier 4 general, 2 year on PSW and 4 years on tier 1 entrepreneur.

Would I be qualified to switch my application to ILR by the 1st February 2018? Or am I not qualified to do so? Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks

marcnath

Re: ILR 10 years qualification

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:02 am

Yes, you can switch
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

GAMBUN
Newly Registered
Guinea Bissau

Post by GAMBUN » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:16 am

Thanks marcmath for the advice. The reason I asked and wasn't sure is that I once heard from a friend that PSW is not normally counted as part of continued residence

But really appreciate your advice

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:41 am

It is not counted for Points based 5 year ILR
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.