ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child visa issued but with comments "UK Born Child" - Urgent Please!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kashyap80
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

IHS Fee for Child.. Urgent please!

Post by kashyap80 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi,

I have an ILR and my wife has a dependant of settled person visa valid until July 2018. My wife is currently in India and she is applying for my child's visa from India.

We booked an appointment and paid the visa fee. When we were asked for IHS fee, we have gone through the IHS tool appeared immediately after the online application form. It turned out that my child (6 months old) doesn't need to pay any IHS fee as she is under 18 and dependant of a settled person. I got the IHS reference number and online application system says IHS payment is successful and the link is no more available to access.

I am going through the UKVI website but noticed that any one applying from outside UK has to pay IHS fee. I tried to relook but no success of how to pay the IHS fee if necessary. Could you please advise if I need to pay IHS fee or not? If yes, is there anyway I can pay online or during the application submission at VFS?

Our visa application date is 05/09/2017 so it will be really appreciated if someone can help me with this query urgently?

Regards,
Kashyap.

kashyap80
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: IHS Fee for Child.. Urgent please!

Post by kashyap80 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:31 pm

Just to clarify a little bit more, my child is applying alone and she is applying to join as a child/dependant of settled parent in UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:22 pm

IHS needs to be paid. UKVI usually emails you/parent to pay it once you have submitted the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kashyap80
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by kashyap80 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:22 pm
IHS needs to be paid. UKVI usually emails you/parent to pay it once you have submitted the application.
Thanks for your quick reply CR001.

londonukguy

Post by londonukguy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
I have a question too about IHS
I applied at end of April my wife and one child
It's been four months but have not heard nothing so far.My question at what stage home office normally and will ask for child IHS fee?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:48 pm

londonukguy wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:12 pm
CR001 wrote:
I have a question too about IHS
I applied at end of April my wife and one child
It's been four months but have not heard nothing so far.My question at what stage home office normally and will ask for child IHS fee?
Pls continue in your own topic. IHS is payable at the time of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kashyap80
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by kashyap80 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:51 pm

kashyap80 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:40 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply CR001.
I haven't received any e-mail from UKVI but I called them on phone after 60 working days to know the status of the application. They told that I need to pay IHS fee and they have sent the same link to pay the fee where there is no option to pay "from outside UK" - it just says "you need to pay IHS fee with the application". I have just selected "applying from inside UK" and paid the required fee.

I have received the visa of my daughter after two weeks from the date I paid the IHS fee (in total more than 3 months from the date of application). It is really annoying that they didn't respond at all during the 60 days time period.

kashyap80
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Child visa issued but with comments "UK Born Child" - Urgent Please!

Post by kashyap80 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi,
I have an ILR and my wife has a dependant visa. We had a baby a few months ago and she was born in India. My wife applied for her visa from India and we got her visa after a long waiting for 3 months.

I have a question regarding a comment on my baby's visa stamp in her passport. It says that her nationality is Indian (which is correct as she was born in India) but there was a comment at the bottom which says "UK Born Child". I am confused why they made this comment and it is really incorrect. I have submitted my baby's birth certificate and explained that she was in India while my wife was India but for some unknown reason they mentioned a comment as a UK born child!

Does anybody here have a similar situation or anyone can explain why it is mentioned so?

Could you please consider this as urgent as I need to book my flight tickets to bring my child as soon as possible.

Regards,
Kashyap.

y1121
Newly Registered

Re: Child visa issued but with comments "UK Born Child" - Urgent Please!

Post by y1121 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:36 pm

Hi Kashyap80

Sorry for bumping in your thread, but i was wondering of you could help me as i am facing the same problem you did with IHS payment.

You mentioned you selected "application from inside the UK" even though your child's application was made from India.

Could you please share what you selected under 'visa route' and 'visa type' as there is no option of "dependent of settled person"?? Were you prompted to pay GBP 600?

I was wondering if this would be correct :
1. Applying from within the UK
2. FLR other
3. Dependent child
4. Whether applying to join someone already in the UK : In the details of this person - IHS reference and visa duration of wife

Also, is your child's visa duration equal to that of you wife's, i.e, valid until July 2018?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. We only have 2 days left to pay the IHS for 2 children applying from India. I really don't want their applications to be refused!

PS CR001, I know you will probably reproach me for posting in this thread, but as you would have noticed, I haven't received any helpful advice in mine. As kashyap80 has successfully resolved a similar issue, please bear with me this once as I'm desperately hoping he will be able to help, if he still accesses the board. Thanks.