ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to ask home office send my passport copy to council for marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Adamning
Newly Registered
China

How to ask home office send my passport copy to council for marriage

Post by Adamning » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:14 pm

Hey everyone.
Need some help

My passport is holding by home office Sheffield office. As I’m appealing my case after got refused.

Me and my partner (French nationality) wanna get Marry before hearing date 28th March 2018.

We had tried to use laywer to help me get my passport copy with home office stamp to send to concil. That we can get Marry.

However no news for 2-3 months.
Pls someone know the information could help me out.
Many thanks.

Lubo
Moderator edit: mobile number removed under Board Ts&Cs.

Casa

Re: How to ask home office send my passport copy to council for marriage

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:46 pm

Even if the HO provide a copy of your passport, you may not have time to marry before the hearing date if the HO decide to interview you both before the marriage can go ahead. When the Registrar notifies them of your intent to marry, they can extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

babal23
Newly Registered

Re: How to ask home office send my passport copy to council for marriage

Post by babal23 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:01 pm

@admaning have you heard anything from HO for request of your passport photo copy ??? if you have can you please tell me how its been done ?