ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can my spouse apply BC?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maryleilm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Macau

When can my spouse apply BC?

Post by maryleilm » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:26 pm

Hi,

I have obtained my ILR october 2016 through the 10 year long stay route and I will be applying for my BC end of Jan 2018.

My husband was on PBS dependent and then changed to spouse visa shortly after I have obtained my ILR. My husband will be here in UK for 10 years coming september 2018 and will be applying the ILR through the 10 years long stay. My question is can he apply for the BC straight away after getting his ILR or he will still have to wait for a year to be eligible to apply for BC.

I have read a lot on the UKBA website and the questions asked by others here, to what I understand is that he should be able to apply the BC straight away after getting the ILR. But I will just like some confirmation that I am right. Thank you so much for the help.

Casa

Re: When can my spouse apply BC?

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:40 pm

maryleilm wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:26 pm
Hi,

I have obtained my ILR october 2016 through the 10 year long stay route and I will be applying for my BC end of Jan 2018.

My husband was on PBS dependent and then changed to spouse visa shortly after I have obtained my ILR. My husband will be here in UK for 10 years coming september 2018 and will be applying the ILR through the 10 years long stay. My question is can he apply for the BC straight away after getting his ILR or he will still have to wait for a year to be eligible to apply for BC.

I have read a lot on the UKBA website and the questions asked by others here, to what I understand is that he should be able to apply the BC straight away after getting the ILR. But I will just like some confirmation that I am right. Thank you so much for the help.
Assuming he can meet the standard requirements (absence limit etc), yes he can.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:29 pm

Assuming that you are granted British citizenship before he applies.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

maryleilm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Macau

Post by maryleilm » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Thank you so much for your help
:D

maryleilm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Macau

Post by maryleilm » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:04 pm

Sorry Just one more question to confirm. Can my husband apply the BC directly without applying for PR?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 pm

maryleilm wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:04 pm
Sorry Just one more question to confirm. Can my husband apply the BC directly without applying for PR?
No he cannot. Document certifying PR is mandatory to submit with citizenship applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:52 pm

Note also Vinny's post....your husband can only apply for BC immediately after PR/ILR once you have been granted Citizenship.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

maryleilm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Macau

Post by maryleilm » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Thank You so much for the reply.

I am just reviewing my form and all the documents for the application and I just got one more question.

With the evidence of legal residence, I can just send my passport with stamps of entry to the country to them? I was working for the past 5 years with P40s. However I took a career break from the august 2017 for one year to attend a full time course run by my church. However this is not a government established institute. I can ask for a letter from the school office as a prove of studying there full time. I am applying through NCS and now I am just worrying that this will affect my evidence of legal residence I am also worried that the NCS service I have applied to attend end of this month, the person might not take photocopies of every single entry stamp to UK on my passport.

Thank you so much again for the help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:34 pm

Employment is NOT mandatory.

Passports are sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.