ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Saulsaul
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: After ceremony , passport?

Post by Saulsaul » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:43 pm
Saulsaul wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:38 pm
Hi guys ,I have done my ceremony on 19/12, but I have still received my passport yet . Applied for passport joint application.

Is there anything we have to do after the ceremony or they will know straight away and issued the passport for you ?

Can anyone tell me what's the BRP? Thank you.
Nothing you need to do. The Council will inform HO that you attended your ceremony and this should kick start the passport process/printing. Given the holiday season, there is likely a delay.

BRP = Biometric Residence Permit - if you have ILR you should have one which needs to be sent back to HO, usually within 5 days after your ceremony. If you have ILR as a sticker in your passport, then nothing to send back.

As an aside, why have you registered a new username?

member/Saulman/

This is not permitted.

multiple usernames (clic)

Hi, first of all thank buoy very much for replied withing the info. Well I have to wait then.

Reason for registered again actually I forgot my password on for the "Saulman" I have tried so many time to rest my password. But email never received so I can follow the instructions get my password back.

I would let you remove the "Saulman" account so I can have only this one. Sorry.

mmali

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by mmali » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:01 pm
mmali wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:55 pm
Dear Friends,
I applied for British Citizenship on 13-12-2017 and the HO has deducted its fee on 20-12-2017.i put the dates of my all fingerprints in UK aim the form. I have not heard from them yet.
My friend who applied same day as me has received his biometric fingerprints invitation letter 20-12-2017.
I am worried about and they has not sent me back the original documents like my wife passport yet too.
Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks
You will get a letter when it is sent out and once the backlog from the festive period clears. You don't get your original documents back while your application is being processed. You only get them back shortly before or shortly after you receive your approval letter.
Thanks CR001
I have given all the dates of my fingerprint in my BC application , a friend of mine said sometime if you provide the dates of your fingerprint in your application they do not sent fingerprint invitation letter. Is this true?
My solicitor have sent my wife original British Passport along with my application.If i need it how can i get it from Home office.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:19 pm

Thanks CR001
I have given all the dates of my fingerprint in my BC application , a friend of mine said sometime if you provide the dates of your fingerprint in your application they do not sent fingerprint invitation letter. Is this true?

Nonsense. You are required to submit biometric (fingerprints and digital photo) with every application you submit to HO.
My solicitor have sent my wife original British Passport along with my application.If i need it how can i get it from Home office.
Suggest keep checking with your solicitor that the letter is not there for biomerics. You have 15 days to enrol them. Why did your solicitor send the original passport of your spouse? A certified copy would have been sufficient. Also, you could have saved money by simply applying through NCS at the council as you would have been able to keep all your original documents and you would have been able to apply for citizenship and passport at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

En1gma
Newly Registered

Post by En1gma » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Hello,

Not sure if this is the proper thread for my question.

I applied for naturalisation via JCAP. Reading through the forum, I saw some posts whereby people received text messages from the Passport Office confirming the application had been received. Whilst money has been charged to my card, I have not received any notification since applying in December. Should I be concerned? :?

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:31 pm

No its not like that u receive message only when u apply only passport from them.

mmali

Post by mmali » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:19 pm
Thanks CR001

Nonsense. You are required to submit biometric (fingerprints and digital photo) with every application you submit to HO.
Suggest keep checking with your solicitor that the letter is not there for biomerics. You have 15 days to enrol them. Why did your solicitor send the original passport of your spouse? A certified copy would have been sufficient. Also, you could have saved money by simply applying through NCS at the council as you would have been able to keep all your original documents and you would have been able to apply for citizenship and passport at the same time.
Finally got my Fingerprint done on 08-01-2018.But the Home Office just sent acknowledgment letter and the biometric letter. I was thinking The Home Office will send my wife passport. But they hold my passport,BRP and my wife passport. Despite in the form in Ticked the box that I will return the BRP .It looks that they will not send anything until decision is made.
My question If i need my wife passport after few months or six months (If the decision is not made within timeline) ,Is there any way i can get it back without withdrawing my application?

Thanks

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:08 pm

mmali wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:25 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:19 pm
Thanks CR001

Finally got my Fingerprint done on 08-01-2018.But the Home Office just sent acknowledgment letter and the biometric letter. I was thinking The Home Office will send my wife passport. But they hold my passport,BRP and my wife passport. Despite in the form in Ticked the box that I will return the BRP .It looks that they will not send anything until decision is made.
My question If i need my wife passport after few months or six months (If the decision is not made within timeline) ,Is there any way i can get it back without withdrawing my application?

Thanks
https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

MAK13
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by MAK13 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi everyone,
I am a Netherlands national, (self sufficient) and my spouse is non-eea national. Recently we received our permanent residence card/biometric residence card respectively, after our joint eea-pr application was successful. (A seven month wait!)
We had the comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI) during the required 5 years (necessary for self sufficient eea category).
My question is : now that we have our permanent residence status, do we have to continue with CSI for the Naturalisation process for my spouse? (I don’t intend applying for Naturalisation as I would then lose my Netherlands nationality)
Is CSI required for her Naturalisation application?
Many thanks for your assistance.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:06 pm

@MAK13
Once you and spouse qualified for PR you are free from immigration restrictions and therefore CSI is no longer required (same as for ILR under UK regulations).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

MAK13
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by MAK13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:46 am

Hi alterhase58,
Many thanks for your prompt and very helpful reply. This forum website is a great!
MAK13

En1gma
Newly Registered

Post by En1gma » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:56 pm

iffi786 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:31 pm
No its not like that u receive message only when u apply only passport from them.
Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

rs315
Newly Registered

Post by rs315 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 pm

Hi everyone.

I do hope it's ok to post this question here.

I'm planning on applying for BC after I've been issued with PR. I was once an overstayer prior to marriage to an EEA individual in 2007. So my question is, does my legal stay in the UK starts at the time of the marriage or at the time of the family permit issue which is 2009.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:38 am

rs315 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 pm
Hi everyone.

I'm planning on applying for BC after I've been issued with PR. I was once an overstayer prior to marriage to an EEA individual in 2007. So my question is, does my legal stay in the UK starts at the time of the marriage or at the time of the family permit issue which is 2009.

Thanks
'Legal stay', assuming you married an EU national, starts from the date of marriage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rs315
Newly Registered

Post by rs315 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:38 am
rs315 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 pm
Hi everyone.

Thanks
'Legal stay', assuming you married an EU national, starts from the date of marriage.
Thank you CR001. Yes EU national as oppose to 🙈EEA individual. I just really pray that my PR comes through so that I can start the Naturalisation process ASAP. Life will become so much easier.

Flordelis
Newly Registered

Post by Flordelis » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Good afternoon! I'm really confused. Hope it's OK to post here, can't find a topic for my question. Couldn't find any information on the official gov website so hoping someone can help me.
The question is can I apply for british passport as a wife of BC if we don't live together. Not divorced yet, just don't live together. I've got the ILR since 2014.
Thank you in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Flordelis wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:15 pm
Good afternoon! I'm really confused. Hope it's OK to post here, can't find a topic for my question. Couldn't find any information on the official gov website so hoping someone can help me.
The question is can I apply for british passport as a wife of BC if we don't live together. Not divorced yet, just don't live together. I've got the ILR since 2014.
Thank you in advance
The requirement is to be married. If you are separated but still married you can still apply as spouse of BC. If you have held ILR since 2014, then you likely have more than 5 years residence and can apply for citizenship in your own right based on 5 years residence anyway.

You have to apply to naturalise as a citizen on form AN. Passport is a different and separate process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Flordelis
Newly Registered

Post by Flordelis » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:23 pm
Flordelis wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:15 pm
Thank you in advance
The requirement is to be married. If you are separated but still married you can still apply as spouse of BC. If you have held ILR since 2014, then you likely have more than 5 years residence and can apply for citizenship in your own right based on 5 years residence anyway.

You have to apply to naturalise as a citizen on form AN. Passport is a different and separate process.
Thank you very much! 😃

insainet
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by insainet » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:17 pm

Hello,

I had my citizenship ceremony last Wednesday (10/01) and had returned my BRP on the same day.

However, I have booked a ticket way before to return to my home country this weekend and I might not be possible to receive the passport in time. May I ask if there is anyway I can obtain an emergency travel document and ask somebody else to collect my passport?

Thanks a lot/

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:19 pm

insainet wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:17 pm
Hello,

I had my citizenship ceremony last Wednesday (10/01) and had returned my BRP on the same day.

However, I have booked a ticket way before to return to my home country this weekend and I might not be possible to receive the passport in time. May I ask if there is anyway I can obtain an emergency travel document and ask somebody else to collect my passport?

Thanks a lot/
You won't be able to get an emergency travel document if you have never held a British Passport.

You should have postponed your ceremony till after your travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

insainet
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by insainet » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:19 pm
insainet wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:17 pm
Hello,

Thanks a lot/
You won't be able to get an emergency travel document if you have never held a British Passport.

You should have postponed your ceremony till after your travel.

Thank you for your reply. Yeah I know I should have but was too eager when planning my holiday. Nevermind I will have to wait then.

rcsam
Newly Registered

Post by rcsam » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi,

All those who received the approval letters - was it via tracked delivery, 1st class or 2nd class post? Also, does the invitation from the council arrive separate to the approval letter.

Thanks

mo_1
Newly Registered

Post by mo_1 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:16 pm

rcsam wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:50 pm
Hi,

All those who received the approval letters - was it via tracked delivery, 1st class or 2nd class post? Also, does the invitation from the council arrive separate to the approval letter.

Thanks
I got ceremony invitation no approval comes with first class royal mail

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:41 pm

The approval letter is sent 2nd class in A5 gray envelope.
The council letter postage depends on individual councils fancy.

Seph27
Newly Registered

Post by Seph27 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:26 am

rcsam wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:50 pm
Hi,

Thanks
Mine was a JCAP.
I got a single letter from Home Office conveying:
a. British citizenship approval and
b. Invitation to citizenship ceremony at my Local Authority.
The letter contained further instructions that I should contact my Local Authority within 21 days of the date of the letter to book my ceremony and thereafter return my BRP.
The letter came in an A-5 brown envelope with 2nd class Royal Mail postage.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:30 pm

I am not sure if I posted earlier but I had my private ceremony on 05th Jan 2018 and received passport on 12th Jan

Over the moon.. All done and dusted now.. No need to worry about anything hopefully.

Good luck to all of you.. Keep patient but chase UKbA