ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport problems (JCAP application)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chevchelios
Newly Registered

Passport problems (JCAP application)

Post by chevchelios » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:04 pm

Afternoon everyone,

I've attended my ceremony on the 28th November, after waiting a month and not receiving my passport, I've rang the Passport Office last week, they've informed me that they did not receive a conformation about my citizenship ceremony.
I've rang the Aberdeen registrars office, they claim that there is someone between them and the passport office that has been informed about my ceremony but has not passed that information on to the passport office. They've promised to remind them to send the information to the passport office.

Fast forward a week to today, the passport office still doesn't know anything. I've been given a number to the home office and eventually told to email citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and explain the situation.

Has anyone been in this situation or can I do anything else to get my passport?

Cheers!

chevchelios
Newly Registered

Re: Passport problems (JCAP application)

Post by chevchelios » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:26 am

Bump!

No reply to the email...

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:08 am

Contact your council again maybe? I had my passport within a matter of days after the ceremony.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:32 pm

chevchelios wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:26 am
Bump!

No reply to the email...
There not always quick to reply, sometimes weeks. Phone your NCS and request they send your attendance notification again.