ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reapplying for PR Through Express Entry

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wanderer413
Newly Registered
United States of America

Reapplying for PR Through Express Entry

Post by wanderer413 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:27 am

Hi everyone, my query is that if I am unable to meet the residency requirement for Permanent Residence and if I lose my status will I be able to re-apply for PR again (given current laws etc.). If yes, then does the fact that I lost the PR status due to unmet residency obligation have any negative bearing on the new PR application? If you answer, can you please mention the source (CIC website etc.) or whether your answer is based on the fact that since the CIC does not specifically mentions this case it implies that having lost previous PR status has no implication on a new application.

PS: I understand that one does not lose status automatically if the residency requirement is not met, but my question is for the scenario where one does lose the status.

Thanks!