ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post Study work Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kingkhann
Newly Registered

Post Study work Visa

Post by kingkhann » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:23 pm

Can anyone explain about recently changes made by UK home office about work permit to Int'l student.

What are the criteria? who are eligible and how it work? how to apply etc.

as I am unable to get more information about that visa category from Internet.

Is this same as PSW?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Post Study work Visa

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:59 pm

I think you may be thinking of the expansion of the Tier 4 pilot scheme, or perhaps a recent small change to the Tier 2 rules, but if so you have misunderstood them.

Under the Tier 4 pilot scheme students applying for a visa to study a one-year Masters at one of 23 UK universities in the 2018/19 academic year will be granted an extra 6 months at the end of their visa, not the normal extra 4 months. This will allow a little extra time for finding a job with which to transfer to Tier 2. See https://thepienews.com/news/uk-study-vi ... d-23-heis/

Separately, from yesterday someone switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 does not need to wait until they have their results before their employer can issue the CoS. The employer can issue it as soon as the student has completed the course. However, some jobs may be conditional on achieving the qualification, so it would make no different in that case. See Immigration Rules, paragraph 245HD(d)(i). The Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsor guidance issued this week does not appear to have been updated to reflect this.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.