ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bathroom11

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by Bathroom11 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:02 pm

shankar981 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:39 pm
Bathroom11 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 pm
praveenk wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:05 pm
Hi

Is anyone applied in oct 1st week 2017 still waiting for decision?

seems like lot of people got their approval from October, panicking situation :?
Don't panic probably your case worker has some personal issue with your case like rest of us people who didn't get their approval case workers enjoy the power they have to make us suffer what I don't understand is ok let's say our cases or so difficult to decide due to some questions in their heads so why don't they just contact us straightaway and ask for more documents or ask for answers would be more than happy to give you an answer what I feel is basically the caseworker takes his time trying to find anything to fail your application that's why sometimes they take the whole 6 months searching for anything if not then they sadly forced to give approvals but I have to admit they are quick like a rocket to get the fees
Frustrating wait! Will there be an email/approval letter sent once the decision is made?
No nothing at all unpredictable I know some people they didn't even get confirmation email or letter for their applications and they just got approval letter straightaway I know myself always unlucky they will take their full 6 months like when I applied for PR so I should freeze my brain until end of March

baddy

Post by baddy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Bathroom11 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:02 pm
shankar981 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:39 pm
Bathroom11 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 pm
praveenk wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:05 pm
Hi

Is anyone applied in oct 1st week 2017 still waiting for decision?

seems like lot of people got their approval from October, panicking situation :?
Don't panic probably your case worker has some personal issue with your case like rest of us people who didn't get their approval case workers enjoy the power they have to make us suffer what I don't understand is ok let's say our cases or so difficult to decide due to some questions in their heads so why don't they just contact us straightaway and ask for more documents or ask for answers would be more than happy to give you an answer what I feel is basically the caseworker takes his time trying to find anything to fail your application that's why sometimes they take the whole 6 months searching for anything if not then they sadly forced to give approvals but I have to admit they are quick like a rocket to get the fees
Frustrating wait! Will there be an email/approval letter sent once the decision is made?
No nothing at all unpredictable I know some people they didn't even get confirmation email or letter for their applications and they just got approval letter straightaway I know myself always unlucky they will take their full 6 months like when I applied for PR so I should freeze my brain until end of March
Freeze your brain till April 30.

Frankie14
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Frankie14 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:20 pm

Hiya still waiting too.... applied 6th Oct. Very frustrating!

Malu
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Malu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:01 pm

I'm in the same boat. Applied on the 20th October and on the 24th of November, I received a letter requesting proof of residence from January 2010 to March 2015. As my passport for that was lost. I sent to them the letter from my employer confirming employment since 2006.
I included some pay slips and p60s but one year was missing. I am really really frustrated as most of October applications got their approval letters.
This application is so important that i keep on thinking of the outcome every minute.

Babag391
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Babag391 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:36 am

Hi, why they ask you 2010-15 while you applied naturalization in 2018. Requirement is last five years. Anyway you will get positive result. Atleast they consider your application. I applied on 26th September 2017 but no response yet. Stay positive and confident.

PlayStation
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by PlayStation » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:06 am

Guys, you all need to be patient. If your application is still within the 6-month period. Some applications are quite straightforward while others are not. Mine is an example. I applied in August, 2017 and was getting frustrated like everyone else when I didn’t hear from the HO the whole of last year. Although I knew my application wasn’t so straightforward, I was still hoping I would get an approval within a few months. I sent 2 emails and even rang the HO a couple of times but it was thesame generic answer I got.
However, yesterday my caseworker called me and had a chat with me. He was very polite and he explained to me that even though because of a previous non-custodial sentence ( ie CAUTION in 2015) my application would normally be automatically refused. This is because of the 3 year period for non-custodial sentences. However, because of my service to the country, there could be an exceptional discretionary waiver in my case. So he has asked me to produce some more documents. So, contrary to popular belief, the caseworkers are not always there to get you. Also, my advice to anyone with a CAUTION or any non- custodial sentence,wait for at least 3 years before you apply. I know most people already know this anyway.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:11 am

PlayStation wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:06 am
So, contrary to popular belief, the caseworkers are not always there to get you.
Very true and I wish members would just realise that HO are only doing their jobs and making sure all those who granted the privilege of citizenship are good upstanding citizens.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Babag391
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Babag391 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi, can we send covering letter to caseworker after applying the file?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Babag391 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Hi, can we send covering letter to caseworker after applying the file?
A letter for what purpose??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Babag391
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Babag391 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:53 pm

I messed up my employment history dates

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:03 pm

Babag391 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:53 pm
I messed up my employment history dates
If you have a case reference ID, then you could.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:38 pm

PlayStation wrote:
Guys, you all need to be patient. If your application is still within the 6-month period. Some applications are quite straightforward while others are not. Mine is an example. I applied in August, 2017 and was getting frustrated like everyone else when I didn’t hear from the HO the whole of last year. Although I knew my application wasn’t so straightforward, I was still hoping I would get an approval within a few months. I sent 2 emails and even rang the HO a couple of times but it was thesame generic answer I got.
However, yesterday my caseworker called me and had a chat with me. He was very polite and he explained to me that even though because of a previous non-custodial sentence ( ie CAUTION in 2015) my application would normally be automatically refused. This is because of the 3 year period for non-custodial sentences. However, because of my service to the country, there could be an exceptional discretionary waiver in my case. So he has asked me to produce some more documents. So, contrary to popular belief, the caseworkers are not always there to get you. Also, my advice to anyone with a CAUTION or any non- custodial sentence,wait for at least 3 years before you apply. I know most people already know this anyway.
Hi mate
Thank you for sharing your experience to help other members. I applied 2015 and had a driving offence on 2006 which been cleared on 2010 and nothing after 2006 No any caution or non custodial sentence but still waiting for a decision on my Naturalization application.Today is 17/01/2018.If you don't mind please can I ask what was your non- custodial sentence regarding to and what sort of document did they ask to send to them? Thanks

PlayStation
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by PlayStation » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Hi Max, I received a Caution for allowing a friend to drive my car whilst not having insurance. So in other words, my friend at the time wasn’t insured to drive the vehicle. The car was legally on the road though (insured, taxed and Mot’d) and I was insured to drive it as well. My only crime was not physically checking if my mate had insurance before allowing him to drive the vehicle.
The docs he’s asking for are in relation to my service on operational tours with the Army. That to them, says a lot about my true character as a person. Hence, the caution COULD be overlooked.

Frankie14
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Frankie14 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:30 pm

Just seen someone who applied on 24th Dec get their approval. It's a total lie that they do it in date order. I understand the need to be patient and it's not been 6 months but it so disheartening :-( .

I hope we all get good news soon!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:33 pm

Frankie14 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:30 pm
Just seen someone who applied on 24th Dec get their approval. It's a total lie that they do it in date order. I understand the need to be patient and it's not been 6 months but it so disheartening :-( .

I hope we all get good news soon!
The new online form service is likely the reason the user got a speedy response.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:23 pm

Maxmilan wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:38 pm
PlayStation wrote:
Hi mate
Thank you for sharing your experience to help other members. I applied 2015 and had a driving offence on 2006 which been cleared on 2010 and nothing after 2006 No any caution or non custodial sentence but still waiting for a decision on my Naturalization application.Today is 17/01/2018.If you don't mind please can I ask what was your non- custodial sentence regarding to and what sort of document did they ask to send to them? Thanks
Thank you PlayStation
My offence was driving a car without insurance and got 8 penalties in the court.I am not sure if the delay on my application is regarding this matter which happened about 12 years ago.This is about 26 months which I am waiting for my application.
Good Luck to you and everybody waiting for their Naturalization application.

PlayStation
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by PlayStation » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:49 pm

You’re welcome Max. All the best to you too. I reckon that might be the reason behind the delay. If you’re given a chance to explain yourself via face to face or on the phone interview, just try to give a good account of yourself. How you’ve changed to a better person after that incident, pointing out you haven’t committed any other offence since then. Wish you all the best.

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:20 pm

They would b ask about your driving offence or before ilr u were in refugee status .

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:57 pm

iffi786 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:20 pm
They would b ask about your driving offence or before ilr u were in refugee status .
Hi mate
Have you got any experience in this?Thanks

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 pm

PlayStation wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:49 pm
You’re welcome Max. All the best to you too. I reckon that might be the reason behind the delay. If you’re given a chance to explain yourself via face to face or on the phone interview, just try to give a good account of yourself. How you’ve changed to a better person after that incident, pointing out you haven’t committed any other offence since then. Wish you all the best.
Thank you.They already invited me to attend an interview in February.

Babag391
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Babag391 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:10 am

Hi guys, i wanna ask you question regarding tax...in 2010 i got 75 points for my degree (MBA Provision). In ext i presented net prifit 33000 july to december but in april 29500 remaing were the expenses( i need 30 points and 29000 earnings required). My Ilr from 1st january 2014 to december 2014 i presented 30000 net profit but paid tax 25226 remaing expenses to cover next three months and also 4425 add to year ended 2013-14 but net profit 225. Year 2013-14 i paid ni 1250 and over paid tax 1044. Now confused, should need to show hmrc same earning as home office.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:55 am

Babag391 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:10 am
Hi guys, i wanna ask you question regarding tax...in 2010 i got 75 points for my degree (MBA Provision). In ext i presented net prifit 33000 july to december but in april 29500 remaing were the expenses( i need 30 points and 29000 earnings required). My Ilr from 1st january 2014 to december 2014 i presented 30000 net profit but paid tax 25226 remaing expenses to cover next three months and also 4425 add to year ended 2013-14 but net profit 225. Year 2013-14 i paid ni 1250 and over paid tax 1044. Now confused, should need to show hmrc same earning as home office.
This topic is NOT for general questions and advice. It is a status update topic ONLY.

Please start your own topic with your circumstances and questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kb8551
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by kb8551 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 pm

Applied for citizenship (10 years long residence + 1 ILR) on 12th August (more than 5 months ago) through council's NCS service but still waiting for the decision letter. I'm based in London. Anyone else in the same situation?

checco223
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by checco223 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:06 pm

Maxmilan wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 pm
PlayStation wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:49 pm
Thank you.They already invited me to attend an interview in February.
Hi Max,
I was one of the July applicant , I've had the same thing (criminal record) you had and didn't affect my application in any way as I was approved (the 3 years has lapsed before the application date) . I got caught driving a friend's car in 2012 without third party insurance. I had my license revoked and paid a fine of over £250. Furthermore, I had couple of speeding issues too(speed awareness course,fine and points) in those in the 12months of my application. So normally that shouldn't fail your application base on my own experience and what is said on the AN guideline form unless:
1) you didn't inform them (on your AN form)
2) if fined, you didn't settle the full payment

If the above are met, definitely that side won't fail your application. So what I would say be a bit patient as I was worried to death probably thinking what you are thinking now. All the best and good luck my dear!

akay11
Newly Registered

Post by akay11 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:49 pm

kb8551 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 pm
Applied for citizenship (10 years long residence + 1 ILR) on 12th August (more than 5 months ago) through council's NCS service but still waiting for the decision letter. I'm based in London. Anyone else in the same situation?
I applied during end of July 2017 and received approval letter this week. I am hopeful that you would receive your approval letter by end of Jan 2018. Usually they inform applicant if any case is going to take more than 6 months. All the best.