ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Naturalisation after more than 90 days outside the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

6pandn21
Nepal

Applying for Naturalisation after more than 90 days outside the UK

Post by 6pandn21 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:44 am

I got my ILR on August 2017 through the 10 years long residency and have been outside of the UK since November and plan to still be outside of the UK till around the end of April.

I am not in a hurry to get the Citizenship but had a few questions just in case.
  • Am I correct in assuming that I won't be able to apply for 'Naturalisation' up until April 2019 (once I return to the UK on April 2018) since I will have been outside the UK for more than 90 days in the last 12 months?
  • Is there any other possible 'complications' that I should be aware of which may make it worthwhile for me to return by the end of this month and not be outside the UK for more than 90 days?