ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Need Help - Spouse Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU
Brightsun12
Newly Registered

Need Help - Spouse Visa

Post by Brightsun12 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:44 pm

I hope my email finds you well.
Just wanted to have a brief advise from yourself on my situation.
I am married to a British Citizen ( Unfortunately it was my love marriage) , my wife is a Hindu from religion & I am Muslim.
Both of us were married in July 2015 , everything went very well at the start of even those were my life’s wonderful days but from the past 8 or 9th months my life has changed.
It’s been almost the same time that we don’t have sexual relationship with each other , she don’t allow me to talk to my family back home , I am not allowed to make Muslim friends , and she has started demanding to change my religion, this is the reason that I am not allowed to have baby as she thinks he will be Muslim too.
I am suffering from serious anxiety & stress related issues more precisely my GP have given strong Sleeping pills as I literally can’t sleep as my mind is thinking constantly.
I left my family back home and chose my wife but now our relationship is almost over.
My GP have recommended me to counselling which I am getting once a week.
During one of counselling sessions the lady advised me to try and bring my wife in one of the sessions which can help in resolving our situation.
Now last weekend I tried to convince my wife to take her to the session on the coming week but she started arguing and shouted very badly , it happened in the morning but some how I tried to calm things up .
In the evening I warm up dinner for her and she started arguing about that the food was not warm properly and started arguing very badly again, at the end she asked me leave the house kept my wallet , house keys , car keys and I was in the cold night for almost 4 Hours , finally I had to call the police for help as it was too cold and I was literally shivering.
When police came she firstly didn’t agreed to let me in but than when police tried to explain her she left herself and asked the police that her solicitor will sort the wrest.
Can you please help as I am on her depended visa , I have LTD company as well and since than she is not answering my calls.
Please advise what can I do if she divorced me .
I would really appreciate your help.

marcnath

Re: Need Help - Spouse Visa

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:47 am

How long is your visa valid for ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Brightsun12
Newly Registered

Post by Brightsun12 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:54 am

6 months

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:04 am

Brightsun12 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:54 am
6 months
When did you come to UK ?

I assume this your initial dependant Visa.

Unfortunately, it does not look like you have many easy options.

Since you have a business, you could try to apply for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. But you will need to leave the country and apply for that.

Talk to a lawyer - the other option is to apply for a settlement based on Domestic violence. Not sure if leaving you out in the cold for 4 hours qualifies, but there may be other things that a lawyer can build a case on.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

CR001

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:05 am

Brightsun12 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:54 am
6 months
What visa category is that is only valid for 6 months?

What is the visa start date and visa expiry date?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Brightsun12
Newly Registered

Post by Brightsun12 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:54 am

I am on a spouse visa which first given for 2.5 years,
6 due for the extension.
I am actually on 5 year route.
I have been in the UK for 8 years.

Your replies are highly appreciated,

CR001

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:56 am

Your partner was required to inform HO on the specific link that your relationship is no longer subsisting.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nsent-form

You will need to find a visa you qualify for and apply or if you are the victim of domestic abuse, look at that route (not easy) but you will need substantial evidence to prove DV.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Brightsun12
Newly Registered

Post by Brightsun12 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:39 pm

Thanks for the very valuable information.
I didn’t know about this catogery!
What evidence do you I need to submit,
I have reported police twice , I am also taking regular counceling sessions , I have also spoke to GP about my sleeping n stress problems due to my issues at home way before the last incident.
Wht else do I need to show them?

Many Thanks

CR001

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:48 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)