ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife used the system to get her stay

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anon786
Newly Registered

My wife used the system to get her stay

Post by Anon786 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:36 am

Hello friends,

So my wife came from Pakistan to the UK May 2017, everything was great I was happy, you know the usual. However I noticed my wife at every opportunity to be miserable, being rude to my family etc. Completely different woman to whom I knew, but I thought she's she just gathering her bearings and this a new environment.

Day 29 of the marriage she called the police crying the whole show, I have no idea, I answer the door and think what the hell is going on. She's telling the police she's being starved, she's not being let out, everything she can think of. She states to the policeman "I want to go with you I don't feel safe here". I'm on the verge of tears, no idea what's going on, I went with the police and spent a night and day in the cell. To this day I have no idea what happend, but one thing I can be certain is she was coached by relatives and knew exactly what steps to take and leave the marriage.

Fast forward today, 2018! I received a call from the officer dealing with my case, has told me the investigation has closed and they investigated throughly.
Finally a nightmare over. I would like to know friends are there any steps I can take against my ex wife? She based an application on alleged domestic violence and this has been proven to untrue. Please I would appreciate any advice, I'm sorry I'm writing concisely, or not making sense. This whole ordeal still shocks me, I thought me and wife would have long future and she played me and the UK system.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: My wife used the system to get her stay

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:55 am

Best thing to do imho, leave her alone and carry on with your life.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:10 am

You mention your 'ex-wife' . Are you actually divorced, or separated? As your wife's sponsor, you are required to notify the Home Office of the breakdown of your relationship (link below). They may, or may not curtail her current visa before the expiry date, but in order for her to apply for an extension as your Spouse she would need your support.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nsent-form

An application under Domestic Violence requires solid evidence from police/GP/womens refuge etc and with police reporting the case has been dropped, this may prove difficult for her.

Unfortunately, your story isn't uncommon. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:41 pm

Lack of prosecution does not always equate to a person being untruthful.

It just mean that there are insufficient evidence to realistically secure a conviction.

I know you may be an innocent person, but statistics shows a sizeable minorities of Asian men do treat their newly wedded brides badly.

Sometime the bad flock put a dent in the character of the good folks.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors