ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing benefit with dlr grant 2012/02/17

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Afrapasse
Mood:
Algeria

Housing benefit with dlr grant 2012/02/17

Post by Afrapasse » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:04 am

My wife British citizen

And I'm on DLR ,The first DLR was granted on 17/02/2012 till 17/02/2015The extension of DLR was applied before the expiry date and was granted on 02/03/2015 till 02/03/2018

My Question is we receive some help for housing benefit , is it problem wen I apply for ilr ?
On my BRP there is no mark about public funds

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Housing benefit with dlr grant 2012/02/17

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:53 am

My Question is we receive some help for housing benefit , is it problem wen I apply for ilr ?
No but the claim can only be a single person claim in your spouse's name. They will however take all income into account to determine what your spouse might qualify for.

Kindly also refrain from tagging onto other users posts to get someone's attention.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Afrapasse
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Afrapasse » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:53 am
No but the claim can only be a single person claim in your spouse's name. They will however take all income into account to determine what your spouse might qualify for.

Kindly also refrain from tagging onto other users posts to get someone's attention.
THanks for the answer
The claim on my wife neme but they pay as couple

Afrapasse
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Afrapasse » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:40 am

CR001 wrote:

Plz and what about
" All those granted DL have full access to employment and access to benefits on the
same basis as British citizens and will have been living in the UK for at least two and
a half years under these conditions – in many cases considerably longer. It is
appropriate and entirely reasonable, to require them to pay a fee to extend their
leave to remain in the UK in the same way as any other migrant. The fee reflects the
cost of processing their applications and the benefits conferred from legally residing
in the UK. FAS applying for leave in order to exercise an ECHR right, such as on the basis of their family or private life, can apply for the fee to be waived under the fee waiver policy in the same way as any other migrant.

Afrapasse
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Afrapasse » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Thanks for help

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:09 pm

Afrapasse wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:40 am
CR001 wrote:

Plz and what about
" All those granted DL have full access to employment and access to benefits on the
same basis as British citizens and will have been living in the UK for at least two and
appropriate and entirely reasonable, to require them to pay a fee to extend their
leave to remain in the UK in the same way as any other migrant. The fee reflects the
cost of processing their applications and the benefits conferred from legally residing
in the UK. FAS applying for leave in order to exercise an ECHR right, such as on the basis of their family or private life, can apply for the fee to be waived under the fee waiver policy in the same way as any other migrant.
Please note, although you may be eligible to claim public funds, public funds carry their own set of rules and eligibility criteria.

If you are not granted a public fund, it may not be because of immigration purposes but rather eligibility criteria that you may or may not be meeting.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Afrapasse
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Afrapasse » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:00 pm

CMOSUK wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:09 pm
Afrapasse wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:40 am
CR001 wrote:

Plz and what about
Please note, although you may be eligible to claim public funds, public funds carry their own set of rules and eligibility criteria.

If you are not granted a public fund, it may not be because of immigration purposes but rather eligibility criteria that you may or may not be meeting.

On my second dlr I was receiving housing benefit with my wife without any problem so now I think is the same

Afrapasse
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Afrapasse » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:45 am

you been in this situation before and you know how it is stressful I know accidentally I post my My question here

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 am

Afrapasse wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:45 am
you been in this situation before and you know how it is stressful I know accidentally I post my My question here
Not accidentally, you posted it in your ILR topic too. Maybe you are simply trying to post duplicate to get immediate responses.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Afrapasse
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Afrapasse » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:02 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 am
Afrapasse wrote:
Not accidentally, you posted it in your ILR topic too. Maybe you are simply trying to post duplicate to get immediate responses.
Is up to You believe it or not with out looking just I saw last notification from cmosk and replay without looking anyway the most important thing I need help for my question because I have four days left if you don't know the answer fine thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:03 am

Afrapasse wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:02 am
CR001 wrote:
Afrapasse wrote:
Is up to You believe it or not with out looking just I saw last notification from cmosk and replay without looking anyway the most important thing I need help for my question because I have four days left if you don't know the answer fine thank you
Please continue your questions in your other topic regarding ILR form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:25 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:03 am
Afrapasse wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:02 am
CR001 wrote:
Afrapasse wrote:
Please continue your questions in your other topic regarding ILR form.
CR001could you post the link and I will answer in that one regarding the OP questions, I can't seem to find their topic.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:28 am

CMOSUK wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:25 am
CR001could you post the link and I will answer in that one regarding the OP questions, I can't seem to find their topic.
One you have already offered substantial advice on.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-after-6- ... l#p1585678
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:31 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:28 am
CMOSUK wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:25 am
One you have already offered substantial advice on.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-after-6- ... l#p1585678
Ahh that one. Thank you Madam.