ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed plz !! at the time of renewal can I switch from 10 to 5 years route

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aldo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Morocco

Post by aldo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 am

Hi everybody, I'd appreciate any genuine advice please on a subject that I have been confused about.

I am currently on a 10 years route visa based on family life my first 2 years and half will end next month. After getting married to my british partner I am now thinking to switch to 5 years route (spouse). we meet the financial requirements and I can pass the language test. My questions are :
- at the time of making an application to renew my leave to remain( 10 years route) can I switch to 5 years route ? what would happen if I get refusal, taking into consideration the refusal letter might reach me by the time or just before my original LR expires
- is it true that if I am refused to be put on 5 years route i'd automatically be put back on the 2nd period of the 10 years route I am currently on.

Many thanks in advance

aldo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Morocco

Post by aldo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi everybody, I'd appreciate any genuine advice please on a subject that I have been confused about.

I am currently on a 10 years route visa based on family life my first 2 years and half will end next month. After getting married to my british partner I am now thinking to switch to 5 years route (spouse). we meet the financial requirement and I can pass the language test. My questions are :
- at the time of making the application to renew my leave to remain( 10 years route) can I switch to 5 years route ? what would happen if I get refusal, taking into consideration the refusal letter might reach me by the time or just before my original LR expires
- is it true that if I am refused to be put on 5 years route i'd automatically be put back on the 2nd period of the 10 years route I am currently on.

Many thanks in advance

aldo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Morocco

PLEASE ANYBODY ADVICE DESPERATELEY NEEDED

Post by aldo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 pm

PLEASE ANYBODY CAN ADVISE I WOULD APPRECIATE IT ASAP
I am currently on a 10 years route visa based on family life being with my british wife. my first LR period is due for renewal in 10 days I have all documents ready with application waiting to be posted ASA I get a genuine advice from anyone here. I am now thinking to switch to 5 years route (spouse). we meet the financial requirement and I can pass English language requirement . I want to know please if I can I switch from 10 years route to 5 years route instead of applying for Further Leave to remain on 10 years route ? what would happen if I get refusal, taking into consideration if refusal was decided the letter might reach me by the time my current LR expires. If I was to be refused being put on 5 years route would I be automatically put back on the 2nd period of the 10 years route I am currently on without me making another application. PLEASW ADVISE!

MANY THANKS

aldo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Morocco

Re: help needed plz !!

Post by aldo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:44 pm

any advice from Obie? Cheers