ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

January 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Noname36
inactive
Australia

Re: January 2018 Restricted COS

Post by Noname36 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:13 am

scottishindian wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:40 am
Anyone waiting for a decision still? I am assuming HO would complete decisioning in next two days unless some queries are pending. Still awaiting update on my case
I’m still waiting too - although I know it will be a refusal as people here getting rejections on similar points. I assume it’s just taking time to get around the notifying all the employers.

Evehan821
Newly Registered
China

Post by Evehan821 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:41 am

Noname36 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:13 am
scottishindian wrote:
Anyone waiting for a decision still? I am assuming HO would complete decisioning in next two days unless some queries are pending. Still awaiting update on my case
I’m still waiting too - although I know it will be a refusal as people here getting rejections on similar points. I assume it’s just taking time to get around the notifying all the employers.
My HR scheduled a meeting today to update me - so I guess I have been refused or there will be no meetings.. 45points refused in Dec and I guess Jan too.. will apply Feb again but with a different sponsor and a different score..
My lawyer updated me said she had 7 applicants, 5 of them approved between 50-60, and 2 of the 45 points got refused. So believe the cut off point is 50 this time, if the application is done correctly..

mschase
United States of America

Post by mschase » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:52 am

tej_san wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:34 pm
But, do you think HO has got time to evaluate each and every application when the demand is such a high! I am not sure those who got 'refused' have passed the RMLT and other evaluation.
Yes, I'm quite positive that HO still reviews each and every application thoroughly and requests for additional documents if necessary.

scottishindian
Mood:
India

Post by scottishindian » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:02 am

Sorry to hear about your case ! Best of luck for February !!

Thanks for the update as i can still hope for an approval at 65 points provided no issues with documentation. Hopefully, I will get to know by weekend.
Evehan821 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:41 am
Noname36 wrote:
scottishindian wrote:
My HR scheduled a meeting today to update me - so I guess I have been refused or there will be no meetings.. 45points refused in Dec and I guess Jan too.. will apply Feb again but with a different sponsor and a different score..
My lawyer updated me said she had 7 applicants, 5 of them approved between 50-60, and 2 of the 45 points got refused. So believe the cut off point is 50 this time, if the application is done correctly..

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:29 am

scottishindian wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:02 am
Sorry to hear about your case ! Best of luck for February !!

Thanks for the update as i can still hope for an approval at 65 points provided no issues with documentation. Hopefully, I will get to know by weekend.
Evehan821 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:41 am
Noname36 wrote:
scottishindian wrote:
Pls keep us posted if you get an Approval

chris5135
Newly Registered

Post by chris5135 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:25 am

I received a refusal yesterday (not rejection) at 35 points... good luck everyone who haven’t heard back!

tej_san
Mood:
India

Post by tej_san » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:53 pm

mschase wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:52 am
tej_san wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:34 pm
But, do you think HO has got time to evaluate each and every application when the demand is such a high! I am not sure those who got 'refused' have passed the RMLT and other evaluation.
Yes, I'm quite positive that HO still reviews each and every application thoroughly and requests for additional documents if necessary.
Thanks. If that is the case, it's positive sign for all 'refused' applicants that their RLMT/documentation have been validated positively and they have to just wait their turn in next months when the score is above the cut-off.

scottishindian
Mood:
India

Post by scottishindian » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:03 pm

Just received a confirmation from HR that my Rcos is approved. First time applied in Jan with 65 points and not in shortage occupation. Hopefully rest of us will get it in Feb and all the best !

kristelaustria
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kristelaustria » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi everyone,

May I know how they count the points for the COS? I am a Filipino Biomedical scientist applying from saudi arabia and just today, the COS application was refused and the HR said, they will apply again for the February Panel. Hoping and praying for the best this February.

Thanks!

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:30 am

Hello everyone
Received confirmation yesterday that my application was refused due to not having enough points.

I do not think that the HR department at the firm that want to hire me are fully aware of the current issue with high volume of applications and the points system.

They are very adamant that they want to try and appeal the decision but I am not sure if this is even possible or how they would go about doing it? I saw a couple of posters asking about appeals/application outside of monthly allocation and was wondering if their employers ended up doing it? because that seems to be what my hiring form are planning.

It is not very clear from the guidance what counts as an exceptional circumstance and they list few examples.

Would anybody know what type of circumstances they would consider? I am almost 100% this would not apply to me (I think maybe only health sectors would have some kind of case) however I also need to let my firm do what they want.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:32 am

kristelaustria wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 pm
Hi everyone,

May I know how they count the points for the COS? I am a Filipino Biomedical scientist applying from saudi arabia and just today, the COS application was refused and the HR said, they will apply again for the February Panel. Hoping and praying for the best this February.

Thanks!
Hello is your profession on the skilled shortages list or a PhD role? What is your salary? These things determine points.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:38 am

Also what do you think is the probability of those with 35 points and under being approved from COS in February?
Thanks!

Plabber_123
India

Post by Plabber_123 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:23 am

Friends, I will honestly tell you sometimes the point system does not make sense (may be it is just for us doctors). My friends with a salary of 32000 in non shortage occupation posts got their CoS on the 12th itself. Few with similar salaries have also got it.

Honestly most of us junior doctors who did not get our CoS this month are planning on applying for shortage specialties (A&E etc) just to get our foot into the UK so February may also be hard. I am sorry but hopefully this will be resolved in April.

aragorn
Newly Registered
India

Post by aragorn » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:31 am

Plabber_123 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:23 am
Friends, I will honestly tell you sometimes the point system does not make sense (may be it is just for us doctors). My friends with a salary of 32000 in non shortage occupation posts got their CoS on the 12th itself. Few with similar salaries have also got it.

Honestly most of us junior doctors who did not get our CoS this month are planning on applying for shortage specialties (A&E etc) just to get our foot into the UK so February may also be hard. I am sorry but hopefully this will be resolved in April.
Is it possible for you to find out if it was normal approval or outside monthly quota?

Thanks.

tej_san
Mood:
India

Post by tej_san » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:05 am

Hopeful42 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:38 am
Also what do you think is the probability of those with 35 points and under being approved from COS in February?
Thanks!
Was it your first attempt? If not, what's the result of earlier applications?

If anyone has noticed, there is not a single 'rejection' posted by anyone during this month! Everyone got refused. While in Oct/Nov, there were many posts of 'rejection' ! Does that mean HO is satisfied with all the 'refused' applications, but couldn't approve it just because of lower score than the cut-off?

I've been highlighting this point, but not getting clear idea.

The reason I've been asking this is that those who got 'refused' in Dec/Jan may be asked to do RLMT again if HO reviews their applications in Feb/Mar and feels so. In such situation, we are not aware for last 2-3 months whether our documentation/RLMT etc is perfect. Obviously, I, as a 'refused' applicant', don't want to hear that my RLMT was not done properly after 3-4 months. If we atleast get to know sooner, we can start doing that now. Otherwise, you will get a surprise after failed attempts for 3-4 months that what you've been doing in last 3-4 months, was not correct!

Hope all 'refused' applicants understand this before hoping for next month's reapplication!

Asking again, anyone got 'rejected' (not 'refused') this month?

kristelaustria
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kristelaustria » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:31 am

Hopeful42 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:32 am
kristelaustria wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Hello is your profession on the skilled shortages list or a PhD role? What is your salary? These things determine points.
Hi! My profession is under the Occupations skilled to PhD level, SOC 2112 and they offered me around 26,600. though, Biomedical scientist is not in the shortage occupation list. I am not sure how many points I will get, given this category. Can you give me any idea about this? I have been reading some of the topics here but i am not sure about the occupations that each one have.

SJTUMARK
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by SJTUMARK » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:49 pm

Why is it so quiet now? Anyone still anxiously waiting for the result from HR like me?

Avacadotoast
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Post by Avacadotoast » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:04 pm

Hey, I’m still waiting. Why is it taking so long? How many points you have? Was your request submitted before 5 Jan? And was it also submitted back in December?

hamoodkhatib
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by hamoodkhatib » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:07 pm

Avacadotoast wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:04 pm
Hey, I’m still waiting. Why is it taking so long? How many points you have? Was your request submitted before 5 Jan? And was it also submitted back in December?
You guys are not the only one. I am waiting too :)

Fingers still crossed! :roll:

Avacadotoast
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Post by Avacadotoast » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Good luck Guys! Hopefully we will all be fine :)

Avacadotoast
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Post by Avacadotoast » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:23 pm

weblink referencing third party solicitor removed

After reading this, I’ve called xxxxxxxxx, my solicitor told me that in case if we published such statement, and we don’t have any communiacation from authorities about outcome of application, it means it’s refused. She said that they don’t even reply sometimes. Is it true guys? So we should consider our situation as refusal?
Can anyone tell me if they received any reply today?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:07 pm

Avacadotoast wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:23 pm
weblink referencing third party solicitor removed

After reading this, I’ve called xxxxxxxxx, my solicitor told me that in case if we published such statement, and we don’t have any communiacation from authorities about outcome of application, it means it’s refused. She said that they don’t even reply sometimes. Is it true guys? So we should consider our situation as refusal?
Can anyone tell me if they received any reply today?
Kindly refrain from posting weblinks referencing solicitor and please do not name solicitor firms when you post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 am

kristelaustria wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:31 am
Hopeful42 wrote:
kristelaustria wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Hi! My profession is under the Occupations skilled to PhD level, SOC 2112 and they offered me around 26,600. though, Biomedical scientist is not in the shortage occupation list. I am not sure how many points I will get, given this category. Can you give me any idea about this? I have been reading some of the topics here but i am not sure about the occupations that each one have.
Hello did your employer say that you were refused due to points or another reason? Because if your job is under the skilled occupations to PhD level I believe you should have gotten 75 points + 6 for salary totalling 81 points which would have been enough points this month I think.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:47 am

tej_san wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:05 am
Hopeful42 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:38 am
Thanks!
Was it your first attempt? If not, what's the result of earlier applications?

If anyone has noticed, there is not a single 'rejection' posted by anyone during this month! Everyone got refused. While in Oct/Nov, there were many posts of 'rejection' ! Does that mean HO is satisfied with all the 'refused' applications, but couldn't approve it just because of lower score than the cut-off?

I've been highlighting this point, but not getting clear idea.

The reason I've been asking this is that those who got 'refused' in Dec/Jan may be asked to do RLMT again if HO reviews their applications in Feb/Mar and feels so. In such situation, we are not aware for last 2-3 months whether our documentation/RLMT etc is perfect. Obviously, I, as a 'refused' applicant', don't want to hear that my RLMT was not done properly after 3-4 months. If we atleast get to know sooner, we can start doing that now. Otherwise, you will get a surprise after failed attempts for 3-4 months that what you've been doing in last 3-4 months, was not correct!

Hope all 'refused' applicants understand this before hoping for next month's reapplication!

Asking again, anyone got 'rejected' (not 'refused') this month?
This was my first attempt. My employer did not receive any information about why mine was refused so they emailed the Home Office help deck and they told us it was due to not reaching the points cut off. I see no reason why your sponsor can’t email them and confirm that your application was fine other than not enough points.

kristelaustria
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kristelaustria » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:51 am

Hopeful42 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 am
kristelaustria wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:31 am
Hopeful42 wrote:
kristelaustria wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Hello did your employer say that you were refused due to points or another reason? Because if your job is under the skilled occupations to PhD level I believe you should have gotten 75 points + 6 for salary totalling 81 points which would have been enough points this month I think.
Hi! What the HR said is that, my profession is not on the shortage list, and said it is hard to obtain COS since the HO will prioritize those who are in the shortage list, they did not inform the reason of refusal. Maybe, I think, a lot got refused since the quota was reached already. I am hoping that the previous application will be approved next month. May I ask if, the HO considers the ones who applies first?