ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU partner - 5 month visit to U.K

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stv1988
Newly Registered
Honduras

Non EU partner - 5 month visit to U.K

Post by stv1988 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi all,

Firstly I'd like to introduce myself to the boards, first time posting. Thanking everybody in advance for any advice given, greatly appreciated.

I met my girlfriend in the U.K January 2017, she was here on a Tier 5 Charity working Visa which ran out in August 2017. She went back to her home country (Honduras) then I visited her and her family for 2 weeks in November 2017. We are wanting to be together in the U.K long term and are willing to take the necessery steps in order for this to happen (Fiancé Visa then marriage).

Before we start that process we can see that on a Honduran passport you can visit the U.K with no visa for up to 6 months. So for our next step we want to spend that time together here in the U.K for her to become even more familiar with the country and culture and to gain more relationship time. She will not work but is willing to be as pro-active and keep busy as much a possible.

She has flights booked here for Mid February 2018 and booked to leave 5 months later mid July 2018.
She will live with me mainly then do a little bit of travelling and also occasionally stay with friends.
I am completely self reliant, I work full time, and fincancially support myself completely.

After these 5 months the plan could be for her to then go back to Honduras and apply for her Fiance Visa then move on to the next step after that.

Hopefully that is enough background information, my reason for posting is to see if there are any problems with this that jump out to anyone, things I/We should be aware of or could do something about?

We are prepared for her to be questioned at immigration which is why she has put together as much documentation showing her adequate funds (savings),and financial support from family. I also have bank statements and payslips showing my financial history of supporting myself.

Please, if anyone has any tips or information it would be great. I'm mainly seeking some form of confidence, maybe some of you have been in the same situation as this with no problems.

Thanks in advance.