ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canada and UK, work permit and visitor

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samidare
Newly Registered

Canada and UK, work permit and visitor

Post by samidare » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:09 pm

Hello everyone,

My situation right now is a little complicated.
I would be appreciated if you could put up with my long story..

I'm applying for PR as sponsorship visa in Canada, my bf and I are preparing the documents for it right now.
And In the same time, I'm also applying for Tier 5 in the UK but recently I got a refusal letter from UK Immigration.

Before I've been worked as a temporary worker(Working holiday) until mid-June 2017.
I went to the US/Canadian border when it was about to expire, so I renewed my stay in Canada to a Visitor ever since. It's been almost 2months now.

When I renewed my stay in Canada, I told the officer at the border that I'm going to work in UK so I'm leaving Canada soon, showing my purchased airplane ticket which dated mid-July.
They accepted that I'm going to be staying as a visitor about one month.

Our plan is I'm going to UK for 1-2 years until we get approved the sponsorship visa in Canada.
But in the end I got refusal letter from UK, so I've got two plans in my mind.

1. Submit the sponsorship visa as soon as it's ready, applying from inside of Canada which I can get an open work permit in 2-3 months, forget about UK.

2. I will request the administrative review for my visa in UK, I'm going to wait for the approvement from UK immigration. But in this case, I'm gonna have to stay in Canada until I get the answer from UK, At least It maybe takes one more month.
After that, we can apply for the sponsorship, either from outside or inside of Canada.

Here's my question:
For plan 2, Is this won't be a problem? Because I didn't apply for visitor visa when I renewed my stay at the border. I just told them 'I'm leaving Canada soon' but now I can't...
If I will stay one more month, should I apply for a visitor visa in Canada?

Thanks for reading my story, I don't really have someone to ask about this.
I would be appreciated if you could help me for anything.

Thank you,

samidare
Newly Registered

Re: Canada and UK, work permit and visitor

Post by samidare » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:01 am

Can anyone help me?

samidare
Newly Registered

Post by samidare » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:57 pm

Let me make my question shorter.
My point is only this below.

I was supposed to leave Canada last month, But my passport was taken to UK government due to make a decision of my work permit in UK and they didn't give me back by the day I had to leave Canada.
I had to get out the Canada once because my working holiday(IEC) was about to expire, and I renewed my stay in Canada to a Visitor at the US/CA border in the same day.

I'm still waiting for the decision from the UK, maybe it's going to take another month or so.
It's going to be 3 months since I renewed my stay...

In order to stay Canada legally, should I apply for the visitor visa? Even if I will be staying about only 1 month?
I only told at the border orally, so right now I don't have any document that shows I'm right to stay in Canada.

If someone could help me with my concern i'd be very appreciated,
Thank you

nimithilak
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by nimithilak » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:58 pm

My employer given offer of employment number to me. so now i going to apply my work permit before that i have to fill Questioner for online application of work permit of Canada.

below i questions i have some doubt:
Do you have a written offer from an employer in Canada?
No (i given "no" here, bcoz i don't have written offer, i have only offer of employment no.)
so please tell my answer is correct or not?

Do you plan to work in one of the following categories?
No (i given "no" here, bcoz i am intra company transferred)

Will you be coming to Canada with a spouse or common-law partner who is, or will be, working in Canada as a foreign worker or who is, or will be, a full-time student at a university, community college, CEGEP or other authorized educational institution?
yes.

Kindly reply as soon as possible.

Thanks