ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

January 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: January 2018 Restricted COS

Post by ashishkm » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 pm

My question is regarding R CoS points

i.e. (RLMT points + Salary on offer), I know RLMT gives 20.

But on my offer letter it says 47k as basic, various other benefits (pension contribution from employer 9 to 16%, holiday allowance, health cover, annual bonus 7 to 10%)

So please advice whether my 'Salary on offer' is 47k or 56k (got this number by adding compulsory benefits to my basic)

Thanks
Ashish

scottishindian
Mood:
India

Post by scottishindian » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:12 pm

as per sponsorship guidance note / tier 2 visa application guide, only confirmed allowances will be considered which are paid regularly for e.g. car allowance which is paid monthly along with basic salary by most of the UK companies. Other allowances like relocation package, discretionary bonus, pension contribution etc. are not considered it seems. This is what i understood from the guidance note which lists certain allowances not to be considered for calculation

ashishkm wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 pm

But on my offer letter it says 47k as basic, various other benefits (pension contribution from employer 9 to 16%, holiday allowance, health cover, annual bonus 7 to 10%)

So please advice whether my 'Salary on offer' is 47k or 56k (got this number by adding compulsory benefits to my basic)

Thanks
Ashish

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:22 pm

scottishindian wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:12 pm
as per sponsorship guidance note / tier 2 visa application guide, only confirmed allowances will be considered which are paid regularly for e.g. car allowance which is paid monthly along with basic salary by most of the UK companies. Other allowances like relocation package, discretionary bonus, pension contribution etc. are not considered it seems. This is what i understood from the guidance note which lists certain allowances not to be considered for calculation

ashishkm wrote:

Thanks
Ashish
Thanks Scottish, can you please give me the link of that guide and the page on which these are stated?

Avacadotoast
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Post by Avacadotoast » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:00 pm

Guys, is there anyone who still got no reply about the outcome? Does it normally happen that they would not reply, but we should consider it as refusal? Thanks

Misericordia
Newly Registered
Croatia

Post by Misericordia » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi everyone; I know you're all awaiting for decisions on restricted CoS reference numbers but I was wondering if anyone's familiar with how is this situation reflecting those applying for unrestricted CoS?

mschase
United States of America

Post by mschase » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Late post, but mine was also refused earlier this week at 38 points. Seems like cutoff this month is 50 as someone's lawyer in this thread mentioned that approvals were handed out to those between 50-55 and under 50 were rejected. I'm guessing next month would be 45.

Any others that are NOT doctors, under 40 points, that have received an approval? Would be great to know this info...All I see on the news is "winter crisis in the UK", so it's understandable that doctors and nurses are given priority.

scottishindian
Mood:
India

Post by scottishindian » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:09 pm

Tier2 points based system policy guidance document on gov.uk website lists the examples (page 15)

We will consider:
• guaranteed gross basic pay (excluding overtime); and
• allowances, up to the limit below, which are guaranteed to be paid for the duration of
your employment in the UK, and would either be paid to a settled worker in similar
circumstances, or are paid as a mobility premium or to cover the additional cost of
living in the UK.

We will not consider:
• one-off payments, such as those linked to the cost of relocation, which do not form part
of your regular salary package;
• payments which cannot be guaranteed, such as bonuses or incentive related pay;
• overtime payments, whether or not overtime is guaranteed;
• payments to cover business expenses, including (but not limited to) training;
international travel, hotels and business travel within the UK;
• any payments for which you will need to reimburse the sponsor or a linked overseas
business;
• employer pension contributions;
• medical benefits;
• payment of any tuition fees; or
• the value of any shares which you have obtained in exchange for some of your UK
employment rights as an employer-owner.
This list is not exhaustive. Salary packages are considered on the base monetary salary.
ashishkm wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:22 pm
scottishindian wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:12 pm

ashishkm wrote:

Thanks
Ashish
Thanks Scottish, can you please give me the link of that guide and the page on which these are stated?

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:53 pm

It seems January month's allocation is finished, I can see minimum points this time is better than last
i.e. 46 points. Intriguing thing here is how come they arrived at 46 as minimum??

if RLMT is always 20 and Salary as below
£55,000 to £59,999.99 35
£50,000 to £54,999.99 30
£45,000 to £49,999.99 25

£44,000 to £44,999.99 24

Have they introduced a new 5 point pattern in between 45K and 50K. Anyways, hoping for the best, next month

scottishindian
Mood:
India

Post by scottishindian » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:56 pm

I think considering last month disappointing for many employers, they would have considered each point level applications within a 5 point band. Another good thing is 115 surplus certificates are carried forward for Feb and considering they can borrow upto 100 certificates from future months, Feb allocation might be more positive !

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:01 pm

ashishkm wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:53 pm
It seems January month's allocation is finished, I can see minimum points this time is better than last
i.e. 46 points. Intriguing thing here is how come they arrived at 46 as minimum??

£55,000 to £59,999.99 35
£50,000 to £54,999.99 30
£45,000 to £49,999.99 25

£44,000 to £44,999.99 24

Have they introduced a new 5 point pattern in between 45K and 50K. Anyways, hoping for the best, next month
From my readings here it seems there were A LOT of applicants at 45 points. I say they probably had so many not all could be awarded so everyone with 45 was rejected making the cut off 46. This is probably why there were some carried forward. This is very positive for those that scored 45 next month.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:50 pm

scottishindian wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:56 pm
I think considering last month disappointing for many employers, they would have considered each point level applications within a 5 point band. Another good thing is 115 surplus certificates are carried forward for Feb and considering they can borrow upto 100 certificates from future months, Feb allocation might be more positive !
An observation here. Actually, HO page says 115 are borrowed from Feb not carried forward.
But on the calculation of available ceritifcates they have added 115 to 1500, which seems wrong
Looks like HO has done mistake either with terminology or with calculation
They probably will update the page again

Total number of certificates of sponsorship granted in January 1,536
Tier 2 (General – New hires under £159,600) 1,528
Tier 2 (General – Tier 4 dependant switching to Tier 2) 8
Balance of certificates of sponsorship borrowed from February 2018 115
Number of certificates of sponsorship available for allocation in February 2018 1,615

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:55 pm

Hopeful42 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:01 pm
ashishkm wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:53 pm

£55,000 to £59,999.99 35
£50,000 to £54,999.99 30
£45,000 to £49,999.99 25

£44,000 to £44,999.99 24

From my readings here it seems there were A LOT of applicants at 45 points. I say they probably had so many not all could be awarded so everyone with 45 was rejected making the cut off 46. This is probably why there were some carried forward. This is very positive for those that scored 45 next month.

Minimum points declared doesn't seem to be reliable.
I know some people with salary around 47K or 48K have got refused this month.
So I wonder how come 46 is minimum score from successful applications

Only possible way is : Milk Round or Campus hires. Where they get 30 for RLMT and then if salary is 36K, then their score will be 30+16=46

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:09 pm

sptula wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:50 pm
scottishindian wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:56 pm
An observation here. Actually, HO page says 115 are borrowed from Feb not carried forward.
But on the calculation of available ceritifcates they have added 115 to 1500, which seems wrong
Looks like HO has done mistake either with terminology or with calculation
They probably will update the page again

Total number of certificates of sponsorship granted in January 1,536
Tier 2 (General – New hires under £159,600) 1,528
Tier 2 (General – Tier 4 dependant switching to Tier 2) 8
Balance of certificates of sponsorship borrowed from February 2018 115
Number of certificates of sponsorship available for allocation in February 2018 1,615

Actually the amount of certificates allocated for Jan was 1409 + 257 from unused certificates gives you 1666.

Minus 9 + 6 for exceptional circumstances outside allocation + Croatian nationals and you’re left with 1651 for ordinary rounds which is correct as of what’s been posted.

-
1536 (amount allocated)

= 115

which makes what is posted correct.

Not sure regarding minimum points if you know people rejected on higher. Although we have learnt from the doctor who posted that points don’t mean everything. Are all the people you know in the same industry by any chance? They may have had too many applications from one industry, who likely all make more salary than say people in health so they decided to reject some so people from lower paying professions were able to have a chance? Who knows. I am just speculating.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:58 pm

They might also publish cut off lower than it was because they don’t want companies just going and raising salaries to get higher points. That would make it impossible for say NHS workers due to their standard/capped pay scales and if honest those workers are one of or the most important for the UK’s immediate needs.

Tryingforhome
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Tryingforhome » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:23 am

I am NHS with 39 points and i have been refused in both December and January as have others in our trust. I had a read of the acceptance process and it does seem to be purely on points. If they give campus or milk round staff another 10 points surely they could consider it for NHS employees!

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:58 am

Tryingforhome wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:23 am
I am NHS with 39 points and i have been refused in both December and January as have others in our trust. I had a read of the acceptance process and it does seem to be purely on points. If they give campus or milk round staff another 10 points surely they could consider it for NHS employees!
Are you a doctor? I don’t think certain allied health roles or admin, etc. within the NHS would count the same way the doctors have been.

Noname36
inactive
Australia

Post by Noname36 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:33 am

Tryingforhome wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:23 am
I completely agree (although I'm biased).

NHS staff just aren't able to compete in a points based system based on salary and yet healthcare is the most crucial industry.

I'm not a nurse or a doctor however my role is crucial from a patient safety and health perspective and also in terms to reducing hospital admissions.

My employer had to put the ad out 4 times because there were no suitable applicants, and now I'm unable to start work because I don't have a high enough salary despite the impacts on patients.

Something really needs to be done. I don't think the powers that be fully understand the range of services within the NHS and how many roles are actually crucial in terms of patient health and safety. If crucial roles within the NHS need to be filled then they need to change the way points are calculated because NHS employees cannot compete on salary.

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:16 am

Gurus,
How to they calculating points as am falling under 31k?

How would that be in Feb reactions?

Krish P

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:10 pm

Hello all,

When does the employers start requesting for next month COS to HO?

How long does it take, when can we expect as I am trying plan my days due to go abroad for a personal purpose?

Thanks in advance!
Krishpa

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:31 pm

krishpa wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:10 pm
Hello all,

How long does it take, when can we expect as I am trying plan my days due to go abroad for a personal purpose?

Thanks in advance!
Krishpa
Hello. Employers can make applications at any time for next month’s allocation as long as they’re made by the 5th of February.

These are meant to be assessed on the 12th next month however it can take up to 5 working days following this to inform employers.

Please note however that for the last 2 months the cap has been over subscribed and as a result a lot of people have not been successful in obtaining their RCoS. It is very likely that not everyone will be successful again next month as there will likely be a backlog of unsuccessful applications from December/January on top of new applications.

I’m not sure of your situation, points, chances of obtaining your COS next month however I would be hesitant to make concrete plans re time arriving in the UK personally unless you are sure you will obtain and that there will be no issues regardinf getting your visa either.

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:37 pm

Hopeful42 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:31 pm
krishpa wrote:
Hello all,

Thanks in advance!
Krishpa
Hello. Employers can make applications at any time for next month’s allocation as long as they’re made by the 5th of February.

These are meant to be assessed on the 12th next month however it can take up to 5 working days following this to inform employers.

Please note however that for the last 2 months the cap has been over subscribed and as a result a lot of people have not been successful in obtaining their RCoS. It is very likely that not everyone will be successful again next month as there will likely be a backlog of unsuccessful applications from December/January on top of new applications.

I’m not sure of your situation, points, chances of obtaining your COS next month however I would be hesitant to make concrete plans re time arriving in the UK personally unless you are sure you will obtain and that there will be no issues regardinf getting your visa either.
Wow! thanks for your prompt reply.

I have been informed that will be offered of 31k as a Software Tester. what do you think of my circumstances?

Many thanks,

Krishpa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:39 pm

krishpa wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:37 pm
Hopeful42 wrote:
krishpa wrote:
Hello all,

Thanks in advance!
Krishpa

I have been informed that will be offered of 31k as a Software Tester. what do you think of my circumstances?

Many thanks,

Krishpa
It is not necessary to post duplicate questions in other topics when you have a lengthy topic already. Please continue in your thread.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/rlmt ... l#p1588113
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:43 pm

HI CR001,

sorry if I do so,

Because I wanted to be clear on my queries as can be free of mind so can plan accordingly.

I hope you can answer on my questions? please?

Krish

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:57 pm

krishpa wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:37 pm
Hopeful42 wrote:
krishpa wrote:
Hello all,

Thanks in advance!
Krishpa

Many thanks,

Krishpa
Unless your job is on the occupation shortage list you should receive 31 points (20 for RMLT + 11 for salary).

None of us can tell you what your chances of being granted COS are. It’s all speculation.

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi now we have 1615 for next month taking average of cos not used in last 3 months it will become 250 and they can borrow auto 100 from March so it will become almost 2000.

So we all have a good chance I think. Next month it will drop to 30 this is what I feel.

Any other thoughts.

Thanks,
Kiccha