ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about the certificate of naturalisation (requesting amendment, when it's needed)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

av01
Newly Registered
Poland

Questions about the certificate of naturalisation (requesting amendment, when it's needed)

Post by av01 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:42 pm

Finally I attended my citizenship ceremony a couple of days ago. But there is one thing that bothers me, it's the date written on the certificate of naturalisation by council official during my ceremony.
I feel that digits that state day of the month are not fully clear and may be ambiguous. I've attached the screenshot here:

When I returned to council with this query, the receptionist said that they can't do anything with this and now I should send my certificate to Home Office. There is a RR form on gov.uk website for this situations and it should be used within 30 days after the ceremony, so if I want to use it I should do it now because later it won't be possible.

My questions are:
1/ What do you think about asking HO to get ceremony date to be amended on the certificate of naturalisation?
2/ If a certificate is amended by HO then is this date printed or manually written?
3/ What are a situations when the certificate of naturalisation is needed? (btw. I have already applied for passport with citizenship application, so I do not need this for my first passport).

The whole process took me over one year (including resident card, Life in the UK and English tests), I'e already paid a lot of money to get this document and the this date confirms the day when I became a British citizen. This is something very important for me and I feel it should be clearly written to avoid situation when somebody will question what exactly date is written or will read this incorrectly and add incorrect date to some other documents.

Casa

Re: Questions about the certificate of naturalisation (requesting amendment, when it's needed)

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:50 pm

Is the date incorrect? I've read it clearly as 16th January 2018 :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

av01
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Questions about the certificate of naturalisation (requesting amendment, when it's needed)

Post by av01 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:47 pm

Yes, it's 16 th Januarry 2018, but I feel like number 6 and "th" look weird.

av01
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by av01 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:56 pm

It bothers me probably because I used to work in a place where I need to read hand written dates on customer applications and sometimes we needed opinion of 2 or 3 people to recognize what numbers are there. I feel like I'm responsible to make sure that my documents are correct so I like to have it right.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:11 pm

av01 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:56 pm
It bothers me probably because I used to work in a place where I need to read hand written dates on customer applications and sometimes we needed opinion of 2 or 3 people to recognize what numbers are there. I feel like I'm responsible to make sure that my documents are correct so I like to have it right.
You're overthinking this. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

twgal

Post by twgal » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:14 pm

If I were an HO officer I'd say that's a frivolous request and I'd send back your certificate.

Even from the small picture you posted it's clear that it's the 16th... why waste their time (and taxpayer money) with such a request?

Beautiful handwriting. :D

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:00 pm

twgal wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:14 pm
Beautiful handwriting. :D
Registrars normally have good hand writing. Other than that, anyone can read it as 16th Jan so let it go maybe :idea: