ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application pending confirmation from UKVI

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

IrynaK
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Passport application pending confirmation from UKVI

Post by IrynaK » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi guys,

Really need your help with my passport application.
We have attended the ceremony with my husband back in December last year. After a few weeks I have called HMPO and they told me that nothing has been received from the council and Home office. I have chased council and they have confirmed everything has been sent ages ago. But until now my application is pending confirmation from UKVI. I know this problem has been discussed before and I have already sent a few emails to the citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk that was mentioned in another thread but still no reply. So I am not holding my breath that our passports will arrive before our flights are due on Friday next week (26th Jan).

Unfortunately it is too late now to cancel the whole trip as there are other people involved so I was thinking if this is an option for my husband to fly there with our daughter (she has a British passport already). We are flying to Europe so he will be ok with his Ukrainian passport and visa but I am concerned if they will let him out. As we are from Ukraine we need to go to the bag drop off and they are checking our visa for the country of destination but I cannot remember if they ever check our British visa. I am planning to stay here and wait for passports and then join them at a later date. I am concerned that they might require signature for receiving them so someone needs to stay in the UK.

Do you you think this is an option or we might have issues going out of UK?

Thanks for your help in advance!

AdInfernos
Spain

Re: Passport application pending confirmation from UKVI

Post by AdInfernos » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:20 pm

As for the requirement of signature, I'm waiting for the delivery of my passport and received this text today:
Your delivery from HM Passport Office is due by Monday. We'll try to post it through your door. Get more information at www.dxdelivery.com/HMPO
So I assume there is no requirement for a signature.

This was the same method they used when delivering my son's passport back in August, even though we were at home at the time.

IrynaK
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by IrynaK » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Thanks for your reply.
My friend told me that they also take a picture of the door after they deliver it :)
He also offered us to leave him the keys and he would send the passposts to us but I think it is too risky?
Fingers crossed they will finally reply with a confirmation.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:59 pm

The email address you have used takes a long time before they reply. Try nationalitysupportteamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on Monday and they will usually respond within hours. That's my experience.

Only issue is very little time till the 26th.