ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence requirement for 10 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abdulsaid
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Residence requirement for 10 years

Post by abdulsaid » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:36 pm

Hi all,
I am new here and I hope to get the following issue sorted.

I came here with student visa in 2008 which expired on April 2013,in February 2013 I made asylum application refused in March and June 13 from lower tribunal was also refused.I was issued with temporary admission since then but not required to leave.

During this period I was reporting from a week,2 weeks ,4 weeks,6 months and then stopped completely.

2nd December 2016 I applied for fresh claim based on 7 years child ,22nd December asylum case determined and family leave issued for 30 months with no restriction to public funds.

Now I have been here 10 years graduated with a degree and working,I know temporary admission counts for residence purpose for ILR but only mention one example of being issued if you claim asylum within 1 month.

But for nationality( I am aware different laws appl) it mentioned my case that it counts if you made on- time application,but also it mentioned if your asylum refused , you would normal be given "further leave to remain "for 28 days,if you overstay this 28 days you will have breached .

Question is,I have not been given further leave for 28 days but had temporary admission for whole time until my case was determined in 2016,will I be able to apply for ilr?
thanks

Thanks