ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr ilr varied on LR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Happy85
India

ILR application on 10 years

Post by Happy85 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:23 am

Good morning everyone, I applied ilr on tier1 in 2016 but there is no reply from Home Office last month I vary my application on 10 years based but my wife didn’t complete 10 years so I applied for her flr(m) visa. But she got biometric letter from Home office but for me no any biometric letter just one email from Home office said “ thanks for you application it’s take six months, if it’s take more than six months we will contact you” this kind of email I got last week. I don’t know why my wife receive biometric letter and why not me.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: ILR application on 10 years

Post by makky86 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:30 am

Happy85 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:23 am
Good morning everyone, I applied ilr on tier1 in 2016 but there is no reply from Home Office last month I vary my application on 10 years based but my wife didn’t complete 10 years so I applied for her flr(m) visa. But she got biometric letter from Home office but for me no any biometric letter just one email from Home office said “ thanks for you application it’s take six months, if it’s take more than six months we will contact you” this kind of email I got last week. I don’t know why my wife receive biometric letter and why not me.
I am assuming you've had tax amendments hence the reason of the Tier 1 Delay. Now you have varied your application on basis of 10 years. You will be subject to the same checks even on 10 years ILR so do expect same delay.

On what basis you've applied FLR for your wife? You should have waited for Tier 1 -> ILR. HO is well aware of people applying FLR to buy time etc so it was decision on your side.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:18 am

Thanks for your reply. Yes I had tax amendments and my wife she live here nearly 7 years so I applied for her . So is there any chances for us. Or did I make any mistake ? I was worry because al the time my company asked my working right. I applied in august 2016 . Anyway pls give me some information what shall I do now.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:18 am

Thanks for your reply. Yes I had tax amendments and my wife she live here nearly 7 years so I applied for her . So is there any chances for us. Or did I make any mistake ?
Yes you did ! There is no 7 years route for the sopuse ! It will be refused and she will have to apply different visa or leave UK.

I was worry because al the time my company asked my working right. I applied in august 2016 . Anyway pls give me some information what shall I do now.
So what? You are eligible to work if application under the process. YOU should have waiteed for Tier 1 to ILR !!!!
Now again you have to wait

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:38 am

Ok thanks but but now how it’s take any idea . Because they already send me Questionnaire last May 2017 and I submitted now will they send me again or any inquiry about tax amendment or anything else . I was very confused I met 7-8 solicitors all of them advices go for 10 years that’s the reason I applied for it. Because I’m not aware of visa Procedure

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:55 am

Happy85 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:38 am
Ok thanks but but now how it’s take any idea . Because they already send me Questionnaire last May 2017 and I submitted now will they send me again or any inquiry about tax amendment or anything else . I was very confused I met 7-8 solicitors all of them advices go for 10 years that’s the reason I applied for it. Because I’m not aware of visa Procedure
I personally don't know. They will use the information you have provided. They will take all those in consideration. I know quite a few people been waiting over 2 years after applying ILR from Tier 1.

Now you have to wait but the problem is that you varied application for you wife that means if she is refused she'll have to go back. If your 10 years ILR is approven then your wife would need to apply again FLR from home country and spend another 5 years ! You have pretty much screwed up your spouse stay

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:06 pm

Ok Sir/ Madam Thanks again . You know none of the solicitor told me in case my wife visa can be refuse or she has to go back home country . All of them told me just go for flr(m) and I was stupid I believed them and applied for my wife.anyway We can just pray for everyone applied their visa. Thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Happy85 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:06 pm
Ok Sir/ Madam Thanks again . You know none of the solicitor told me in case my wife visa can be refuse or she has to go back home country . All of them told me just go for flr(m) and I was stupid I believed them and applied for my wife.anyway We can just pray for everyone applied their visa. Thanks
I cannot beleive that they asked you to apply FLR for you wife as she is clearly not eligible ! 7 years route is for the UK born kids even that is upto immigration officers discretion

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:10 pm

Happy85 wrote:
I cannot beleive that they asked you to apply FLR for you wife as she is clearly not eligible ! 7 years route is for the UK born kids even that is upto immigration officers discretion

Did you consult any regulated lawyer?

http://home.oisc.gov.uk/how_to_find_a_r ... inder.aspx

FLR are normally dealt very quickly thats why your wife got the biometric. As far as I can see your 10 year application will be held for sometime as same checks will be done.

I pray things go positive for you :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:17 pm

makky86 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:10 pm
Happy85 wrote:
@ makky86 - FLR(M) is the correct application for the OPs spouse if he varied to ILR LR. You are confusing FLR(FP) with FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:24 pm

Pls let me know sir/ Madam did I apllied right application for my wife I’m now worry about her.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:28 pm

Happy85 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:24 pm
Pls let me know sir/ Madam did I apllied right application for my wife I’m now worry about her.
FLR(M) is correct assuming you meet the financial requirements and she meets the Englsih requirement, but you should have added a note to hold her application till your ILR LR application is decided.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 43881.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:36 pm

makky86 wrote:
Happy85 wrote:

Did you consult any regulated lawyer?

http://home.oisc.gov.uk/how_to_find_a_r ... inder.aspx

FLR are normally dealt very quickly thats why your wife got the biometric. As far as I can see your 10 year application will be held for sometime as same checks will be done.

I pray things go positive for you :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:28 pm
Happy85 wrote:
FLR(M) is correct assuming you meet the financial requirements and she meets the Englsih requirement, but you should have added a note to hold her application till your ILR LR application is decided.

Shall I stop her application Is there any way I hold her application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:40 pm

Happy85 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 pm
CR001 wrote:
Happy85 wrote:

Why do you want to 'stop' her application if you have made the correct one and meet the requirements??? You should have asked HO to hold her application pending your ILR LR one.

Kindly also DO NOT post names and addresses of solicitors on the forum, this is not permitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:17 pm
makky86 wrote:
Happy85 wrote:
@ makky86 - FLR(M) is the correct application for the OPs spouse if he varied to ILR LR. You are confusing FLR(FP) with FLR(M).

OH yes, that is my mistake . I am extremely sorry.

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:40 pm
Happy85 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 pm
CR001 wrote:
Happy85 wrote:

Why do you want to 'stop' her application if you have made the correct one and meet the requirements??? You should have asked HO to hold her application pending your ILR LR one.

Kindly also DO NOT post names and addresses of solicitors on the forum, this is not permitted.
What is Procedure to hold her application? Is there any application form I have submit .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:03 pm

It is simply a short covering letter you should have sent with her FLR(M), assuming you varied her Set(O) to FLR(M), asking HO to consider her application after your ILR LR one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:03 pm
It is simply a short covering letter you should have sent with her FLR(M), assuming you varied her Set(O) to FLR(M), asking HO to consider her application after your ILR LR one.
But I already send her application 2 week ago now how can I hold it .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:12 pm

It is not YOU that holds it, you have to ask HO to hold.

Your solicitor should have been aware of this.

If your wife has received biometrics letter, use the reference nubmer to write to HO then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Zing
Newly Registered

Post by Zing » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:53 pm

Atimes people are being advised to wait out for the tier 1 general lLR application without fully weighing the trend of what is obtainable at the moment with current tier 1 general application with HO.

The statistics obtainable from HO said that 965 application was refused from Jan 2016 to June 2017.Only 45 where able to get lLR under consideration. Between 310 or 410 went for JR and none have succeeded.

Was it not better for OP to vary his application when he reached 10 years to atleast secure Right of Appeal than going through JR that they said is outside of immigration rules.

Pls, OP l want to confirm that you sent your application through post and l was expecting that when one varies application a new biometric should be done by the main applicant and a new reference issued or am l wrong.

I understand that should have been HO first line of action before issuing you the six months wait letter and l believe a reasonable person should have understood that your wife application should be dependent on yours if you missed to remind them.

nomanwahab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nomanwahab » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi Happy85

Your case is similar like my case. i was on tier 1 general but my 10 years was completed before Tier 1 finished so i was applied for 10 years route on 20th June 2016. after waiting for 19 months i get refusal letter from home office same reason tax amendments which i did before i applied for 10 years . They give me right of appeal which i am going to do tomorrow. i was also applied for my wife Flr(m) same time. Now i am assuming she will also refused as main applicant fail to get ilr . i was discuss with my lawyer he told me if i applied my appeal with in 14 days they will put my wife case on hold until the appeal will finalized. so don't worry about your wife . when i was applied mine and wife application she got the acknowledgment letter with in 1 week and mine was came around 6 weeks. her bio metric was done next week after and mine after 8 weeks . i was also fighting with my employers that time. i have also 3 kids and elder one is 6 and half years old still they didn't give me any discretion.
anyway i will pray for you .if you have any question you can pm.

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:52 am

Zing wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:53 pm
Atimes people are being advised to wait out for the tier 1 general lLR application without fully weighing the trend of what is obtainable at the moment with current tier 1 general application with HO.

The statistics obtainable from HO said that 965 application was refused from Jan 2016 to June 2017.Only 45 where able to get lLR under consideration. Between 310 or 410 went for JR and none have succeeded.

Was it not better for OP to vary his application when he reached 10 years to at least secure Right of Appeal than going through JR that they said is outside of immigration rules.

Pls, OP l want to confirm that you sent your application through post and l was expecting that when one varies application a new biometric should be done by the main applicant and a new reference issued or am l wrong.

I understand that should have been HO first line of action before issuing you the six months wait letter and l believe a reasonable person should have understood that your wife application should be dependent on yours if you missed to remind them.
thanks for information.....
i am main applicant , my wife was dependent visa.
first i applied ilr on based of tier1 gen. with amendment tax in aug 2016.i got tax questionnaire in april 2017 which i submitted in may 2017 after home office did not contact me,since may 2017.
december 2017 i completed 10 years in uk. i met to many solictors all of them advised me go for 10 years that's the reason i reapplied ilr , and for wife flr(m).
i am paying hmrc every month instalments for amendments tax for 2010-2011 before i applied my ilr in 2016. now what is the situation in home office i don't know.
I just get information from here.
so please give me some more informations.
Many thanks for everyone

Happy85
India

Post by Happy85 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:57 am

nomanwahab wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:35 pm
Hi Happy85

Your case is similar like my case. i was on tier 1 general but my 10 years was completed before Tier 1 finished so i was applied for 10 years route on 20th June 2016. after waiting for 19 months i get refusal letter from home office same reason tax amendments which i did before i applied for 10 years . They give me right of appeal which i am going to do tomorrow. i was also applied for my wife Flr(m) same time. Now i am assuming she will also refused as main applicant fail to get ilr . i was discuss with my lawyer he told me if i applied my appeal with in 14 days they will put my wife case on hold until the appeal will finalized. so don't worry about your wife . when i was applied mine and wife application she got the acknowledgment letter with in 1 week and mine was came around 6 weeks. her bio metric was done next week after and mine after 8 weeks . i was also fighting with my employers that time. i have also 3 kids and elder one is 6 and half years old still they didn't give me any discretion.
anyway i will pray for you .if you have any question you can pm.
thanks a lot noman wahab,
i applied ilr in 2016 i waited till december 2017 no answer from home that is reason i reapplied on 10 years.so what you think home office will refuse my case or my wife can get visa ? please let me know . please update me your situation .

nomanwahab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nomanwahab » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:57 pm

Hi Happy85

my point of view if you wait just 1 month more then you will get the decision. i was applied on June 2016 and you applied august 2016. Anyway you have to wait again as you very your application. if you have any amendments maybe you will not get any positive decision . This is my point of view . Hopefully you will get your approve .how long you have to wait no ones knows it depend on your caseworker . for your wife because she is your dependent she will get the same decision. hope you understand my point. wait and pray .