ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for my Daughter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ssthushyanth
Newly Registered

British Citizenship for my Daughter

Post by ssthushyanth » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:37 pm

Hi
My Daughter was born in UK in Sep/2014. I am Tier2 General visa holder from May 2013. My wife and Daughter are on my dependent visa.I am going for ILR in May 2018. All of our current visa is until May 2019. Can i get my ILR first then apply the British Citizenship for my Daughter using since a lot of money for ILR application for my Daughter?

I have gone through MN1 application guide document.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-form-mn1

It suggests the below condition
• the child’s connections with the UK – we would expect the child to be free of any restrictions on their stay in the UK

Does that mean my Daughter should get ILR first to apply MN1? or My Daughter is not eligible for that?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship for my Daughter

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:42 pm

A child born in the UK who registers/applies for British citizenship DOES NOT require ILR.

They have an entitlement to register under section 1(3) of the nationality act.

Form MN1 is the correct form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssthushyanth
Newly Registered

Post by ssthushyanth » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Hi
Thanks for quick reply.
what do they mean by this condition
the child’s connections with the UK – we would expect the child to be free of any restrictions on their stay in the UK

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:24 pm

The form is used for many other routes to citizenship. This quote is not application to you. It is applicable to discretionary Section 3(1) applications for children born abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.