ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T5 YMS and non custodial fine

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jollybee
Newly Registered

T5 YMS and non custodial fine

Post by Jollybee » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi. My partner has a T5 YMS visa Valid until Nov 18. Currently back home in Australia and was hoping to return to the UK after the New Year. However whilst away he has received a court summons (posted to his UK address). He got caught speeding. Fixed penalty notice. He paid the fine but stupidly didn't realise he had to send off his license for the points, hence the summons. He will plead guilty by post and has been told it will be a fine at the original rate plus costs. My question is will this affect his ability to return to the UK on his current visa?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Jollybee
Newly Registered

Re: T5 YMS and non custodial fine

Post by Jollybee » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi. Wondered if any one had any thoughts. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

welshgirl
Newly Registered

Re: T5 YMS and non custodial fine

Post by welshgirl » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:47 pm

I m no expert but speeding is classed as a civil not criminal offence. He paid his fine. I think the UKVI are more concerned with criminal convictions or if there was a warrant out for his arrest. They have asked for his licence number to enter it onto the police database along with his penalty.