ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UNMARRIED NON EU Partner of an EU National claiming benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

polistan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

UNMARRIED NON EU Partner of an EU National claiming benefits

Post by polistan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:45 pm

Hello,

I hope you would be fine. I wanted to ask you if you could help me in clarifying an ambiguity.

I am a non-EU unmarried partner of an EU National who has a retained rights status. My partner has a 5-year-old child who lives with us. We live in a Council House and are council tenants.

After reporting the change in circumstances to the council they stopped her housing benefits and the tax credits have been halted too.

I am not allowed to work and have a letter stating that by the Home Office. I have a bit of a complicated Immigration history but that's not an immediate concern as I know it will take a long and a very painful road with a lot of potholes.

Now my question is will they award her any benefit at all? it's really making our life very difficult.

I have no problem to work and contribute financially only if I was allowed to.

Please let me know if anything could be done about it.

Thank you.
--

Kind Regards,

Long Live Pak-Pol Friendship

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UNMARRIED NON EU Partner of an EU National claiming benefits

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:14 pm

I am a non-EU unmarried partner of an EU National who has a retained rights status.
What exactly do you mean by 'retained rights status'?

Were you married to another EU national and after divorce applied for RoR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

polistan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Re: UNMARRIED NON EU Partner of an EU National claiming benefits

Post by polistan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:14 pm
I am a non-EU unmarried partner of an EU National who has a retained rights status.
What exactly do you mean by 'retained rights status'?

Were you married to another EU national and after divorce applied for RoR?
I am sorry there has been an error in writing the previous post. It is not retained right I wanted to write. I wanted to write was an EU national who has been issued with a Residence Card on behalf of Qualified Worker status.

Me being the Non-EU Un Married partner was married to a Eu national before but the relationship has now ended and divorce is in progress.

The main point of me asking this question is that my EU partner had benefits, but when she updated me in her records with the Council they asked her to apply again. When she did the Benefits caseworker is asking for a lot of irrelevant documents regarding me.

Me question was that me being a NON-EU unmarried partner, would it effect on her benefits in any way.

Thank you.