ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

vary entrepreneur tier 1 to ilr long residence further checks Letter at premium

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Moni111
Newly Registered

vary entrepreneur tier 1 to ilr long residence further checks Letter at premium

Post by Moni111 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:41 pm

Hi guys
I have applied for tier 1 entrepreneur extension in Oct 2017 on 17 January I have varied entrepreneur tier 1 to ilr long residence at premium service Sheffield I was expecting results same day . they said my application is valid but there are further enquiries that need to be made on your case as such your application has been passed to a team where these enquiries can be made.
When they handed me this letter cw said they need to confirm my absence dates from my passport
Does any one know hold long they take on average to decide. As I need to travel.

zimba
Mood:

Re: vary entrepreneur tier 1 to ilr long residence further checks Letter at premium

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:29 am

No one can tell you how long this will take. Not only your documents have to be sent to the CW at the PSC but also your pending extension could lead to a compliance team investigation which could take many months
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Devin
Pakistan

Re: vary entrepreneur tier 1 to ilr long residence further checks Letter at premium

Post by Devin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:27 am

I also varied in December at Sheffield PSC but no response so far. There are many people on this forum who varied and there applications were held. Most still waiting. Its mainly Tier 1Entrepreneur applications which are being held.

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:31 pm

Devin wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:27 am
I also varied in December at Sheffield PSC but no response so far. There are many people on this forum who varied and there applications were held. Most still waiting. Its mainly Tier 1Entrepreneur applications which are being held.
Hi Devin, when you varied your application in December? Have you got back your application fee and IHS? I varied my pending application on 4th of January, no response till now.

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:43 pm

I have not received any refund. I emailed them last week but they said refund will be issued when my ILR application is decided. Its been 5 weeks but no response so far.

On appointment day case worker told me that they need to do further checks on my previous Tier 1 Entrepreneur application. I applied for Tier 1 E extension in First week of August.

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:55 pm

Devin wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:43 pm
I have not received any refund. I emailed them last week but they said refund will be issued when my ILR application is decided. Its been 5 weeks but no response so far.

On appointment day case worker told me that they need to do further checks on my previous Tier 1 Entrepreneur application. I applied for Tier 1 E extension in First week of August.
Case worker told me the same thing that they need further checks. I applied for Tier 1 entrepreneur extension in last week of September 2017.

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Its extremely frustrating but nothing we can do really . I asked case worker if he needs any further documents to speed up the process but he said 'we have everything we need'.

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:08 pm

Devin wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:01 pm
Its extremely frustrating but nothing we can do really . I asked case worker if he needs any further documents to speed up the process but he said 'we have everything we need'.
I think its 6 month normal time for ILR applications, but we paid extra money to get quick reply. Don’t know we should contact with MP at this stage or not. My mother is ill and I want to travel as early as possible.

Moni111
Newly Registered

Post by Moni111 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:39 pm

Devin wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:43 pm

Hi
I have received my tier 1 entrepreneur ex fees back today by post is that mean they have made decision ?

Moni111
Newly Registered

Post by Moni111 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:42 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:29 am
No one can tell you how long this will take. Not only your documents have to be sent to the CW at the PSC but also your pending extension could lead to a compliance team investigation which could take many months
Hi Zimba
I have recivied my perivious application fees back today is that any good sign? Thanks

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:32 am

Hi all,
Ukvi just want to verify if you have fulfilled the Ext requirement of the previous visa or not, hopefully won’t take too long .
Atif

Moni111
Newly Registered

Post by Moni111 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:42 pm

Atif786 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:32 am
Hi all,
Ukvi just want to verify if you have fulfilled the Ext requirement of the previous visa or not, hopefully won’t take too long .
Hi Atif
Can you please share your expriance

Party Rocker
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Party Rocker » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:09 am

hello guy's just to let you know that I am in same boat as you's are.
I have varied my application at Glasgow psc in mid October same letter is been given to me for further checks after that till now no update is been given contacted mp 2wice put a complain too only thing happen is they gave me my his refund and old application fee back.
just wait and hope for good

Moni111
Newly Registered

Post by Moni111 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:27 am

Hi party rocker
Iam actually in shock since mid October your decision is pending and supposed to be one day service
Did you try to contact home office if u did what they said to you.
And when they refunded your ex application fees and did u receive your NHS Fees back too ?

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:44 am

Moni111 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:27 am
Hi party rocker
Iam actually in shock since mid October your decision is pending and supposed to be one day service
Did you try to contact home office if u did what they said to you.
And when they refunded your ex application fees and did u receive your NHS Fees back too ?
Hi Moni, I rang to ukvi number and guy said if your application is not decided on the same day, we take it as normal application which may take upto 6 months, normal time for ILR applications. I applied on 4th January 2018, almost a month now, nothing received.

Moni111
Newly Registered

Post by Moni111 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi Amnaali
It’s really frustrating to wait tbh.
if they are going to deal as Normal application they should give us our premium serivce refund not really fair.
Have u received your Ex application fees back ? And NHS refund.

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:05 pm

Moni111 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:45 pm
Hi Amnaali
It’s really frustrating to wait tbh.
if they are going to deal as Normal application they should give us our premium serivce refund not really fair.
Have u received your Ex application fees back ? And NHS refund.
No refund

Moonpk786
Newly Registered

Post by Moonpk786 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:09 pm

I received my entrepreneurs ext. Feb 2017 visa valid to feb 2019 and I completed my 10 years this Jan 2018. I booked appointment on window in Liverpool.
I submitted
ILR Set(LR)
2 Photo
Fee £2887 online payment
Life in the UK pass certificate
MBA degree
Accountant letter ( confirming my company records are up to date.)
Current appointment report shows filing history
My appointment was 26th jan 2018 at 9:00Am 9:15 done bio metric
12 click cw called I need some further information if you want to go out for coffee or some thing go and come back after 1 hour. I said no I am ok here after 2 hours I again approached she said no still waiting some information I ASKED I have some documents if you need further documents let me know I can provide you she said no we all have what we need.
I ASKED what kind of information are you looking for she said some home office checks. And she served a a letter same as everybody got here. She said we haven't information received yet and I can't decided your case with out that information will sent you by register post you can go home.
Its 8 days now no reply.
My question is what can be the home office checks ??
And if she was expecting that information on same day that's why she gave me 1 hour time. It's 8 days now I am still waiting.

Welldone890
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Welldone890 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:59 pm

Moonpk786 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:09 pm
I received my entrepreneurs ext. Feb 2017 visa valid to feb 2019 and I completed my 10 years this Jan 2018. I booked appointment on window in Liverpool.
I submitted
ILR Set(LR)
2 Photo
Fee £2887 online payment
MBA degree
12 click cw called I need some further information if you want to go out for coffee or some thing go and come back after 1 hour. I said no I am ok here after 2 hours I again approached she said no still waiting some information I ASKED I have some documents if you need further documents let me know I can provide you she said no we all have what we need.
I ASKED what kind of information are you looking for she said some home office checks. And she served a a letter same as everybody got here. She said we haven't information received yet and I can't decided your case with out that information will sent you by register post you can go home.
Its 8 days now no reply.
And if she was expecting that information on same day that's why she gave me 1 hour time. It's 8 days now I am still waiting.

Hello Moon pk

Have you received your decision yet? I am exactly same like your case
Entrepreneur extension April 2017
10 year complete in dec but i applied for P service on 28 jan croyden

Same happened case worker asked some documents related to business I submitted then after 2 hours handed over the letter they need more time. I asked if you need more documents she said no nothing to worry but we need more time and will let you when your case decided
Thanks
amnaali03 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:08 pm
Devin wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:01 pm
I think its 6 month normal time for ILR applications, but we paid extra money to get quick reply. Don’t know we should contact with MP at this stage or not. My mother is ill and I want to travel as early as possible.

Welldone890
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Welldone890 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:41 pm

Hello Moon pk

Have you received your decision yet? I am exactly same like your case
Entrepreneur extension April 2017
10 year complete in dec but i applied for P service on 28 jan croyden

Same happened case worker asked some documents related to business I submitted then after 2 hours handed over the letter they need more time. I asked if you need more documents she said no nothing to worry but we need more time and will let you when your case decided
Thanks

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:26 am

Moonpk786 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:09 pm
I submitted
ILR Set(LR)
2 Photo
Fee £2887 online payment
MBA degree
Its 8 days now no reply.
Hi ,
According to my opinion you should you have submitted
More documents related to your TI ent leave as additional , for eg:
RTI/FPS reports since your extension time , with employees salary slip , and all the payee, VAT, Corp Tax payment receipts to show them no Tax due, the only requirement after Tier 1 Ent ext is to show 2 full time employment for 12 months , you have completed 11 months since extension at the time of application so you should you submitted it , it may have sealed the deal for you on the same day appointment , I know it’s not a requirement for long term residency but now ukvi also does the checks on the previous grant of leave to make sure if the requirements of the previous leave to remain are in place or not , this is only my opinion based on the cases they have held for most of the varied applications to ILR and others .
My only point is when we submit the Docs related to our current leave then it only adds up pressure on the case worker to take a decision on the same day for premium services , especially all Tax payment receipts .
Again not suggesting anything but only my opinion .
Regards
Atif

Moonpk786
Newly Registered

Post by Moonpk786 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:50 am

Dear Atif,
Actually I have all FTIs and Current accounts and it's submission reports and submission of corporation tax with me including employees files but it was in file B in case she (case worker) requested it was not her demand also it was not ILR catagory demand.
My T1 Ent. extension done in Feb. 2017 and still I habe time to fullfill requirement in last year as my T1 visa is going to expire in Feb. 2019. How HO can ask these thing before.time finish? You understand what I mean? Anyways still waiting even paid extra £590/.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:02 am

It seems anecdotally that UKVI is looking for 10yr LRs previously on T1E's that they did the T1E phase seriously

In itself not a bad thing as it is good for the integrity of the T1E route. Should be fair and do those checks rapidly (like one week)

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:42 am

Hi Guys,

I am in the same boat. I applied for ILR by hand (LR) on 19th Jan in Croydon and was handed a 'further checks letter'.

I applied for T1 Ent Ext in April 2017 and was interviewed by Home office on 28 Nov 2017 (no correspondence before 20 Nov 2017)

After the interview I have had no correspondence and varied my application on 19 Jan 2018.

I asked the case worker on 19 Jan to SPECIFICALLY tell me what are these checks as I am sure I can assist them with more information and on top of it I have paid the premium fees in accordance to the rules but they are seriously lacking in providing information to the applicants. As we can all guess the case worker was truly clueless (I could read her face and I am sure this was her first case of ILR application) and while I appreciate that they are humble and apologetic (at least she was to me!), I think they don't realise how much uncertainty their lack of provision of information causes.

To evidence how incompetent the Home Office is sometimes (most of the times?); the compliance officer who came to my interview (I had a frank & relaxed conversation with them) mentioned to me that all they have done is A Levels (the discussion only originated as they were asking me about my Qualifications; I am a Full member of 2 accounting associations in the UK and a Fellow of one again in the UK, along with a Masters Degree at Distinction level from a UK university). The one who was taking notes could NOT even spell names properly (e.g. could not spell Neil and kept on writing is at Nele)

I think the Home Office needs a serious revamp as they think its a wise decision to send someone who has done A levels to check whether a qualified accountant is running their business properly!!!. Definitely need to be checked for their recruitment criteria.

I will really appreciate if people who are in the same boat as me can keep us up to date and any progress on my application I will let you guys know.

Best of luck to everyone.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:53 am

acc25tax wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:42 am
Hi Guys,

I am in the same boat. I applied for ILR by hand (LR) on 19th Jan in Croydon and was handed a 'further checks letter'.

I applied for T1 Ent Ext in April 2017 and was interviewed by Home office on 28 Nov 2017 (no correspondence before 20 Nov 2017)

After the interview I have had no correspondence and varied my application on 19 Jan 2018.

I asked the case worker on 19 Jan to SPECIFICALLY tell me what are these checks as I am sure I can assist them with more information and on top of it I have paid the premium fees in accordance to the rules but they are seriously lacking in providing information to the applicants. As we can all guess the case worker was truly clueless (I could read her face and I am sure this was her first case of ILR application) and while I appreciate that they are humble and apologetic (at least she was to me!), I think they don't realise how much uncertainty their lack of provision of information causes.

To evidence how incompetent the Home Office is sometimes (most of the times?); the compliance officer who came to my interview (I had a frank & relaxed conversation with them) mentioned to me that all they have done is A Levels (the discussion only originated as they were asking me about my Qualifications; I am a Full member of 2 accounting associations in the UK and a Fellow of one again in the UK, along with a Masters Degree at Distinction level from a UK university). The one who was taking notes could NOT even spell names properly (e.g. could not spell Neil and kept on writing is at Nele)

I think the Home Office needs a serious revamp as they think its a wise decision to send someone who has done A levels to check whether a qualified accountant is running their business properly!!!. Definitely need to be checked for their recruitment criteria.

I will really appreciate if people who are in the same boat as me can keep us up to date and any progress on my application I will let you guys know.

Best of luck to everyone.
Please can you continue in your own topic, as you have already been asked.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-long-res ... l#p1588961
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.