ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:15 am

Congrats lisa_simpson!

Now its two ppl got good news in the same day!

Best wishes for all who are still waiting...
Gob00st
lisa_simpson wrote:I joined the forum a few days back!! It is a very useful source of info and helps to calm those nerves!!

Any ways, would like to share some good news!! I received my papers today in the post and it was successful.

I had posted my application on 11 March and received the papers toaday!

So for all you guys who have applied around the same time as me...keep checking your post!!

Best of luck to all

:D

urgent

Hi getkumars

Post by urgent » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:17 pm

Hi getkumars,

Could you please answer the following.

1).What did you provide for english language requirement ? Is it your degree (verified on the self assessment tool )? or IELTS certificate ?
2).Did you provide any letter from NARIC for your educational qualifications ?
3).Did your bank statements had the same name( I mean in the description ) as your company name ? My salary is debited through a third party and hence the name on the bank statements( Third party name who is depositing our money into the bank ) and the name on the pay slips(my company name ) are different ? is it a problme ? How did you manage it ?

I appreciate a quick reply from u.

getkumars wrote:Updating based on telephone conversation with HO :

Date Applied : 25 March
Reached Home office : 26th march
Debit card charged: 27th March
Reference Number Received: 29th March
Reference Number : PB3007***
Decision : 3 rd April(As per conversation)
Documents Received: awaited
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

getkumars
Newly Registered

Post by getkumars » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:29 pm

).What did you provide for english language requirement ? Is it your degree (verified on the self assessment tool )? or IELTS certificate ?

My university was recognized by the self assesement Tool.I provided a printout of the same and a letter from my university stating that the medium of instruction was english.

No just a printout from the Self assesement tool.I also provided my markssheet as additional evidence

3).Did your bank statements had the same name( I mean in the description ) as your company name ? My salary is debited through a third party and hence the name on the bank statements( Third party name who is depositing our money into the bank ) and the name on the pay slips(my company name ) are different ? is it a problme ? How did you manage it ?

In my case also salary was deposited through a third party.i mentioned it in my cover letter.if you have explained it in the cover letter then I think it should not be a problem.

getkumars
Newly Registered

Post by getkumars » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:21 pm

my maintainence fund cover letter

xxx
Email:xxx
Phone xxx
Dated: 25/03/2008
Sub: Cover letter for the Maintenance (Funds) Requirement.

To,
The Assessing Officer

RE: Points-based system: Tier 1 (General) highly skilled workers

Dear Sir/Madam,
I currently work with xxx as a xxx.

Following my conversation with the Home Office Enquiry desk, I enclose evidence of the availability of personal funds in my Indian Savings Account to maintain and accommodate myself without recourse to the public funds.

Please note that my UK current account is with HSBC UK and original bank statements for a period of last six months (17 September 2007-15 March 2008) are included in the ‘previous earnings’ section. This is my primary bank account in the UK where my salary is credited.
UK current account details:
Bank Details:
xxx
URL: http://www.hsbc.co.uk

Account Details:
Account Holder’s Name: xxx
Account No: xxx
Sort Code: xxx

However, for this section, I would like only my Indian Savings account to be considered for the ease of the Assessing Officer and save the hassles of considering multiple accounts.

The minimum bank balance in my Indian Savings Account over a period exceeding last 3 months has never been less than INR xxx.00 which is equivalent to £xxx.5(details of the conversion are below). As per the point 190 of the ‘Tier 1 (General) of the Points Based System –Policy Guidance’ document, I am claiming 10 points for the Maintenance (Funds) requirement

Details of Bank and Account showing availability of personal funds:

Currency: Indian National Rupee (INR)
Bank Details:

xxx
URL: http://www.icici.com

Account Details:
Account Holder’s Name: xxx
Account No: xx
Bank Code: xx

Please find enclosed the required evidence as requested, as well as an additional piece of evidence, and I hope that this meets with your approval for the points that I am claiming.

Required Evidence:

1. Personal Bank Statements:

I am enclosing my personal bank statements (xxx) from 1st November 2007 to 14th March 2008. The bank statements are notated with my name, account number, date of the statement, bank’s name and logo, and the financial transactions over this period, which covers more than the last three months.

Bank statements are stamped and signed by:
Contact details:
xxx
Phone: xxx
Fax: xxx
As per bank statements the available balance all through was INR xxx.00.
Minimum INR: xxx.00

I have converted the INR to Sterling by using the www.oanda.com Currency Converter ® Results and have enclosed a copy for your perusal. Below is a summary of the conversion:

(Live mid-market rates as of 14.03.2008 when the bank statements were issued)

1 Indian Rupee = 0.01217 British Pound
1 British Pound (GBP) = 82.14194 Indian Rupee (INR)

xxx.00 INR= xx.5 GBP

Additional Evidence:

1. Letter from the bank:

I have enclosed a letter from the bank (xxx), stating my balance over a period greater than the last 3 months, my name, account number, date and contains bank’s name and logo.

I have converted the INR to Sterling by using the www.oanda.com Currency Converter ® Results and have enclosed a copy for your perusal. Below is a summary of the conversion:

(Live mid-market rates as of 14.03.2008 when the bank statements were issued)

1 Indian Rupee = 0.01217 British Pound
1 British Pound (GBP) = 82.14194 Indian Rupee (INR)

Minimum bank balance as the letter INR: xxx.00

xxx.00 INR= xxx.5 GBP

As per the letter, and currency conversion above a fund in excess of £800.00 has been available in my account for a period greater than the last three months.
The letter is stamped and signed by:
Contact details:
xxx

Supporting Evidence:
1. Scan of the Original cheque book and old VISA debit card:
I have enclosed herein a scan of my original cheque book which shows my name and account number. I have also enclosed a scan of my old debit card which also shows my name.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,

xxx

getkumars
Newly Registered

Post by getkumars » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:23 pm

sorry wrong thread

urgent

Post by urgent » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi getkumars,

Thanks for your quick reply.
Thanks again
getkumars wrote:).What did you provide for english language requirement ? Is it your degree (verified on the self assessment tool )? or IELTS certificate ?

My university was recognized by the self assesement Tool.I provided a printout of the same and a letter from my university stating that the medium of instruction was english.

No just a printout from the Self assesement tool.I also provided my markssheet as additional evidence

In my case also salary was deposited through a third party.i mentioned it in my cover letter.if you have explained it in the cover letter then I think it should not be a problem.
indian,

urgent

Post by urgent » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Hi GobOOst,

How about u ? Can you please explain the answers for the following ....
thanks
urgent wrote:Hi getkumars,

Thanks again
getkumars wrote:).What did you provide for english language requirement ? Is it your degree (verified on the self assessment tool )? or IELTS certificate ?

indian,

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:08 pm

Hi urgent:

Since my case has not even been assigned to a case worker yet, not mention get approved, my answer will not have a point. I think its better to ask ppl who have got approved already to answer those questions so that we could get a correct impression of what is needed for the initial application as a good example.

Regards,

Gob00st

urgent wrote:Hi GobOOst,

How about u ? Can you please explain the answers for the following ....
thanks
urgent wrote:Hi getkumars,

Thanks again

Gob00st

New theory of how TIER 1 application being prioritize !

Post by Gob00st » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:45 pm

My new theory of how HO prioritize TIER 1 applications:

It is possible that HO will process those applicants who claim higher marks first.They might have a initial filtering before a application being assigned to a caseworker. Those who claim higher mark got bigger hope of getting approved, that's why my theory is higher mark applicant got allocated to caseworker first, hence got approve first or rejected first.

What do you guys think?

People(sinspider,aylee,lisa_simpson,getkumars) who got approved or rejected already could you please let us know how many marks(just a overall mark would be enough) you were claiming for?

It all your answer are high mark, it could prove my theory.

Regards,

Gob00st

lisa_simpson
Newly Registered

Re: New theory of how TIER 1 application being prioritize !

Post by lisa_simpson » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:50 pm

I don't think so.....But if if helps, I claimed 80 points.
Gob00st wrote:My new theory of how HO prioritize TIER 1 applications:

It is possible that HO will process those applicants who claim higher marks first.They might have a initial filtering before a application being assigned to a caseworker. Those who claim higher mark got bigger hope of getting approved, that's why my theory is higher mark applicant got allocated to caseworker first, hence got approve first or rejected first.

What do you guys think?

People(sinspider,aylee,lisa_simpson,getkumars) who got approved or rejected already could you please let us know how many marks(just a overall mark would be enough) you were claiming for?

Regards,

Gob00st

ayleee
Newly Registered

Post by ayleee » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:21 pm

I dont agree on this theory that the more points you claim the more chance you have to be dealt with first.

I only claimed 75 points.

age 20
masters degree from UK 35
earning from UK 15.
uk experience claimed on earning 5

Regards
Ayleee
lisa_simpson wrote:I don't think so.....But if if helps, I claimed 80 points.

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:32 pm

Thanks Ayleee and lisa_simpson for your swift reply.
It seems my theory is totally busted,sorry about that.

Actually I was trying to find a logical explanation why ppl submit later could get a caseworker first (for example getkumars who debited on 27th March).
But i didn't find one unless HO was lying all the way...

Any thoughts guys?

Regards
Gob00st

ayleee wrote:I dont agree on this theory that the more points you claim the more chance you have to be dealt with first.

I only claimed 75 points.

age 20
masters degree from UK 35
earning from UK 15.
uk experience claimed on earning 5

Regards
Ayleee
lisa_simpson wrote:I don't think so.....But if if helps, I claimed 80 points.

irf_bar

Post by irf_bar » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:41 pm

hI Gob00st,

I don't think so, because im claiming 110 points under this new point system. If i see according to you then i would have got my application in my hand with the results by this time.

Regards,
Irf

What do you guys think?

Regards,

Gob00st

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi irf_bar:

Thanks for you information, 110 is great mark though, good for you. But it seems my theory was busted...

Maybe HO was just lying to us who made inquiry of application progress within 28 days of receipt of Ref number which is not recommended by HO unless there is a emergency which btw is getkumars's case who mentioned he need to travel to HO.But it is just my personal opinion.

Any thoughts guys?

Regards,
Gob00st

irf_bar wrote:hI Gob00st,

I don't think so, because im claiming 110 points under this new point system. If i see according to you then i would have got my application in my hand with the results by this time.

Regards,
Irf

What do you guys think?

Regards,

Gob00st

asiar08
Newly Registered

Post subject: Re: New theory of how TIER 1 application being

Post by asiar08 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:13 pm

Hi,

Today, I called to HO and they told me that my application for LTR-Tier1 has not been assigned yet to case worker and they are processing application (payment received) of 07th March 08....I don't know to what extent it is authentic??

-asiar08

carpra
Newly Registered
India

Is FLR required for Tier one

Post by carpra » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:16 pm

Congratulations lisa_simpson, getkumars !

I have applied for Tier One on March 20. Have received the reference. but waiting for the decision.

Now that you have the Tier One approved, Did you receive your Passport with the Tier 1 visa stamping (or) do you need to apply for FLR.

Please clarify

urgent

Post by urgent » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:17 pm

Hi Gob00st,

You are right...if you call them before 28 days, then they may not be happy to answer your question and I believe they are lying. I am sure your application would have been through and waiting for stamping. I hope you will receive your documents in few days with 3 years stamp on it.

All the best to everyone.

Gob00st wrote:Hi irf_bar:

Thanks for you information, 110 is great mark though, good for you. But it seems my theory was busted...

Maybe HO was just lying to us who made inquiry of application progress within 28 days of receipt of Ref number which is not recommended by HO unless there is a emergency which btw is getkumars's case who mentioned he need to travel to HO.But it is just my personal opinion.

Any thoughts guys?

Regards,
Gob00st

Regards,
Irf

What do you guys think?

Regards,

Gob00st
indian,

Gob00st

Re: Post subject: Re: New theory of how TIER 1 application b

Post by Gob00st » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi Asiar08:
Thanks for updating. If you review all comments here in this thread, you will soon find out not everything they say is authentic... And the reason is probably our query within 28 days is not recommended by HO except emergency??

Regards,
Gob00st
asiar08 wrote:Hi,

Today, I called to HO and they told me that my application for LTR-Tier1 has not been assigned yet to case worker and they are processing application (payment received) of 07th March 08....I don't know to what extent it is authentic??

-asiar08

getkumars
Newly Registered

Post by getkumars » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:29 pm

I think HO is not giving correct status.Going by mine and earlier members cases I think decision on the application is made within 1 week and max 2 week and then passport is send for stamping which ideally should take 2-3 days and additional 2-3 days for sending the document.

So as per my estimate we should have our documents back in at max 3 weeks unless they are waiting on some document or case worker's allocation.

irf_bar

Post by irf_bar » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi Gob00st,

what ever we are claiming it should be minimum 75 points and compleletly depend on the case worker. We have seen the cases like sispinder with out any proper reason he is disqualified.

Don't worry mate we will here soon.

Best of luck for yours application

Regards,
Irf

Any thoughts guys?

Regards,
Gob00st

Regards,
Irf

What do you guys think?

Regards,

Gob00st

irf_bar

Hi guys

Post by irf_bar » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:32 pm

Is their any case who has got the approval letter and passport all in the same day/time.

Approvals please share the info.

Regards,
Irf.

getkumars
Newly Registered

Post by getkumars » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:33 pm

i was talking to one of my friend ,he has applied for EC in March and HO Enquiry told him there is a delay in returning of documents as recently they shifted floors/building.

skris
Newly Registered

Tier 1 processing times

Post by skris » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:39 pm

Interesting to see some theories floating around processing times but I dont think BIA would give false information under any circumstances. From what I can see, getkumars' was a straightforward case where he already had HSMP approval and he just sent it for stamping.

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:50 pm

Hi Urgent:

Thanks for your comments, I think they are probably lying specially after I heard Asiar08 got the reply from HO today saying his case had not been assigned to caseworker yet which is very unlikely bcos he's money being debited on 13th of March.

Best of luck to you case and to ALL!
Gob00st

urgent wrote:Hi Gob00st,

You are right...if you call them before 28 days, then they may not be happy to answer your question and I believe they are lying. I am sure your application would have been through and waiting for stamping. I hope you will receive your documents in few days with 3 years stamp on it.

All the best to everyone.

Any thoughts guys?

Regards,
Gob00st

Regards,
Irf

What do you guys think?

Regards,

Gob00st

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:52 pm

Hi irf_bar:
You are right, hope you will get good news from HO soon.

Best wishes to ALL.
Gob00st
irf_bar wrote:Hi Gob00st,

what ever we are claiming it should be minimum 75 points and compleletly depend on the case worker. We have seen the cases like sispinder with out any proper reason he is disqualified.

Don't worry mate we will here soon.

Best of luck for yours application

Regards,
Irf

Any thoughts guys?

Regards,
Gob00st

Regards,
Irf

What do you guys think?

Regards,

Gob00st