ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Harrsement by UKVI

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

teddybear79

Harrsement by UKVI

Post by teddybear79 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:41 pm

we are not asylum seekers, we have help UK economy by establishing a business , creating jobs and paying taxes and in return have asked nothing.

We have paid for applications to be reviewed and paid a hefty fee for the same, they just cannot treat us like criminals. If applications are not decided within 8 weeks they should give us a solid reason, not just a generic complex letter else refund our fees for being incompetent to perform the job they are paid for. They are in a contract with us to provide us a service within a specified time else inform us the reason. we paid 100% for the service fee.

I have sent an invoice to UKVI to compensate my losses personal, emotional and financial because of their incompetence if they fail to pay my invoice I will drag them to small claims court where you do not need a solicitor to rip you and do nothing. I may not win a big amount but even a decision in my favor would be great.

My advice to all of you to do the same.

uzzal13

Re: Harrsement by UKVI

Post by uzzal13 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:42 pm

I am with u buddy. Too frustrated!!!

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:38 pm

well i am on the same boat i ve applied in october still i havent got any communication from UK VI apart from a generic Complex letter i am running a telecom company and i have a contract with EE i ve attached EE invoices as well with my application which can be verified on my bank statement and with EE as well i ve Clients which are running million pounds company but the problem is that due to my immigration status uncertainty i cannot persue the contracts i lost almost 5 contract during my immigration application time as they asked about my immigration status before handling me a new contract.

2nd thing is that we have paid UK VI a huge amount of fee for our immigration cases i have two depends round about 5.5K Solicitor and accountant accumlated cost is 3k which takes our expense to 8.5K for this visa application and after spending so much on our visa application end of the day we dont get a proper communication from UK VI apart from generic complex letters is waste of time and money

i am positive about my case but if some one asks me if there is a negative outcome i will ask them to refund my 200K which i ve invested in ur economy and return all my taxes which i ve paid to ur govt to run ur economy plus the losses i had and my living expenses i ve done as my business was in profit for first year and 2nd year it was gone down and third down it was worse cos of brexit i think so EU bail money will be taken out from the blood of migrants sorry for my spelling mistakes i am typing from mobile

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:45 pm

I completely understand. I applied august 2016, interviewed oct 2016 and after that nothing. Not even a complex letter.
Called MP couple of times. First they said wait for another 3 months and now they are saying wait for another 6 weeks!!!
They are treating us like a criminals, prisoners, we cannot go and visit family, we cannot go to any holidays, we are under enourmous pressures and pay taxes, pay for NHS and they just expect us to wait.
I am so frustrating now! It has been 18 months and mine is initial application and I have already invested £k50.

And then you hear they refuse applicants after 14 months on the base of interview which held a year ago!!!
It should be something that we can do. Now I am under treatment for depression caused by the situation.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:06 am

with you Bro ✌🏽.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:09 am

A solicitor can always write to them asking “what are factors which make one application complex ?”

Momi

Post by Momi » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:33 am

There is nothing we can do except wait. They have more than 2.2 million pending applications.
I have stopped thinking about extension since I heard that from my MP.

Aabdulwaheed

Post by Aabdulwaheed » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:36 am

Home office is cowboys. Treated people like animal. This country claim for best human rights?? what nonsense? where is human rights for us.? worst people on earth is these home office UKVI.
We Paid fee, taxes, running business genuinely, Contributing in economy but as outcome this long unnecessary waits. one of my business bank account is going to be closed due to non availability of passport and visa. Bank manager didn't accepted the Bio-metric and acknowledgement letter. Bank gave me 21 days to provide valid identity documents before to close the business bank account.Luckily got two bank accounts.

I am with you my friend. I am also consulting to take them into the civil court to claim all compensation due to delay in visa application. I didnt even received the complex letter.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:40 am

Shaaz2029 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:09 am
A solicitor can always write to them asking “what are factors which make one application complex ?”
Many would agree that the rules are too complex.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:45 am

90% applicants got complex letters. Just wondering what’s the criteria of a complex case 🤔

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:50 am

The irony is we pay taxes and IHS as well. Technically if you pay tax, you are paying for social services like NHS, police etc. But they get money from us twice.

doodle
Mood:

Post by doodle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:08 am

I am on the same boat, I applied on 17th August, Bio-metrics on 23 August, Since then I haven’t received any thing from Home Office, not even a complex letter. Its almost 5 months now.
Sitting in a dark room.

1bradymate
India

Post by 1bradymate » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:33 am

I have applied in January 17 after complex letter no reply don’t know what to do

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:25 am

I don't know what percentage of T1Es are represented in this forum* and there is no reason to consider T1Es as a community. BUT if we did consider this forum as a community, what comes across is we did this to ourselves and as a community are bring very low economic value to the UK, with a mostly low value, minimum wage jobs that often seem to disappear the moment we reach the minima.

It seems that T1E has become the route to go not "because the UK is the best place to run my business" but "I have no other available visa routes so I'll try this entrepreneur thing"

Does the UK really need immigrants to open kebab shops?
Yes society does need min wage jobs and McJobs is a place many got their first one, but again does UK need immigrants to lead that? Do you need an immigrant to run a subway franchise?
Have you seen the ones that come here and ask "now that I got ILR can I close my business and get a job"? Was that the intention of T1E route??

I would make changes to the route. Ability to travel during extension and ILR (matters little for the Kebab shops, but for the international tech startups it could kill the business). Guaranteed fast turn around. A more holistic look at the business (hard to manage by bureaucrats I know) but in return higher level of business e.g:

1. All jobs (for points) must be double the min wage (which is not a lot BTW)
2. More restrictive on the type of business opened.

*likely the "high flying" ones don't come here, just use expensive solicitors to handle their affairs.

Momi

Post by Momi » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 am

I have seen only one thing in uk because my all cousins, uncles and other family member live here.
If you are living on benefits they treat you like a king but if you are paying all your expenses and not taking any kind of benefit then you are a criminal.
Tier 1 was a bad choice for me, whereas I had open option.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:40 am

Its really frustrating mates. The rules are very complex and sometimes difficult to understand. If you give your all to your business, you wont have time to master very difficult rules. Its really tough.
Bizman

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:52 pm

anyone waiting from 2016?

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:56 pm

bizman wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:40 am
The rules are very complex and sometimes difficult to understand.
This forum is a great resource I used to understand those rules.

I did not accept changing FPS on another SW and delyaed my application by a few months and took the risk to apply and explained in cover letter. There were fine and now they have changed this useless regulation anyway

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:57 pm

Social media weblink removed by moderator

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:08 pm

Shaaz2029 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:57 pm
Social media weblink removed by moderator
would have been a bit easy if this was on a saturday please every one come down

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:17 pm

nasiaziz wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:52 pm
anyone waiting from 2016?
Yes. I am waiting since aug 2016. What about u?

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:24 pm

oct 2016 for extention app

kaps84
Member of Standing

Post by kaps84 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:39 pm

seasky wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:25 am
I don't know what percentage of T1Es are represented in this forum*
Hi Moderators, Is there a way to know this? Since we know from the statistics that there would be around 3000 (approx) applications of extension (including people who switch into this category) this year (assumptions based on the stats for last few years)

Or,

Is there a way to have an anonymous poll (if there is an option) to know how many unique entrepreneurs are here, from each year?

Just out of curiosity ! Would be interesting.
-- Kaps84

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:36 pm

kaps84 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:39 pm
seasky wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:25 am
I don't know what percentage of T1Es are represented in this forum*
Hi Moderators, Is there a way to know this? Since we know from the statistics that there would be around 3000 (approx) applications of extension (including people who switch into this category) this year (assumptions based on the stats for last few years) No there isn't

Or,

Is there a way to have an anonymous poll (if there is an option) to know how many unique entrepreneurs are here, from each year? This wouldn't give a true result as not all Tier1E members would choose to contribute. :idea:

Just out of curiosity ! Would be interesting.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 pm

waiting since dec 2016!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.