ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convention Travel Documents application time experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:56 am

Kevin7v wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:52 am
Hi, just received a call from HO
and clarified my reasoning
Been told that will be in touch. ( not agreed/refused my request for urgent )
Then received an email in 10 min

“Good Morning
Thank you for your enquiry regarding your application for a Home office travel document.
Your application has been passed to case worker for consideration and you will be notified in due course of the outcome.
Regards
Travel Documents Section”

What does this indicates??
It means exactly what it says. It is being considered and is in process. It does not mean it is approved or refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kinan
- thin ice -
Mood:

Post by Kinan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi all
Anyone know if a chartered accountant can sign for travel documents?

citizenearth
Newly Registered

Post by citizenearth » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:18 pm

Kevin7v wrote:
pabloesc wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:44 am
Kevin7v wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:40 am
Hi guys
I applied for TD renewal online on 27/10/17.
Home office received it on 31/10/17.
Received the acknowledgment letter
and BRP back on the 16/11/17.
But I need to travel very urgently; for an unavoidable purpose. ( end of this month )
Please help me 😰
How can I speed up the process?
hi Kevin,

In cases of genuine emergencies the Home Office will accept requests to process urgently. You would need to supply evidence of the emergency or reason for requesting priority processing. Read the guidance online. Section 22 of this guidance says:
"Please note that we will only deal with an application as a priority if there is a sufficiently
compelling or compassionate reason to do so, supported by acceptable documentary evidence.
Examples of acceptable evidence might be a recent death certificate, or a recent medical report or
Doctor’s letter. Copies of documentary evidence can be emailed to
traveldocumentenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or faxed to 020 8196 0109."

GOOD LUCK!
08-01-2018 send an email to explain my urgency for the TD with documents(proof of urgent)

“Good Morning
Thank you for your enquiry regarding your application for a Home office travel document.
Your application has been passed to case worker for consideration and you will be notified in due course of the outcome.
Regards

I sent an email for priority request on 29 Dec and only got the auto acknowledgment email mentioning that they will look into my email within 20 working days. Waiting for feedback

pabloesc
Newly Registered

Post by pabloesc » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:16 pm

Kinan wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:22 pm
Hi all
Anyone know if a chartered accountant can sign for travel documents?
I think the list of people who can sign is very specific on page 14 of the paper form. To give your application the best chance of success stick to that list.

Mido0o
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Mido0o » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:54 am

Hello everyone
My application timeline ( Renewing)
Eligibility criteria: refugee status ILR (convention travel document)
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 27/09/ 2017
Date of receipt by UKBA: 29/09/ 2017
Date of debit of fees: 1/10/ 2017
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 26/10/2017
Date of receipt of old travel document: 15/01/2018
Date of receipt of new travel document: 17/01/2018
Thanks!
Good luck

Kevin7v
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin7v » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:04 am

citizenearth wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:18 pm
Kevin7v wrote:
pabloesc wrote:
Kevin7v wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:40 am
Hi guys
I applied for TD renewal online on 27/10/17.
Home office received it on 31/10/17.
Received the acknowledgment letter
and BRP back on the 16/11/17.
But I need to travel very urgently; for an unavoidable purpose. ( end of this month )
Please help me 😰
How can I speed up the process?
hi Kevin,

In cases of genuine emergencies the Home Office will accept requests to process urgently. You would need to supply evidence of the emergency or reason for requesting priority processing. Read the guidance online. Section 22 of this guidance says:
"Please note that we will only deal with an application as a priority if there is a sufficiently
compelling or compassionate reason to do so, supported by acceptable documentary evidence.
Examples of acceptable evidence might be a recent death certificate, or a recent medical report or

GOOD LUCK!
08-01-2018 send an email to explain my urgency for the TD with documents(proof of urgent)

“Good Morning
Regards

I sent an email for priority request on 29 Dec and only got the auto acknowledgment email mentioning that they will look into my email within 20 working days. Waiting for feedback
Hello guys,
Just received my TD 19/01/2018
Thanks a lots mates.
Good luck for everyone

Mhn2018
Newly Registered

Post by Mhn2018 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi everyone,
Thank you for sharing your experiences. I recieved my ILR just before the New Year. I waited 7 months since I applied. Absolutely frustrated to realise that I had to apply for a new TD separately. Five years ago when I applied for my first TD, it took almost a year.
Also shocked that I had to send back my original BRP to the HO. I do not understand why HO couldn't update the old TD or issue a new one at the same time. Neither do I understand why they want to see the original BRP that they have jsut sent to me.
I have been unable to travel for more than a year now. So many opportunities I have missed. Not to mention how much I have suffered from the miserable weather of this island without a break. The people at the HO simply do not care about us. This should not take them more than a couple of weeks to process. The rest of the time is wasted on the que, which could have been avoided had they cared more about people's lives.
They have all the info they need about us already. That ridiculous requirement of sending a certified photo! For God's sake. They have got all the biometrics and photoes they need as part of ILR application. They really disgust me. Anyway, enough of complaining. My timeline:
  • Online application submitted: 23/12/2017
    Original documents sent: 2/1/2018
    Recieved acknowledgment letter and BRP: 20/1/2018
    Now waiting for up to 70 working days, which means 102 days in human life!

Discretion
Ghana

Post by Discretion » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:48 am

Mhn2018 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:52 pm
Hi everyone,
Thank you for sharing your experiences. I recieved my ILR just before the New Year. I waited 7 months since I applied. Absolutely frustrated to realise that I had to apply for a new TD separately. Five years ago when I applied for my first TD, it took almost a year.
Also shocked that I had to send back my original BRP to the HO. I do not understand why HO couldn't update the old TD or issue a new one at the same time. Neither do I understand why they want to see the original BRP that they have jsut sent to me.
I have been unable to travel for more than a year now. So many opportunities I have missed. Not to mention how much I have suffered from the miserable weather of this island without a break. The people at the HO simply do not care about us. This should not take them more than a couple of weeks to process. The rest of the time is wasted on the que, which could have been avoided had they cared more about people's lives.
They have all the info they need about us already. That ridiculous requirement of sending a certified photo! For God's sake. They have got all the biometrics and photoes they need as part of ILR application. They really disgust me. Anyway, enough of complaining. My timeline:

Hello mhn2018

I understand how u fill, u just hv to be patient because this HO thingy is really night mare.
But when i got my ILR and i applied for TD straight away . My travel document took 1month and 20 days to get. So pls be patient u will get it soon.

Am Discretion

pabloesc
Newly Registered

Post by pabloesc » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:43 am

Kevin7v wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:04 am
citizenearth wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:18 pm
Kevin7v wrote:
pabloesc wrote:

hi Kevin,

GOOD LUCK!

“Good Morning
Regards

Hello guys,
Just received my TD 19/01/2018
Thanks a lots mates.
Good luck for everyone
CONGRATS MATE!!

pabloesc
Newly Registered

Post by pabloesc » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:51 am

Mhn2018 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Hi.

Be patient my friend. I know it can be frustrating to wait but remember none of this (ILR,TD, living in the UK) is an entitlement or automatic right for us.

Mhn2018
Newly Registered

Post by Mhn2018 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:57 pm

pabloesc wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:51 am
Mhn2018 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Hi.

Be patient my friend. I know it can be frustrating to wait but remember none of this (ILR,TD, living in the UK) is an entitlement or automatic right for us.
Hi, thank you. But I am not sure I would agree with you on "none of this is our entitlement or right". To seek asylum when your life and personal security is at risk is a human right established under international law. To be able to travel is also a human right. To be eligible for ILR after 5 years is also a legal right under EU law with which the UK is obliged to comply. Am I grateful to the British government and people for they have given me shelter and protection? YES, absolutely. But does not mean that these are not our right. All of these are. It is only the British citizenship that is not a right but a priviledge.

pabloesc
Newly Registered

Post by pabloesc » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:20 pm

Mhn2018 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:57 pm
pabloesc wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:51 am
Mhn2018 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Hi.

Hi, thank you. But I am not sure I would agree with you on "none of this is our entitlement or right". To seek asylum when your life and personal security is at risk is a human right established under international law. To be able to travel is also a human right. To be eligible for ILR after 5 years is also a legal right under EU law with which the UK is obliged to comply. Am I grateful to the British government and people for they have given me shelter and protection? YES, absolutely. But does not mean that these are not our right. All of these are. It is only the British citizenship that is not a right but a priviledge.
Ok, best wishes with your application

citizenearth
Newly Registered

Post by citizenearth » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:17 pm

My application timeline ( Renewing with priority request - family member death certificate sent with application and emailed travel document enquiry with supporting documents)
Eligibility criteria: refugee status ILR (convention travel document)
Method of application: Online application
Date of application: 23/12/ 2017
Date of receipt by HO: posted documents on 23/12/2107 and received by HO on 27/12/2017
Date of debit of fees: 23/12/ 2017
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 18/01/ 2018
Date of receipt of old travel document: 25/01/ 2018
Date of receipt of new travel document: 24/01/ 2018

beatriceh
Newly Registered
France

Post by beatriceh » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:28 pm

Good evening can you help me by your answers? application for the first passport September 28 letter from the home office dated October 21 in which they say 70 days we are on February 12 and still nothing thank you.

Hopeful25
Iran

Post by Hopeful25 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:49 am

Hi All,
Hope someone can help me.
I applied for my travel document 29th January. I got an email adivising they have received my payment and I got a reference but when I check my account the money of £72 has not been taken ? Does this mean they haven’t took the money yet or the haven’t even processed anytning.
Any information is great thank you

Raynato
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by Raynato » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:54 pm

just a quick note/question,
it seems all BRPs are issued until 31/12/2024 due to encryption regulations, but will this mean that travel documents are issued to the same date? can people who had TDs issued lately confirm whether that is the case? i.e, r ur TDs valid for 10 years or inline with the date on the BRPs

whassan
Newly Registered

Post by whassan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:57 pm

oh still waiting for my first TD .applied via post 23 of November 2017 .acknowledgment letter with BRP RECEIVED 15th of December.anyone plz share time experience how long I have to wait more I m so stressed should I contact with home office ?anyone have home office contacts number or email plz plz plz share with me thank u so much u all .

Chanel2015
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Chanel2015 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:47 pm

Has anyone used a solicitor to apply for a COD? How Long did it take you to get it?

adncs38

Post by adncs38 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:50 pm

beatriceh wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:28 pm
Good evening can you help me by your answers? application for the first passport September 28 letter from the home office dated October 21 in which they say 70 days we are on February 12 and still nothing thank you.
did u get your CTD ?

pabloesc
Newly Registered

Post by pabloesc » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Eligibility criteria: refugee status ILR (convention travel document) (renewal)
Method of application: Online
Date of application & Fees: 02 Nov 2017
Date Documents sent: 02 Nov 2017
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 21 Nov 2017
Date of return of supporting documents: 02 Mar 2018
Date of receipt of travel document: 09 Mar 2018
good luck everyone!

Freef
Newly Registered
Guyana

Post by Freef » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi All,

Applied online on 4th December 2017.
Document received by HO 6th December 2017.
Acknowledgement letter received 19th December 2017.

As of 16 March my application is under process 70 working days!

Called home office multiple times and they said they are considering applications sent in November! And they will pass my application to a case worker in due course! So frustrating. I have to travel on 14th April after almost a year waiting for my ILR! Don’t know what to do!

trirublya
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by trirublya » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi everyone. This is my adventure time to renew travel document:
09.11 2017- application sent by RM 1st class recorded delivery
09.12 2017- received finger print letter and done it same day
24.02.2018- received HO letter that my application suspected due to I did't enclose in my application ORIGINAL HO status letter(? what for??) and my National Passport, which had been retained by HO in 1999 and on top of it expired in 2003 !!!??? HO gave me 15 days to send them required document.
26.02.2018- sent recording delivery letter to HO with ORIGINAL status letter and explanation about my National passport.
06.03. 2018- received RM letter from HO with my old Travel document with cutted cornes and letters where they said my new TD and BRP card will arrive in next 7 days.
08/03.2018- received New Travel Document
13/03/2018- received BRP
Good Luck everyone...!!!))

Tagabo
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by Tagabo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:12 am

« We aime to complete 98% of application cases within 70 working days » . I am left with those 2%

I have applied for a travel document on the 14th December( exactly 90days today) I Shortly received acknowledgment letter from the home office. I am very frustrated that my travel document could get lost on its way to be delivered. It has happened with my BRP the other day. It just frustrating me.

Name: xxxxxxxx
HO reference number: xxxxxxxxxx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:42 am

Tagabo wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:12 am
« We aime to complete 98% of application cases within 70 working days » . I am left with those 2%

I have applied for a travel document on the 14th December( exactly 90days today) I Shortly received acknowledgment letter from the home office. I am very frustrated that my travel document could get lost on its way to be delivered. It has happened with my BRP the other day. It just frustrating me.

Name: xxxxxxxx
HO reference number: xxxxxxxxxx
Kindly desist from posting full name and reference numbers on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Freef
Newly Registered
Guyana

Post by Freef » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Please note the processing time is supposed to be 70 workings days not 70 genral days (i.e don’t include the weekends and bank holiday).

It appears we all have been waiting more than 70 working days recently. They are still considering applications received in November so I reckon application sent in December will be coming back in April around after 80-85 working days!

Good luck!