ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Admin review unsucessful

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tamzwillie
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Admin review unsucessful

Post by tamzwillie » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:53 am

Hello guys. My tier 4 UK student visa was denied recently due to the fact that the ECO did not believe i was a genuine student. I had paid my fees in full and i had over enough money in my account for maintenance. I scored 40 points. My school advised me to lodge and admin review to challenge the decision which i did and after the nerve wrecking wait, it came back unsuccessful. i have been really sad and depressed because i am actually a genuine student who just wants to do my masters and come back to my country. its just really sad. and my school says they can not issue me another CAS to re apply. please what can i do. i am willing to apply again and even pay for super priority. I hope my dreams and chances to study in the UK are not gone. Please advice me.

Date: 19th December 2017

Name: full name removed by moderator
Our Reference: xxxxxxxxxx

Email address provided with the application: email address removed by moderator
Email address provided with the AR request: as above

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxx,

Administrative Review under the Points Based System (PBS)

You applied for entry clearance to the United Kingdom under Tier 4 of the Points Based System. Your application failed to meet the qualifying criteria and was refused on 14/11/2017. Your request for Administrative Review was received by this office on 30/11/2017.

I have reviewed your application and I am satisfied that the decision to refuse you entry clearance was correct. Details of my decision are on the back of this letter (Points Summary Document).

Yours sincerely,

ORP
Administrative Reviewer

Points Summary Document

Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Our Reference: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CAS
Points Claimed Original Points awarded AR Points awarded
30 30 30
ECM Comment:

The points awarded stand.

Maintenance
Points Claimed Original Points awarded AR Points awarded
10 10 10
ECM Comment:

The points awarded stand.

English language requirement – unable to show proficiency at interview
ECM Comment:

N/A

The Entry Clearance Officer must be satisfied that the applicant is a genuine student
ECM Comment:

You were interviewed on 10/11/2017 in connection with your application for entry clearance. You were asked a series of questions in connection with your plans to study in the United Kingdom to establish whether you are a genuine student as required by paragraph 245ZV(k). The Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) considered your application and circumstances, including the fact that you have been issued with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), in accordance with published guidance. However, the ECO was not satisfied that you are a genuine student for the following reasons:

• When asked why you had chosen this particular course you stated “Master degree – civil engineering – start date 17 January 2018 – I graduated from Ghana in 2015 and I was working as an electrical engineer and by doing the job there’s still some things that I need to do for myself and this master will give me an edge on other prospective jobs” This is a vague response and does not demonstrate specifically how you will directly benefit from successfully completing the course in the United Kingdom. Given the overall expense of attending the course, this undermines the credibility of your application.
• During the interview you were asked why you chose to study at this institution, you responded “University of east London – I considered this because it’s one of the new leading universities in the UK and it’s in the heart of the docklands” This is a generic answer and does not demonstrate that you have conducted any research in to the benefits of studying at any other institutes. This lack of research also undermines your credibility as a genuine student.
• Furthermore, when asked how the course will help you with your future plans, you stated “We are a developing country ad we need more Nigerians to help shape our country and also the to help teach our country it’s a big plus for us here” Again, this is a very vague answer and does not show how this course will directly help you to achieve your career goals or outline a clear plan of how you intend to find work in your chosen profession.

I have reviewed your application and the statements in your Administrative Review (AR) form. The interview record is a verbatim account of the questions and answers at the interview and I am satisfied that it has accurately recorded the responses given. You state that you believe that ‘electrical’ may have been misheard when you state ‘entry level’. However, this does not affect the ECO’s concerns regarding your statements regarding why you have decided to study this course. This was due to your statement that the course will give you the edge over your competitors. Also you have stated that you considered other academic institutions in the UK, however the statements you have given have not satisfactorily demonstrated that you have considered the relative merits of the different courses and institutions concerned. Although the question whether you would directly benefit from this course is not asked, you were asked, ‘What are your future plans?’; ‘How will studying this course help you achieve this?’; and ‘What is your expected salary upon return to your home country?’. The answers to these questions did not satisfactorily demonstrate that the costs of your proposed study are commensurate with the anticipated benefits of having done so.

Given the above, I am therefore not satisfied you are a genuine student and the decision to refuse your application under paragraph 245ZV(k) of the Immigration Rules is maintained.

General Grounds for Refusal
ECM Comment:

N/A

Thefulani
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Admin review unsucessful

Post by Thefulani » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:42 am

Helo,did u get an acknowledgement email aftr sending ur admin review?

tamzwillie
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by tamzwillie » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:52 am

Thefulani wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:42 am
Helo,did u get an acknowledgement email aftr sending ur admin review?
Yes i did. i have already gotten the feed back for the admin review and it was unsuccessful. what do you suggest?

Thefulani
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Thefulani » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:59 am

Sory abt ur refusal, i feel u shuld reapply,if d sch can refund ur fees and apply to anoda sch n also re apply for visa.

tamzwillie
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by tamzwillie » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:35 am

Thefulani wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:59 am
Sory abt ur refusal, i feel u shuld reapply,if d sch can refund ur fees and apply to anoda sch n also re apply for visa.
Oh for real? can that actually work? do you know anyone who has been denied on not being a genuine student that did that and got the visa?

Akunna
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Akunna » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:10 pm

Hi Tams, I think we share same loss, I was denied visa last September because ECO didn't believe I was a genuine student too, I filed for AR, it was refused too. I applied for refund at my University, I got my refund withing 4weeks, I've currently applied and gotten CAS in a new University, i've also applied for a fresh visa, hoping to make it this January. Now I know the reason they denied me visa (credibility interview) its left for me to study hard.
Anyway, does anyone know someone who has received such miracle?
Please encourage us. Thanks

tamzwillie
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by tamzwillie » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:13 am

Akunna wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:10 pm
Hi Tams, I think we share same loss, I was denied visa last September because ECO didn't believe I was a genuine student too, I filed for AR, it was refused too. I applied for refund at my University, I got my refund withing 4weeks, I've currently applied and gotten CAS in a new University, i've also applied for a fresh visa, hoping to make it this January. Now I know the reason they denied me visa (credibility interview) its left for me to study hard.
Anyway, does anyone know someone who has received such miracle?
Please encourage us. Thanks
oh wow. i can only imagine .best of luck and please let me know the outcome

Libiforever
Newly Registered
Mood:
Libya

Post by Libiforever » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:17 pm

Hey guys i am writing this just to let others know my experience. i applied for visa and it was refused on credibility basis then applied for AR and it was overturned. you need to get help from your university immigration adviser as its part of their work and are immigration officer and know well the rules. then you need to address your point correctly and read throughout your refusal notice and remember any thing you said in the interview. it needs preparation not just submitting anything.