ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife on benefits how much income does she need to meet adequate maintenance

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gemini3913
Newly Registered
United States of America

Wife on benefits how much income does she need to meet adequate maintenance

Post by gemini3913 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:16 am

My wife is currently living in the UK, she is getting benefits and is exempt from the financial requirement but needs to meet the adequate maintenance requirement. I have two questions. First how much income will she need to have in order to prove adequate maintenance for us and 6 children. Second, when we submit the visa application will she need to supply both ingoing and outgoing transactions ? or just a record of incoming transactions to show her income? She is in the middle of paying off debts that have overdrafted into her bank account recently due to a nasty residency battle with her ex. I need to know this because obviously if they are going to want to see her balance/outgoing transactions this will definately go against us. I am trying to get over as soon as possible. She is currently pregnant with my child, she was on birth control and fell pregnant. We had planned to have one child together once I arrived in the UK on my visa, but this has kind of put a rush on our timeline. I want to be there to cut the cord when my child is born. I also don't want to dump all parental responsibility on her when the baby is born. Please if you have links to information about any of what I've posted on post it here. Thank You

vinny

Re: Wife on benefits how much income does she need to meet adequate maintenance

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:44 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gemini3913
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by gemini3913 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:52 am

Thank you can anyone tell me if we need to show outbound transactions as well as proving adequate maintenance or if we just have to show income

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:33 am

B =
12A wrote:(f) The monthly housing and Council Tax costs for the accommodation in the UK in which the applicant (and any other family members who are or will be part of the same household) lives or will live if the application is granted.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:42 am

Which benefits is your wife currently claiming?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.