ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa worries

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

voda93
Newly Registered
Singapore

Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa worries

Post by voda93 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:17 am

Hi all -

I've recently applied for my Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa (Initial) on 10 Jan, and I applied from outside the UK.

I paid for the priority service, and I was informed by the staff processing my application for the Manila office that it would likely take 5 working days for me to get my passport back. The estimated usual processing time told to me was 15 working days, so I had no qualms in confirming late Jan/early Feb travel plans since I also paid for priority.

It has now been 13 working days since I applied on 10 Jan. I have two important trips out of my country on 28 Jan (Sun), and in 5 more working days on 4 Feb (Sun). I am absolutely gutted and anxious that I may have to miss both trips and suffer a big monetary loss...

I've also messaged the UKVI service and paid for the email enquiry but have only got a generic reply. There has been no other way for me to get updates about my application.

(1) I was wondering if any of you have advice for me, and
(2) If you applied for the Tier 1 GE Visa (initial), how long did it take for your to get your passport back after biometrics? What is the timeline of your app?
(3) What is the average success rate for the Tier 1 GE Visa (initial)?

thaicharoens
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa worries

Post by thaicharoens » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi,

I too applied for a T1 GE initial visa outside the UK on the 3rd Jan. Was quoted 15 working days, and still waiting. With regards to your question, the success rate for T1 GE is over 95%, as per a report in 2015. If you were endorsed by a HEI it could take up to 8 weeks to get the visa processed.

I'm sitting here worried too! At least I'm not alone, and hope we both get the visa soon!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:49 pm

A work visa a very unlikely to be decided within such a timeframe. You should expect at least several weeks
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

voda93
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by voda93 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:23 am

zimba88 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:49 pm
A work visa a very unlikely to be decided within such a timeframe. You should expect at least several weeks
Thanks Zimba, you're right. My student visa years ago was super quick so I had unrealistic expectations.

Makes sense. Only wished I found this forum sooner!

voda93
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by voda93 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:24 am

thaicharoens wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:48 pm
Hi,

I too applied for a T1 GE initial visa outside the UK on the 3rd Jan. Was quoted 15 working days, and still waiting. With regards to your question, the success rate for T1 GE is over 95%, as per a report in 2015. If you were endorsed by a HEI it could take up to 8 weeks to get the visa processed.

I'm sitting here worried too! At least I'm not alone, and hope we both get the visa soon!
Hey thaicharoens, thanks for the figure. Good to know it's a high success rate. Yeah I was told it could take up to 8 weeks, but my uni advised most of the time it took 3 weeks so I had higher hopes. All the best for you too! Cheers

Azhar1107
Newly Registered
India

Post by Azhar1107 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:12 pm

Hi there...

Even I have applied for the tier 1 GE visa for priority services but I am yet to receive the decision past 11 days.. can anyone let me know how long does it take and whether the chance of getting it is higher.

Regards