ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gob00st

Re: Tier 1 processing times

Post by Gob00st » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi Skris:
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and theory.
Do you happens to have another theory for Asiar08's case who's money being debited on 13th of March and just got reply from HO today saying his case has not being assigned to caseworker yet?
I really appreciate your reply.

Regards
Gob00st
skris wrote:Interesting to see some theories floating around processing times but I dont think BIA would give false information under any circumstances. From what I can see, getkumars' was a straightforward case where he already had HSMP approval and he just sent it for stamping.

getkumars
Newly Registered

Post by getkumars » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:11 pm

I applied for Tier 1 General application and didn't had HSMp approval

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi All,
Thank you urgent!Here i come with one more issue.
How to calculate previous earning...with gross pay or net pay..
For me i have to calculate 4 months indian salary(gross 1,05000per month)and 8 months in uk around 4000/month.Please clarify me.
thanks and regards,

getkumars
Newly Registered

Post by getkumars » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:23 pm

Things are calculated based on gross pay.

4 months Indian pay multiply it with FX Exchange rate for the last date of Indian salary + 8 months of UK salary

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:42 pm

Thank you kumar!
Congratulations for your success!
1.I am little confused about pro rata analysis..can i go thru jus self assesment ..is that what you told that 4mths ind+8months uk?

2.I did my engg degree in madurai kamaraj university.I got uknaric approval also..IN my semester mark sheets itself found medium of
instruction is english.Is that enough to prove my english knowledge.

regards,
shivaa

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:46 pm

Congrats getkumars and lisa_simpson,

Great to see some more approvals.

My application reached HO today and I had attached postal order.

If its of any worth.I found following on bia website:

Initial Highly Skilled Migrant Programme application (form HSMP1)

Our service standard is that we will decide:

50% of applications within five weeks
90% of applications within 14 weeks.

We are currently deciding:

95% of applications within 14 weeks.
Regrettably, due to a sudden increase in the number of applications, HSMP applications are currently taking longer than normal to consider. Therefore we are currently unable to meet our first service standard of 50% of applications within five weeks. We ask you please to bear with us during this busy time.

So looks like they are busy.But HSMP and tier 1 timelines might be unrelated as HSMP applications go to Sheffield and Tier 1 to Durham.

I have seen people with masters in UK getting decision faster. Aylee,getkumars and lisa_simpson can you please confirm if this was the case for you? so that we can have another theory to explain processing times.

Good luck to all.

abhishekagrawal79

Re: New theory of how TIER 1 application being prioritize !

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:57 pm

Hi All,

I have one doubt. One of my couleague is showing Indian Earnings where as he was was in UK and getting UK allowance as well. But his majority earnings were paid in India as he was with an Indian Software firm.

So is it necessary that the person who is showing earnings from Country A shohld be staing in the same country to show earnings.

Thanks in avance.
Abhishek

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

UK tier 1

Post by Jedi001 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:30 am

Hello All,

Can anyone answer the below question please...

Maintenance Fund:-

1. Do we need 800 pounds for the period of 3 months?
or
2. Do we need 2800 pounds for the period of 3 months?
or
3. Do we need 2800 pounds for the period of 1 month?

I am planning to apply from India.

Kind regards

Jedi001

ashraya

Post by ashraya » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:37 am

Abhishek:

I had last year attempted to get HSMP and failed with such circumstances. If we are paid an allowance in UK, that cannot be shown as Salary. Normally, firms giving Salary in India and Allowance in UK do not pay any NI or other taxes on the UK allowance. So, that cannot be shown as salary. Also, since the Person is in UK, you have to calculate the Indian salary straight converted into UK Pounds, without the multiplier. (The New Tier 1 Assessment tool does this automatically).

So, to use the multiplier, the person must stay in the same country. This was clearly mentioned in the rejection letter I got the last time.

Given that, it was deemed I did not qualify. I have changed employers after that, and now I am paid a straight UK salary and Allowance in India. That is how I now qualify for Tier 1, and am waiting for decision.

Regards,
Ashraya
abhishekagrawal79 wrote:Hi All,

I have one doubt. One of my couleague is showing Indian Earnings where as he was was in UK and getting UK allowance as well. But his majority earnings were paid in India as he was with an Indian Software firm.

So is it necessary that the person who is showing earnings from Country A shohld be staing in the same country to show earnings.

Thanks in avance.
Abhishek

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:47 am

Ashraya,

When you applied last year under HSMP, did you submit the UK payslips (though it was showing as allowance)? Because some of my friends have applied with UK payslips (showing allowance ) together with Indian payslips together and got the approval.

However the UK allowance cannot be converted into a gross figure.

HSMPaspirant2007
ashraya wrote:Abhishek:

I had last year attempted to get HSMP and failed with such circumstances. If we are paid an allowance in UK, that cannot be shown as Salary. Normally, firms giving Salary in India and Allowance in UK do not pay any NI or other taxes on the UK allowance. So, that cannot be shown as salary. Also, since the Person is in UK, you have to calculate the Indian salary straight converted into UK Pounds, without the multiplier. (The New Tier 1 Assessment tool does this automatically).

So, to use the multiplier, the person must stay in the same country. This was clearly mentioned in the rejection letter I got the last time.

Given that, it was deemed I did not qualify. I have changed employers after that, and now I am paid a straight UK salary and Allowance in India. That is how I now qualify for Tier 1, and am waiting for decision.

Regards,
Ashraya

Thanks in avance.
Abhishek

urgent

Re: Is FLR required for Tier one

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:49 am

Hi Carpra,

Can provide the following details of you so that I can update the list with your name also...check the link for the same.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=180

Date Applied :20th march
Reached Home office :
Debit charged:
Reference Number received : ??( PB****)
Decision :
Passport Stamped .
Docs Recieved :
carpra wrote:Congratulations lisa_simpson, getkumars !

I have applied for Tier One on March 20. Have received the reference. but waiting for the decision.

Now that you have the Tier One approved, Did you receive your Passport with the Tier 1 visa stamping (or) do you need to apply for FLR.

Please clarify
indian,
Loves people and loves the planet

urgent

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:53 am

I think your friend company would have paid NI and other taxes.
As I know if allowance is paid and there is no pay slip u can't claim.

ashraya wrote:Abhish

Regards,
Ashraya

Thanks in avance.
Abhishek
indian,

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:01 am

Ashraya,

One more quick question. When you applied last year under HSMP category, did you submit your P60 along with your application.

HSMPaspirant2007
hsmpaspirant2007 wrote:Ashraya,

When you applied last year under HSMP, did you submit the UK payslips (though it was showing as allowance)? Because some of my friends have applied with UK payslips (showing allowance ) together with Indian payslips together and got the approval.

HSMPaspirant2007

Regards,
Ashraya

Thanks in avance.
Abhishek

butterfly08
Newly Registered

Contact info

Post by butterfly08 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:20 am

Hi,

I've sent my tier1 application on 12th Mar, so far no news, I'd like to give a call and ask them. I'm not sure about the contact no. Can anyone please let me know which no to call? or where can i get the no?

Thanks in advance

urgent

Re: Contact info

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:29 am

Dear Butterfly08,

0114 207 4074 is the number you should call option 1 for Tier 1. But sometimes you have to try many times ,wait over 5mins to get somebody pick up the phone.

Once u get any info ...please upate the forum.

And Could u please provide the following details details of yours:

Date Applied :12th march
Reached Home office :
Debit charged:
Reference Number received : ??( PB****)
Decision :
Passport Stamped .
Docs Recieved :

One question for u....is it a tier 1 initial application or FLR with valid HSMP letter ?

Thanks

butterfly08 wrote:Hi,

I've sent my tier1 application on 12th Mar, so far no news, I'd like to give a call and ask them. I'm not sure about the contact no. Can anyone please let me know which no to call? or where can i get the no?

Thanks in advance
indian,

butterfly08
Newly Registered

Post by butterfly08 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:11 am

Hi Urgent, thanks for the response.
I was in HSMP and now switches to tier1. My details are

Reached Home office : 13th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2994....)
Decision : Awaiting

By the way how the docs will get returned? royal mail normal or special delivery?

ashraya

Post by ashraya » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:49 am

I did submit my UK Payslips (showing only Allowance) and the P60. I did not get the approval because I was using the Indian Salary with the Multiplier to qualify. My understanding was limited at that time.

I wonder how your friends qualified. Without the multiplier, to get around 30 points for Salary, you would need an Indian Salary of close to 25 Lacs. I wish I made such money.

Regards,
Ashraya

HSMPaspirant2007

Regards,
Ashraya

Thanks in avance.
Abhishek

urgent

Post by urgent » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:35 am

Hi Butterfly08,

They will send it by royal mail with recorded delivery.

butterfly08 wrote:Hi Urgent, thanks for the response.
I was in HSMP and now switches to tier1. My details are

Reached Home office : 13th march
Debit charged: 13th March
Reference Number received :14th March ( PB2994....)
Decision : Awaiting

By the way how the docs will get returned? royal mail normal or special delivery?
indian,

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:38 am

Do you mean to say that you claimed points from India , providing your UK payslips and P60. Sorry for asking you too many questions.

ashraya wrote:I did submit my UK Payslips (showing only Allowance) and the P60. I did not get the approval because I was using the Indian Salary with the Multiplier to qualify. My understanding was limited at that time.

I wonder how your friends qualified. Without the multiplier, to get around 30 points for Salary, you would need an Indian Salary of close to 25 Lacs. I wish I made such money.

Regards,
Ashraya

HSMPaspirant2007

Regards,
Ashraya

Thanks in avance.
Abhishek

ashraya

Post by ashraya » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:46 am

Thanks for highlighting my ignorance, but that is what I did.

Ashraya
hsmpaspirant2007 wrote:Do you mean to say that you claimed points from India , providing your UK payslips and P60. Sorry for asking you too many questions.

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:59 am

Hi irf_bar:

Are you sure you got 110 points!!! or have you added the 10 points for English Language requirement and 10 points for maintenance also.

Gob00st wrote:Hi irf_bar:

Thanks for you information, 110 is great mark though, good for you. But it seems my theory was busted...

Maybe HO was just lying to us who made inquiry of application progress within 28 days of receipt of Ref number which is not recommended by HO unless there is a emergency which btw is getkumars's case who mentioned he need to travel to HO.But it is just my personal opinion.

Any thoughts guys?

Regards,
Gob00st

irf_bar wrote:hI Gob00st,

I don't think so, because im claiming 110 points under this new point system. If i see according to you then i would have got my application in my hand with the results by this time.

Regards,
Irf

Gob00st wrote:My new theory of how HO prioritize TIER 1 applications:

It is possible that HO will process those applicants who claim higher marks first.They might have a initial filtering before a application being assigned to a caseworker. Those who claim higher mark got bigger hope of getting approved, that's why my theory is higher mark applicant got allocated to caseworker first, hence got approve first or rejected first.

What do you guys think?

People(sinspider,aylee,lisa_simpson,getkumars) who got approved or rejected already could you please let us know how many marks(just a overall mark would be enough) you were claiming for?

It all your answer are high mark, it could prove my theory.

Regards,

Gob00st

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:12 am

If so why didn't they consider your application against the UK Band?
ashraya wrote:Thanks for highlighting my ignorance, but that is what I did

Ashraya
hsmpaspirant2007 wrote:Do you mean to say that you claimed points from India , providing your UK payslips and P60. Sorry for asking you too many questions.

nibbs08

Post by nibbs08 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:39 am

Hi Guys
Called in Ho just now,Was told that they are inendated with applications and it might take a while for even getting reference no,my details regarding application under switching to PBS from HSMP is

posted- 4th April 2008
payment- 7th April 2008
reference -7th April 2008 - PB301******

Thanks

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) Application Approved

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:42 am

hsmpaspirant2007:
================
Date Applied:15th March
Payment Taken: 17th March
Reference Number Received: 18th March
Decision Taken: 31st March
Current Status: Approved.

th

Post by th » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:46 am

hsmpaspirant2007, did you just get the approval letter or with the passports stamped as well?