ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

child benefit

Post by prem_singh123 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:50 pm

Hello,
this question may be answered some where but I couldn't find it hence asking here.
I am a British Citizen and my wife is on spouse visa. we recently had our first baby, I want to apply for child benefit but I am stuck on one question in child benefit form which is
question no 32: Is your partner entitled to Child Benefit now or are they waiting to hear if they can get Child Benefit
any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: child benefit

Post by CMOSUK » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:19 am

prem_singh123 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:50 pm
Hello,
this question may be answered some where but I couldn't find it hence asking here.
I am a British Citizen and my wife is on spouse visa. we recently had our first baby, I want to apply for child benefit but I am stuck on one question in child benefit form which is
question no 32: Is your partner entitled to Child Benefit now or are they waiting to hear if they can get Child Benefit
any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
That would be a no, as she won't be entitled to child benefit while on a spouse visa.

If there is a box where you can explain further, I would write under immigration control or '' no recourse to public funds''.

Child benefit would only be applicable to you only as you are BC.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.