ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

caferacer
Australia

Re: Foreign Birth Registration?

Post by caferacer » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:13 pm

whats the email address??

starjoey
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by starjoey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:45 am

caferacer - I believe the email address is: foreign.london@dfa.ie.

Mak2386
United States of America

Post by Mak2386 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:56 pm

Hello,

I have submitted all my documents at 2nd June 2017 to London embassy and yesterday I have contacted to Irish embassy to ask status. lady told me that my case is under manager review.
Can anybody advise how long it will take more?

thanks
MAK

rmurphy432
Newly Registered

Post by rmurphy432 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:02 am

I use the form on the 'contact us' page of the FBR section on the website - have used it 2-3 times as I had a few queries before I sent my application and I generally received a reply on the same day.
caferacer wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:29 pm
Murphy..can i ask what email you used please...i want to do the same, drop them an email...Cheers

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:34 am

Mak2386 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:56 pm
Hello,

I have submitted all my documents at 2nd June 2017 to London embassy and yesterday I have contacted to Irish embassy to ask status. lady told me that my case is under manager review.

thanks
MAK
Thats nearly 8 months , its strange , I heard applications sent from Dublin take only 5/6 months.

Mak2386
United States of America

Post by Mak2386 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:35 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:34 am
Mak2386 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:56 pm
Hello,

thanks
MAK
Thats nearly 8 months , its strange , I heard applications sent from Dublin take only 5/6 months.
Yes. it is nearly 8 months.. I have submitted docs in London Embassy. in sept I have been asked for additional documents via email and been submitted in a week time... and now no information.. looks like they are very busy these days....

margin
Newly Registered

Post by margin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:07 am

Mak2386 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:35 pm
Yes. it is nearly 8 months.. I have submitted docs in London Embassy. in sept I have been asked for additional documents via email and been submitted in a week time... and now no information.. looks like they are very busy these days....
Perhaps your application is subject to special consideration, which is taking longer.

Aerlinguist
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Aerlinguist » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:48 pm

margin wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:07 am
Mak2386 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:35 pm
Perhaps your application is subject to special consideration, which is taking longer.
I applied on Aug 2 and have also been told a manager needs to review my application. May I ask, what additional documentation did they request? Thanks!

Mak2386
United States of America

Post by Mak2386 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:57 pm

Hello.
They need original birth and death certificate of my grand father. and I have been provided at sept.
I don't know how long it will take.

Aerlinguist
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Aerlinguist » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:43 pm

Mak2386 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:57 pm
Hello.
They need original birth and death certificate of my grand father. and I have been provided at sept.
I don't know how long it will take.
Thanks. For me it was a discrepancy with my grand mother's date of birth - I actually called Dublin and was told that a manager would need to review - that was two weeks ago... Good luck to us both!

Mak2386
United States of America

Post by Mak2386 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:39 pm

Thanks..
But I really don't know. it is like a final approval or just application review.
If after this manager review and it will separately go for approval means another 3 months time.
its already took 8 months for me as I have submitted my stuff on 2nd June.

ninal01
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ninal01 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:55 pm

rmurphy432 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:06 pm
Hi all,

After lurking on this board for a few months, I thought it might be helpful to post a recent update on processing times for the London Embassy: I posted my FBR application on August 22nd 2017, and sent an email today (23rd January 2018) to check the status, feeling hopeful after reports of 4-5 month processing times. I received a very swift reply to say that my application was in Dublin and at an advanced stage, but also that FBR applications are currently taking six months from the date of receipt.
That is super great news for you! You submitted about 2 weeks before me, hopefully that means I'll hear something soon. Last week I got the generic 'it is taking at least six months'. However you are giving me hope that I'll hear something in the coming weeks!

gmoney
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by gmoney » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:28 pm

ninal01 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:55 pm
rmurphy432 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:06 pm
Hi all,

After lurking on this board for a few months, I thought it might be helpful to post a recent update on processing times for the London Embassy: I posted my FBR application on August 22nd 2017, and sent an email today (23rd January 2018) to check the status, feeling hopeful after reports of 4-5 month processing times. I received a very swift reply to say that my application was in Dublin and at an advanced stage, but also that FBR applications are currently taking six months from the date of receipt.
That is super great news for you! You submitted about 2 weeks before me, hopefully that means I'll hear something soon. Last week I got the generic 'it is taking at least six months'. However you are giving me hope that I'll hear something in the coming weeks!
Hi guys!
I submitted my fbr (by descent) about 22 September last year and also sent an email to the embassy about a week ago. I was also told my application was at an advanced stage of processing in Dublin, does anyone know how much longer it will take if it is at the advanced stage?? Havn't been able to find any information anywhere. I really need mine (and passport) before I go overseas in April
Goodluck to you both! :)

Mak2386
United States of America

Post by Mak2386 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:13 pm

I really don't know what is the difference in Advance stage or manager review or approval... ( Lady told me it is under manager review... ) I cant wait more.. I have submitted mine on June 2nd. to London Embassy. :)

caferacer
Australia

Post by caferacer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:27 pm

Advanced stage , i guess, means , you are just about there...

pixie1230

Post by pixie1230 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:58 pm

Hello everyone, I just need some help. I passed my requirements for my child born outside Ireland last nov 27,2017. And now we received an email on the foreign birth office saying we need to pass more docs for our child( passport or any national id and doctors letter with a heading) They said we need to complete it in 28 days time and normal processing will continue with our application. However my daughter’s birth cert with authentication still needs to be request in her country of birth plus her doctors note. I dunno if 28 days is enough to get all this? Is there anyway that they extend that “28days” and give us more time to gather all those paperworks? And for example we havent finish it for 28 days? Does her application get resetted and back to day one and wait another 6 months time? Please help! Thanks in advance!

caferacer
Australia

Post by caferacer » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:35 pm

Who quite knows how their systems work, some posters here some things, others, different things, just write them a letter, and at the same time do your best to get all is required..

DevonOne
Newly Registered

Post by DevonOne » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:47 pm

Just to let everyone know my timings as I found this forum useful before I applied.

Processed by London Embassy
Application sent away 4th Aug 2017
FBR registered 18th January 2018

So that's 5.5 months. Good luck all you Irish compatriots (to be)!

joanward
Newly Registered

Post by joanward » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I've got almost everything ready now to apply. But I'm slightly confused by the guidelines regarding witnesses. On the Irish Embassy of GB website their guidelines say...

The witness must be from one of the following professions only and :

(a) Must be currently residing and practicing in the UK

(b) Must not be related in any way to the Applicant

Police Officer (including collar number and Station Stamp if available)
Members of the Clergy (We define a member of the Clergy as a person who can officiate at Ceremonies e.g. Baptisms, Weddings, Funerals etc.)
Medical Doctor (Must be registered with the General Medical Council)
Solicitor (Must be registered with the Law Society)
Bank Manager/Building Society Manager
School Principal/Head Teacher
Head of Department at University/College
Magistrate/Judge

But on the actual form it says:
Member of the Clergy
Medical Doctor
School Principal
Bank Manager
Solicitor/Lawyer
Police Officer
Magistrate/Judge

I have two people in mind. A head of department friend, or a lawyer friend. But the two lists are contradictory on this matter! I've dropped them an email, but I thought perhaps those of you who have completed the process might be able to advise? Hope you can help, and good luck with all your applications!

Ali

caferacer
Australia

Post by caferacer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:40 pm

Devon..Whao..great, well done...gives us all a gee up...and hope....

swisstony
Newly Registered

Post by swisstony » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:16 am

@joanward
A bit of advice, make sure your witness is someone who is easily contactable and likely to reply promptly, my doctor was contacted to ask if I really had signed the form in front of him (so do that properly), from his account I think he couldn't be reached and took a while to reply to them.
Perhaps email your 2 friends then ask whoever replies first.

joanward
Newly Registered

Post by joanward » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:31 am

Thanks for the response!

I think my lawyer friend would be fine, although she is not a UK lawyer as such but is based here and works in the UK office. Do you think this would be ok? I'm being very careful that I get everything right because after all the effort of getting the documents together I don't want to mess this bit up!

Ali

swisstony
Newly Registered

Post by swisstony » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:13 pm

joanward wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:31 am
Do you think this would be ok?
I'm sure it would but the 'Contact us' page of the embassy site should get you a quick response if you wanted to check.

haylingbilly
Newly Registered

Post by haylingbilly » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Does anybody know if the witness is contacted in all cases and how long after first applying/how long before the FBR certificate is issued this happens?

Just wondering as my witness hasn’t been contacted yet. Don’t know if this means they might not be or if my application simply hasn’t been processed yet.

ninal01
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ninal01 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:06 am

DevonOne wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:47 pm
Just to let everyone know my timings as I found this forum useful before I applied.

Processed by London Embassy
Application sent away 4th Aug 2017
FBR registered 18th January 2018

So that's 5.5 months. Good luck all you Irish compatriots (to be)!
Amazing! I submitted a month after you and I'm still waiting - hopefully the next few weeks here! Did they contact you or your witness at all? Or email you to advise you that you were registered?