ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur out of country times?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thaicharoens
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur out of country times?

Post by thaicharoens » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi all,

I have applied for my initial Tier 1 GE visa from Bangkok on the 3rd of January.
The thing that I'm confused about is that out of country non-settlement applications should normally take 15 working days to process (as also mentioned by VFS when I applied). However, as today is the 15th working day, and having no contact from the UKVI other than to say that my application was being prepared for consideration. I'm just wondering if I am wrong with the processing times (and a little worried) that it will be up to 8 weeks (the same as an in country application).

Any input would be greatly appreciated if I should start escalating or leaving it be for now.

Best,

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur out of country times?

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:51 pm

We cannot tell you when and how your application will be processed. The timeframe of such applications vary from country to country and are unique to each case. We have NO information on how or why and when you will get a response
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:00 pm

They may be overwhelmed.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

voda93
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by voda93 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:35 pm

Hey chai, any updates to your application?

I've been calling in to UKVI hotline for the past few days, and I have only been advised that the application has been 'looked at', and that I can only raise an enquiry at the 16 working days mark.

It's been 14 working days, so I will check in on Thursday about it. But even then I was told it will take up to 3 weeks for a status update.

I paid for a priority service too and was advised by VFS it'd take a week. So I'm really disappointed as I'll probably miss another important flight next week.

thaicharoens
Newly Registered

Post by thaicharoens » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:02 pm

Hey,

I'm still waiting on a decision., escalated the application yesterday (will probably do nothing). I got the visa manager at my uni to chase it up, but still waiting for a reply.

Will let you know if there's an update.

Kanexy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Kanexy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:13 pm

Hi guys. I’ve been following your conversation. I also applied for a T1 GE visa and still awaiting a decision. Is there any recent development with your application?

thaicharoens
Newly Registered

Post by thaicharoens » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:47 pm

Got my uni to chase it up. Visa granted 31/01/18